This article answers the question “Why Should I Use a VPN?” by showing you examples and details about Internet data security.
Why Should I Use a VPN?
You should use a VPN because it secures all of the data transferred to and from all your devices.
Right off the bat, you instantly gain total privacy, Internet data security, and anonymity for all devices connected to the VPN. See how it works and how to set it up below.
Benefits of Using a VPN
Setting up a VPN results in several amazing benefits to you, such as:
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
- Unblock Kodi addons and encrypt your Kodi streams to make sure third parties and ISPs don’t see what you’re streaming
- Make your Internet browsing anonymous by encrypting your data. Websites, ISPs, and third parties will only see that someone from the VPN is browsing their site! They won’t see your IP address, your geographical location (geolocation), or your info.
- Protect your transferred data: All data sent through the VPN is encrypted. This means that only you and the intended recipient can read the data. To see an example of how easy it would be for me or anyone else to hack your passwords at a WiFi hotspot, watch my How to Hack WiFi tutorial video.
- Minimize your Internet footprint by making your browsing anonymous. Ex: Eliminate location-based ad-targeting (like “Hi! Would you like to meet someone in Phoenix, AZ?”) by using one of hundreds of VPN servers spread throughout the USA and the rest of the world. Instead of asking yourself “Why should I use a VPN?”, ask yourself “Why Am I Not Using a VPN?!”.
- VPN Service keeps you safe from many, many security threats, including WiFi hackers, malicious browser malware, and others. * Note: This does not make your computer Superman. You still have your duties as an Internet user to not download suspicious files or click on strange links.
- Using a VPN makes torrent data anonymous (and other digital downloads in all file formats like MP4 and MP3), so ISPs don’t mistake legit torrent downloads as non-legit torrent file downloads (see this article)
How Easy Is It to Set Up a VPN?
It’s pretty easy to set up a VPN: if you can install an app on a smartphone and sign up for an account, you’re golden!
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Here’s how to set up your new VPN on all your devices (video tutorial immediately below, then written steps below that):
How to Set Up a VPN
- Get an account with IPVanish (prices vary from $4.87/month for a 1 Year subscription, or $10 for a month-to-month subscription). All plans have a 7 day moneyback guarantee.
- Then you have two ways to go. Using “Method A” we install the VPN app individually on all devices you want secured. This is the “easier” of the two methods. Or, set up the VPN on a VPN-capable router (see my YouTube tutorial above.. “Method B”). Method B enables the VPN on all of the devices that connect to the VPN router. This method is the “not-as-easy” but “more techie” method. Method B encrypts all of your data on the router level, so your devices don’t have to do it themselves!
- If you choose to install the VPN on your devices individually (the first method), then simply download and install the IPVanish app. The VPN app is available for free for whichever device type you’re using. For example, there’s a free IPVanish app for Android, iOS (iPhone and iPad), Windows, Mac, and other device types.
- Or, if you choose to set up VPN on your router, then follow our Kodi VPN Router setup guide (video above!). This video was created originally for Kodi users. But it works for literally anyone who wants to set up a VPN on all of their devices for any and all purposes.
In this modern age of security risks-a-plenty, I strongly urge you on a personal level to use a VPN. And use the VPN on not just some, but all of your devices!
This is particularly necessary for your Android or iOS smartphone. So, once again, why should I use a VPN (especially on Public WiFi)? Because coffee shops and other public places have unsecured WiFi networks.
Be sure to take 60% off a 1 Year VPN subscription with our exclusive Coupon Code FIRETV25!