Watch VR Netflix with this easy step-by-step guide. VR Netflix is available for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and even Samsung Gear VR.
- Watch Netflix on Samsung Gear VR using the app made specifically for Netflix on Gear VR
- For Oculus Rift, try the “Virtual Theater” environment setting found in Virtual Desktop. Users report this setting positions the virtual movie screen further back than in the default theater environment.
- HTC Vive supports movie streaming. Use SteamVR to watch your movies – not the apps you can download to play movies.
- Playstation VR (“PS VR“) supports VR Netflix by using Cinematic Mode. In Cinematic Mode, you can do anything with your VR headset that you can do with just your plain old PS4.
VR Netflix Tips
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (18.104.22.168).
- On Samsung Gear VR, use the Netflix app they provide
- For Oculus Rift, use the Virtual Theater viewing environment
- With HTC Vive, use Steam VR
- To watch VR Netflix on Playstation VR, use the headset’s built-in Cinematic Mode in combination with the Netflix app for PS4.
HTC Vive VR Netflix
Make sure to use [easyazon_link identifier=”B00VF5NT4I” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″ cart=”n”]SteamVR[/easyazon_link] to watch VR movies on HTC Vive, since it gives the best viewing experience.
- Go to Settings in SteamVR
- Change the Floor Bounds to the color Black.
- Modify the Background color to Black as well. There are all-black backgrounds located in the Workshop.
- Change the Chaperones setting to “Developer” if your sofa / chair lies is outside of the Chaperone bounds.
- Stand up out of your sofa / chair and open SteamVR before you sit back down
- This makes it so your HTC Vive Netflix movie screen is higher up. This way you don’t need to look down quite as much.