This tutorial shows you how to quickly install Kodi 17.1 in order to Update Kodi on FireStick in 2017.
Kodi 17.1 Krypton Security Advisory: At the same time Kodi 17.1 was released, the United States government repealed Internet Privacy laws. This means that your own ISP now has the legal right to sell your browsing history to the highest bidder (ex: Verizon AppFlash). If you want to protect against this, follow my Kodi VPN setup guide (Video tutorial + written guide). This protects not just your Kodi data, but all of your transferred data.
So, after you update Kodi on FireStick, install Kodi 17.1 addons and protect yourself like I do and use my exclusive coupon code FIRETV25. This takes 60% off a 1 Year VPN subscription. After that, use my VPN setup guides & written guides to set up VPN service on any device (or all devices), including Amazon Fire Stick.
- Related: How to Set Up VPN on $20 Router (YouTube Video + written guide)
- Additional: Set Up VPN on $25 ASUS Router (YouTube Video)
How to Update Kodi on FireStick
- Go to the FireStick Home screen.
- Make sure you Enable ADB Debugging on your FireTV. Go to the System / Settings area. Then make sure ADB Debugging is Enabled and Apps From Unknown Sources.
- Go back to the Fire TV home screen
- Then go to Search
- Enter the text “Downloader“
- Select the word “Downloader”. This will search for the Downloader app
- After the search results appear, select “Apps & Games”
- Then press Download / OK / Install
- Wait for the Downloader app to install
- Then select OPEN
- Now, in the Downloader app, Enter “http://bit.ly/kodi173arm” (don’t input the quotes, though).
- Choose DOWNLOAD
- Now wait for Kodi to download.
- Select “Open File“ if the Downloader app doesn’t open the file for you automatically.
- Select “Install“.
- Wait for Kodi to finish the install process.
- Then select “Open App” to start Kodi
- Finally, install TVAddons and secure your Kodi streams (use our Coupon Code FIRETV25 for %60 off a 1 Year VPN) after you update Kodi on FireStick.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to do Step #18 Above. Here’s why:
Why is Step #18 important? Step #18 sets up Kodi 17.1 TV Addons on your device and secures your streams by using automated encryption. Use my Kodi VPN YouTube video to install the VPN on your router, on your FireStick, Android, Windows PC, Mac, iPhone, or any device.
- If you get a “Cannot download OBB“ error after you install Kodi 17.1, then re-launch Kodi. Do this until the error goes away. Many users report that they need to re-launch Kodi up to 5 times for the OBB error to go away.
- If you’re still using Kodi 16.1 Jarvis, then you need to upgrade to Kodi 17.1 Krypton. This is true because TV Addons updated their Sources to use HTTPS encryption (stream security). So Kodi Jarvis will no longer play most TV Addons, and will give you a “check log for details” or other Kodi not working error. Basically, use the steps above to update to Kodi 17.1 so you can play the (newly-enabled) HTTPS streams!
KODI 17.1 POST-INSTALL VIDEO TUTORIAL
Check out the video below to see what to do after you install Kodi 17.1 FireStick. These steps work for Amazon FireTV, Android TV Boxes, and any other device with Kodi installed. Why? This is so because Kodi works just the same on all platforms. Therefore, Kodi is cross-platform (and open-source!).