Some researchers at Delft University of Technology combined two interesting technologies: File sharing and blockchain. This hybrid creation is termed Tribler. Check out Tribler yourself (and download it) at tribler.org.
NOTE: This does not mean you shouldn’t still use a VPN with Tribler. You should always use a VPN when streaming content, torrenting, or even daily browsing. Tribler will add to your existing security layer provided by your VPN.
Why did Delft University of Technology’s researchers create Tribler?
Tribler provides some features that standard Torrenting does not: increased anonymity.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (184.108.40.206).
In fact, Tribler’s tag line says that its users are able to download & torrent with “less worries or censorship”.
How does Tribler work?
The Tribler protocol utilizes standard bittorrent technology + some blockchain concepts (the same tech behind Bitcoin) to achieve a higher level of anonymity than standard torrenting.
Here are some screenshots from the Tribler website, showing how Tribler works:
How many people have downloaded Tribler?
Over 1,000,000 (that’s 1 million)
How old is Tribler?
Tribler is over 9 years old. It was launched in 2006.
How to Download & Install Tribler
- On your Windows, Mac, or Linux PC, go to Tribler.org in your browser.
- Then click Download
- Now launch the downloaded Tribler-installer file (just click on it)
- If your computer asks if you’re “sure” you would like to allow this app to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- Then you will see the Tribler installer window (with the “license agreement”). Click “I accept”, then “Next” if you agree.
- Now, if you’re an advanced user and you know what the next screen means, you can select some options. But if you’re not an advanced user, just click “Next”.
- Finally, click “Next” when the Tribler installer asks about the Install Location.
- Wait for Tribler to install on your Windows / Mac / Linux PC or laptop.
- Click “Finish” to complete the Tribler install process.
- Click the “Start” button on your PC.
- Then type in “tribler” to search your PC for Tribler.
- In the search results, select Tribler to launch Tribler!
- When Tribler starts up, it will start to “Discover content”:
- You’ll then see Tribler’s main window “populated” with content:
- Now click on any “Channel” that looks interesting, such as “HD Movies” (like in this screenshot):
- At this point, you’ll see a Preview of some of the items in whatever category you clicked. I clicked HD Movies, so here’s what I saw:
- Now, you can click the “Download” button next to an item to begin a download. NOTE: We only recommend you download Public Domain movies (such as Night of the Living Dead). If you do choose to download movies, we recommend you use a VPN.
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.