How to Install Kodi 19 Matrix On Amazon Fire Stick
Ever since its release back in 2002 as XBMC, Kodi has taken the streaming world by storm. Users have grown to love the customization provided in Kodi for big screens. While it’s essentially a media player, you can use it to browse photos, watch live TV, read books, and do much more on your TV. It runs on a huge range of platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, tvOS, Xbox, and Amazon’s Fire lineup of devices.
It’s worth mentioning that Kodi is entirely free of cost. It’s an open-source application developed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation. Also, Kodi doesn’t house any content on its servers. It acts merely as a media organizer for the content available online and on your PC. With the help of different Kodi add-ons, you can stream content directly from the internet onto your TV screen. Some of these add-ons are utilized for streaming pirated content from the internet, which has tarnished its reputation to some extent. Still, its advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Today, the Kodi community continues to grow each passing day.
Kodi developers continue to develop new updates adding new features and fixing prior bugs. That’s one of the reasons why this media platform is such a popular choice among cord-cutters. The latest version of Kodi is likely to release in the second half of this year. However, the Beta version called Kodi 19 Matrix is available to download. Let’s take a look at what you should expect from the new update.
Below are some of the new features and enhancements.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
HIDE ME NOW
- Improved handling of multi-disc CD & boxsets
- Additional meta tags
- A new, Matrix-inspired music visualization
- Software decoding of AV1 CODEC
- You can now change subtitle opacity
- New dark grey color
- The iOS now supports Bluetooth game controllers (Xbox/PlayStation/Others)
Darwin (Apple) platforms:
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Objective-C code migrated from manual memory management to ARC
- Now shows total/free space
- Kodi log on native sharing sheet
- No app restart needed for Blank Other Displays
- ‘Toggle fullscreen’ can use the default macOS shortcut
- Static HDR10 support
- Dynamic Dolby Vision HDR
- Static HDR10
- PVR reminders
- TV and radio channel groups
- Estuary home screen widgets
- Group manager usability improvements
- Channel manager usability improvements
- Guide window navigation controls
- Estuary PVR information dialog improvements
- Setting ‘Switch to full screen’ now supports channel types
- Playlist context menu items for recordings
- Dynamic PVR categories for Estuary home screen
- Sort and View channels and EPG by order of channels
- Support group-specific channel numbering
- Support to start EPG entries as live
- New, Live, Finale, and Premiere for EPG, recordings, and timers
- Guide performance enhancements
- Search performance enhancements
- EPG and memory usage optimization
- C++ API for PVR Add-on development
- Python 3 for add-ons.
- The origin of installed add-ons and their dependencies to be enforced.
Significant Features of Kodi 19
So you should expect some major changes in Kodi 19 Matrix. Let’s take a look at some standouts before proceeding to the installation guide of Kodi 19 on Firestick.
- Better Support for Android TV Features such as voice-to-text typing, guide window, and search options.
- Full support for all the streaming devices that use Digital Rights Management or DRM.
- Compatible with Samsung’s Smart TVs.
- Popular Video Streaming Platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video has been officially integrated into Kthe Kodi 19 Matrix.
- Full compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home for IoT and Smart Home Integrations.
- Improvements on 3D Video Playback quality
- Improvements for the Apple Airplay.
- Kodi now supports the newest Gaming console Xbox One X.
- Next-level support for gaming with features like retro emulation and Bluetooth game controllers.
- 64-Bit Binary for the Windows OS.
- You can now install Secure Digital(SD) cards on Android.
How to Install Kodi 19 on Firestick & Fire TV
Getting Kodi 19 Matrix on Firestick is a fairly simple process. Anyone can get started within a few minutes. You don’t have to be a techie. As of writing this article, there are two working methods to get this job done, and both are working great. We will be sharing step by step guides for both of these methods for your convenience. Let’s begin.
Steps to Install Kodi 19 on Firestick via Downloader
Step 1: Go to the Firestick settings panel and select My Fire Tv.
Step 2: Select Developer Options and proceed to turn on the “Allow Apps from Unknown Sources” option
Step 3: Now, head back to the Search bar on the main Firestick screen and type in Downloader.
Step 4: Select the very first option called “Downloader” in the list of shown results.
Step 5: Then, you need to download this application and install it on your device.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
Step 6: Once the Downloader App has been installed, open it up.
Step 7: On the Downloader main page, you should be able to see a URL field having a default value of http://. It’s on the right-hand side of the display.
Step 8: Next, you have to enter the following URL: https://bit.ly/kodi190
This is a link to the official Kodi 19 Matrix.
Step 10: Hit the Go button to start downloading.
Step 11: Wait a few moments as the file downloads.
Step 12: once the download is complete, tap on the file to start the installation. Dismiss any prompts.
Steps to Download Kodi 19 on Firestick Through ES File Explorer
Step 1: Start FireStick and search for ES File Explorer.
Step 2: Install it on your device.
Step 3: Launch the ES Explorer and go to the Tools menu on the screen’s left-hand side. Select Download Manager and then click on the New option with a + sign.
Step 4: Enter the following URL: https://bit.ly/kodi190 and Click Download Now
Step 5: Wait a few moments as Kodi 19 Matrix downloads
Step 6: Install it on your device.
Step 7: Finally, press and hold the home button for a while, then select the Kodi 19 icon from the download apps list on your device.
How to Install Add-on on Kodi 19
Kodi is popular because of its add-ons. These add-ons open up huge possibilities for you to explore and take your streaming experience to the next level. So, if you want to install a new Add-on on Kodi 19 Matrix, follow these steps:
Step 1: Launch the Kodi 19 app on your Firestick device.
Step 2: Follow this navigation path to add a new Add-on.
Settings > File manager > Add source > None
Step 3: Now, you have to enter the URL of the add-on you want to add and name the source file for your ease. For example, in this example, we are adding Exodus, so we call it Exodus.
Step 4: Next, you need to go back to the Home page of Kodi and select the option for Add-ons.
Step 5: Now select the installation icon located on the top left side of the screen.
Step 6: Then, select Install from Zip File and select the name you gave to your apk: Exodus in this tutorial.
Step 7: Hit the Install button
Step 8: Wait a few moments until you see a notification saying the add-on has been installed successfully.
Step 9: Finally, go back to Add-ons and select “Video Add-ons.”
That’s where Exodus will be. Enjoy!
That’s all about Kodi 19 Matrix and how to get Kodi 19 on FireStick. We hope the information and guidance provided in this write-up help you get started with this fantastic media manager. We have highlighted some latest additions to Kodi 19. However, it’s still under beta testing, so you may come across some bugs, especially while working with third-party apps. We also recommend using a reliable VPN service such as IPVanish VPN before you start streaming directly on your TV screen. It will protect you in more than one way. Anyway, we will keep you posted about Kodi 19 as the full version gets rolled out later this year. Watch this space!