Firestick frozen? Unfreeze Firestick now with this guide! After you unfreeze your Firestick, go ahead and Jailbreak Firestick for all the best apps.
Amazon Firestick is a popular device to watch movies, TV shows, Sports and other kinds of entertainment on your smart TV. Its excellent price, long-lasting build materials, and higher usability make it a perfect device to use.
3 Ways to Unfreeze Firestick:
Firestick, after all, is a piece of technology, and technology is never flawless. That is why sometimes either due to the app running burden or various other facts, your Firestick freezes and stops working. Now, there is plenty of options to fix this issue. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (188.8.131.52).
1. Unplug Firestick for a while:
Sometimes watching TV for longer periods of time and the background apps cause your Firestick to freeze and stop working. One thing you can do to restart your Firestick is by unplugging Firestick for a while.
Tip: This is known as a “power-cycle” – when you unplug the device to force the power off and on again.
- Unplug your TV and Firestick device and wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug it again to start using. Enjoy!
But if you hate walking to the circuit board again to do this, we have another method for you.
2. Restart with remote:
Firestick remote is an all-in-one accessory. If your Firestick is stuck or frozen, just follow these steps.
- Grab your Firestick remote, hold down the Select button and the play/pause button at the same time.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds until you see your device powering off and restarting.
That was simple, wasn’t it? But what if you don’t have a Firestick remote? Well, follow the guide below then.
3. Restart from the settings:
You can also restart your Frozen Firestick device from your settings. This feature is mostly useful for the people who use their mobile phone in place of their remote to control Firestick. Here are the steps:
- From your Firestick home screen, go to settings > device > restart.
- Firestick will automatically restart within a couple of seconds.
So, these were some easy ways that you can follow to restart your Firestick device whenever it’s frozen or stuck. But remember, always put so much load on your Firestick that it can bear.