The VLC Firestick media player app is undoubtedly one of the best and most used free video player apps in the world right now thanks to its simple UI and flawless functionality.
Pro Tip: If you want to install the best apps for streaming movies & TV on your Firestick, then follow my Ultimate Firestick Jailbreak tutorial.
If you own a device like the Amazon Firestick, media player like the VLC can be useful for the effective management of all the video files on your Firestick. Installing the VLC media player on your Firestick is very easy, and this free process should only take you a couple of minutes.
Watch my YouTube tutorial video (immediately below). Or follow the written steps (below the video) install the VLC media player on your fire stick.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
VLC on Firestick: How to Install VLC Media Player
Have you ever wondered if there was another software you could use to better play videos, audio files, and other kinds of media on your FireStick? Well, the answer is that there is—the VLC FireStick app covers all the bases.
It’s free, open-source, and super high-performing. Its amazing and diverse features have made it one of the most-used media assistants available for download on the FireStick.
If you’re an avid stream watcher, TV enthusiast, or just want an all-in-one app to play your videos, you should download the VLC FireStick app as soon as possible. Your entertainment experience will improve, and it’s super easy to install!
Steps to Install VLC Firestick App
Part 1: Enable the downloader app
The downloader is an essential app that you should always keep enabled on your Firestick in order to download any third party apps on your device. Here is a simple way to do that:
- Press the home button on your Firestick remote to make sure you are on the home screen of your Firestick TV.
- Click and open the magnifying glass icon on top left side of the screen of the TV and type “Downloader.” Now search for the downloader app.
- Now select and press the downloader icon on the next screen to begin to download the downloader. It should be completed in seconds.
Now the downloader is officially installed on your Firestick. Stay on this screen and follow some further instructions to download the VLC media player on your Firestick.
Part 2: Download Aptoide
Once you have installed the downloader by following the above-mentioned steps, do this to actually download the Aptoide TV to further download the VLC media player app on your Firestick device.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
- Click on the downloader icon to open the Downloader app.
- Once inside the app, enter this link http://bit.ly/a323kftv, and press the “Go” button to begin the direct download.
- Once the download is complete. The VLC media player installer would automatically open.
- By pressing down the button on the Firestick remote, reach the “Install” button and press it to install the VLC media player. (This link is for the Aptoide TV, which is like a play store which we’ll further use to download the VLC player).
Now you have an idea of how we are indirectly going to download the VLC app by first getting the Aptoide TV.
Part 3: Download the VLC Firestick app
Let’s dive into the third and final step of setting up the VLC media player on your Firestick. Follow these easy steps to finish the process:
- Open the Aptoide TV app on your Firestick (we just downloaded that).
- If it says “An update is available,” just ignore that.
- Scroll through the “top apps” list and find the “VLC for android” widget (you can also type the VLC name in the search bar to quickly search for the app).
- Press that widget/ picture and press “Install” on the next screen to begin the downloading process.
- Once the download is complete, the VLC install would pop up automatically. Press the “Install” button to finish the installation process.
After the installation, press the “Open” button and open the VLC app. The app should already contain all of your stored video files on the Firestick. Enjoy your VLC experience!
VLC Player Features and Details
Now that you have a general idea of what the VLC FireStick app does, we’re going to give you the full overview of its features and specs.
Perhaps the most impressive aspect of VLC for FireStick is its versatility in the formats it supports. Whether you’re playing an audio or video file, there should be support for whatever form it’s in. For example:
- Supported video formats: MP4, WEBM, AVC, MKV, XVID, AVI, etc.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, Vorbis, FLAC, AC3, DTS, WMA, etc.
- Subtitle-supported: DVD, VTT, WebVTT, SubRip, TXT, etc.
The subtitle support can really come in handy in a pinch! Never worry about not understanding the video due to volume issues or limitations.
Another great aspect is that you can play videos with up to 4K resolution without losing any quality. Sometimes with other media players, the video or audio quality won’t be in the best shape it could have been on its origin site. Luckily, the VLC FireStick app eliminates this inconvenience.
There are many more features, including helpful software for navigating/syncing your videos.
How to Use VLC Media Player
When you open the app for the first time, it will ask you for permissions to operate on your FireStick. Click Yes when prompted, and then you’ll be able to access all the features.
Luckily, they make it easy—on the left-hand side, you’ll see the quick access menu with just 4 straightforward options: Video, Audio, Browsing, and Other.
Use Video and Audio to browse for and watch/listen to your favorite content, depending on the format. You can access saved videos and audio files from these tabs as well.
In Other, you’ll find Settings, where you can customize your VLC Player’s functionality, restart it, or clear your browsing history.
Protect Yourself With A VPN
So, one thing to mention while we’re at it is that you should probably be using a VPN along with VLC Media Player. While you can store great content on the app, when you’re browsing you’ll want to be protected with a VPN.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is what many people use to keep their IP address, browsing data, and location private from others. When you turn it on, you’ll be able to watch whatever you like without worrying about someone tracking you.
There are many security benefits of using a VPN, but VPNs can also help you access content that might be blocked in your region!
Luckily, on the FireStick there are actually many Amazon-supported VPN services that you can download right onto your device!
Next, we’ll tell you a little bit about the best VPN for FireStick to save you the time of searching.
What is IPVanish and why use it?
The best VPN for FireStick is undoubtedly IPVanish. Lots of our readers use it because of its security, ease of access, and availability on the FireStick.
So, what makes IPVanish stand out? It has to be its zero-log policy. Not all VPNs offer this extra layer of protection, but when you find one that does, you can rest easier when browsing.
A zero-log policy means that while you’re using the VPN service, the provider won’t be able to collect or store any of your browsing data in the back end. While pretty much everything you do on the internet has the potential to be stored, this can help you stay one hundred percent private.
I managed to get this excellent exclusive IPVanish discount for all my readers!
Click here to get started right away.
So, we hope that this article has helped you familiarize yourself with the VLC FireStick app and all it has to offer. Whether you’re wanting to use IPTV on VLC, have a storage space for your favorite media, or improve your user experience, VLC is a great tool for FireStick.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments and we’d be happy to answer them. Update us on your experience with VLC, and we’ll be back with a new article soon with more tips and tricks for your FireStick.
- 1 VLC on Firestick: How to Install VLC Media Player
- 2 Steps to Install VLC Firestick App
- 3 VLC Player Features and Details
- 4 How to Use VLC Media Player
- 5 Protect Yourself With A VPN
- 6 Wrap-up