With space already feeling a little crowded in the video streaming industry, there are only a few differences that really set streaming platforms apart from the pack. Xumo TV distinguishes itself as a platform by incorporating media from about 190 different popular channels and and bringing them all together under a single platform.
Imagine being able to stream a whole range of live content from news to comedy, fiction, science, sports, business (direct from Wall Street), and a huge array of other channels all for free. With Xumo TV on Firestick, you don’t have to imagine. We’ll show you exactly how to do it!
Xumo TV on Firestick: Top Features
Xumo TV is creating a niche for itself as a service that provides for the streaming needs of a wide range of different viewers, and it does it in a single platform that can be accessed from almost any device. There are a million good reasons to get Xumo TV on Firestick, but here are a few that we thought were especially compelling:
- Almost Unlimited Content
Xumo TV, unlike many other streaming platforms, does not create content. The content that you see on this platform is entirely incorporated from other media platforms. The upside of this strategy is that there is hardly a genre of movie or show you won’t be able to find on this platform. By keeping their resources focused on content acquisition, rather than content creation, Xumo TV on Firestick has been able to amass a huge and diverse library.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
- Available on All Devices
You can watch Xumo TV on Firestick, as well as tons of other devices. For many users, it is available in most major app stores like Google Play, Apple app store, Amazon app store, etc.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Free Streaming
Do we really need to qualify this one? What’s better than free? You get access to a massive collection of movie and TV content without having to shell out a single dime for any of it. It is free. You’ve literally got nothing to lose by checking it out.
- Good Playback Options
Xumo TV on Firestick has a great user interface, with all the functionality you might expect from a paid service. Pause, rewind, or just move on to another video if you do not enjoy the show you are watching. It’s easy to navigate and fun to watch.
- Airplay Casting
You can smoothly cast what you’ve been watching on a mobile phone screen to straight to your widescreen TV with Xumo TV on Firestick. Just use Airplay or your favorite casting app to cast whatever you are watching so that the whole room can see it.
Some of the amazing channels you can watch with Xumo TV on Firestick include:
- The Asylum
- Vanity fair
- ABC News
- PGA Tour
How to Install Xumo TV on Firestick
Xumo TV is a very exciting app that everyone should have on their Firestick device. Many users can download it from the Amazon App store for Firestick devices and begin to use it immediately. However, in many cases, Xumo TV on Firestick may blocked or unavailable in your region. In either case, we’ll show you how to download and unblock the app, no matter where you are.
- Method 1: Install the official Xumo app via the Amazon Store
- Method 2: Sideload and unblock Xumo in the regions where it is banned
The quickest method to install Xumo is Method 1, and it is perfect for those who live in the regions where Xumo is officially available.
Method 1: Install Xumo TV on Firestick via the Amazon Store
- Launch your Firestick or similar Fire TV device that you use, and go to the Home screen
- Navigate to the top corner and select the search bar. The search bar is the one with a lens icon that extends into a blank box when you select it.
- Enter the name of the app-“Xumo” into the blank space and click the search button
- The Xumo TV app icon appears as one of the first results that return from the search. Select and click the app from the search result.
- The next window gives you the option to download the app by clicking the Get option, if you are installing it for the first time.
- Otherwise, click Download if Xumo TV was previously installed in your Firestick app. This (as you might expect) initiates the process of downloading the app on your device.
- The download might take a few minutes to complete, and you should wait for it to finish installing before you try to do anything else on your Firestick. When the app is installed, you can click on the Open link to start using the app.
Congrats! If you’re in a supported region, you’ve now got Xumo TV on Firestick and can start streaming! Otherwise, move on to method 2.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
Method 2: Sideload and Unblock Xumo TV on Firestick in Banned Regions
This is a more manual method of installing the Xumo TV APK if you can’t get it from the Amazon Store (for most people that are not within the supported region). We will use the alternative app Aptoide to install it.
Follow the steps below to install the Xumo TV on your Firestick:
- Go to the Home screen of your Firestick/Fire TV device and go to settings. You will find it in the Menu Bar at the top.
- Select and open the option My Fire TV/Device in Firestick settings
- Next, look for and click the Developer Options
- If the option Apps from Unknown Sources is showing OFF, you should switch that option to ON. It allows you to download third-party apps
- Now, click Turn On to confirm that you also wish to enable this option.
- From your remote control, you should press the home button on your remote to return to the Firestick Home screen.
- On the Home screen, navigate to the menu bar on the top and select the Search option (you will find this at the top-left corner)
- In the blank space in the Search option, search for the popular app called Downloader. It can be used as a sideloading tool to install third-party apps on Firestick
- Click the Downloader icon on the window that you see on the next screen
- You will either see a Get or Download option on the next window; depending on if this is your first time installing the Downloader app, and click on it
- When you download the Downloader app, install and click Open.
- You should now the main screen of the Downloader app (this home tab will be activated by default)
- Using the onscreen keyboard, enter the URL: tvcola.com/xumotv in the textbox, and click on GO.
- The APK file for Xumo TV on Firestick will begin to download. After download, click on the “install” option to install the app.
- Click OK in the bottom right corner of the screen (it appears in the first run). Then click Allow to the request that follows next
If you don’t see Xumo TV on your home page, look for it in the apps section of your settings.
Important: You will need a VPN to watch Xumo TV on Firestick
Now that you have the app, you need to trick it into thinking that you’re streaming from a supported region. That’s easy to do with a VPN service like IPVanish. You can hide your traffic or switch regions online with the use of a VPN, allowing you to access content that may be restricted where you live. And Xumo TV on Firestick works well with most VPNs.
Not many people know that VPNs are a great hack that allows you to get extra free content without ever having to jailbreak your Firestick or download 3rd party free streaming apps. You can get free, blocked content on paid streaming apps like Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and YouTube that is currently being kept from you!
Paid subscription streaming sites will block certain content depending on where you are. Downloading a VPN like IPVanish will allow you to trick streaming services into thinking that you’re streaming from different regions, thus unlocking region-blocked content! If you’re paying for a service, we think you should get everything that the service offers.
In fact, there are tons of great benefits of using a VPN that most people don’t know about. If this sounds like it would improve your streaming life (and it’s definitely improved ours), use our link to get our reader discount on the best, most reliable VPN available.
How to get IPVanish for Shudder TV on Firestick
- Using any device, search the IPVanish official website and create an account (use our link to get a discount for our readers)
- Now on your Firestick, go to the home screen
- Click and select on the search tab
- Type in IPVanish
- Select it from the search results
- Click on the IPVanish app icon
- Click on the Get button or the Download button
- Open the app and enter your credentials (username and password)
- Once logged in, select the country of your choice (the US or anywhere else), and use the best default for both city and server
- Click Connect
No matter which way you download it, the service remains the same. You should launch and select the content you want on your Xumo TV. Remember, you don’t need to sign up.