TaQ 18, a Looking Glass Community Build, weighs in as a lightweight contender of note. Do not let its miniature size fool you, though. Under the hood, the massively optimized engine roars. The TaQ 18 build has a wonderfully minimalist interface along with a huge selection of working Kodi addons. The latest nightly builds of Kodi 18 seem stable, so choosing a simple build built specifically for Leia makes sense. Coming hot on the heels of the TeverZ Ultra Build, this may end up your favorite Kodi 18 Leia optimized build.
It’s easy to see why KFire TV placed the TaQ build on our Best Kodi Builds page. With this tiny, yet powerful build, early adapters of Kodi 18 Leia on the Firestick and other small memory devices can finally find happiness. Check out our Kodi 18 Builds page for more specific info on working Kodi 18 Leia builds, so you remain ready as Kodi 18 rolls out. The Kodi 18 builds page contains only builds that seem to currently work wonderfully with Kodi 18 Leia.
Prerequisites to Installing the TaQ 18 Builds through Looking Glass
Before installing the TaQ 18 build, you must complete a few necessities. You may already have them done, so just quickly check this list off. None of these requirements consumes much time with proper guidance.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Kodi Installed and Updated
Obviously, no matter what device you plan to use it on, you need Kodi installed first and foremost. Follow our Kodi 17.6 Install/Update page, so you learn the easiest ways to install and fully update Kodi.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Enable Unknown Sources in Kodi 18 Leia
Since the release of Kodi 17 Krypton, Kodi requires Unknown Sources enabled prior to installing third-party addons. The rich world of third-party Kodi TV addons, wizards, builds, and even repositories, remains out of reach until completing this step. Follow our simple tutorial on how to enable Unknown Sources to get this taken care of if still needed. The guide uses Kodi 17 Krypton for the examples, but all steps remain the same for Kodi 18 Leia.
How to Install the Looking Glass Wizard
If you desire Kodi 18 builds, then your best bet is the Looking Glass Wizard. The Looking Glass community holds the largest collection of Kodi 18 Leia builds anywhere at this time. Once you install the Looking Glass Wizard, then you have easy access to all of them. The process for installing each remains the same as that which we walk you through right here for TaQ 18.
How to Install the TaQ 18 Build for Kodi 18 Leia
With all your Kodi system requires to install the Kodi 18 TaQ build, then let’s get it done. While this installation guide focuses on the Kodi 18 Leia version of the TaQ build, the process essentially remains the same in Kodi 17 Krypton. The differences will be quite obvious while following along if you remain with Kodi 17 Krypton at this time, so don’t worry. If you have any questions about Looking Glass, TaQ 18, Kodi, or even your Firestick, then feel free to ask. We’ll help if we can.
TaQ 18 Build Installation Steps
- If not already open, then start the Looking Glass Wizard.
- Then, enter Community Builds.
- You’ll see all the available builds from the Looking Glass community, so choose the TaQ 18 Build.
- If installing the TaQ 18 Build onto a new Kodi installation, then do a Standard Install. A Fresh Install wipes Kodi clean before installation, so isn’t necessary unless installing over another build or collection of addons.
- The Looking Glass Wizard now asks for confirmation of your intent, so accept that you know what you want.
- The TaQ 18 Build starts downloading, which currently moves 191.36 MB (at this time) of data to your Firestick.
- During installation of the TaQ 18 Build, the downloaded 191.36 MB becomes 278.89 MB, so still quite tiny and no problem for the Firestick.
- Once the TaQ 18 Build finishes installing, then force quit. This gives the TaQ 18 Build its best chance to cleanly and fully replace the Kodi interface.
- When you next start Kodi, you find the TaQ 18 Build has successfully installed. Allow it a few moments on first running it to fully initialize and update itself.
- I’m not about to second-guess or speak for a wizard. If you get this dialog, you’re on your own. lol! I will let you know that I chose No and the heavens did not strike me down; nor did the TaQ 18 build break.
- Only access the third-party TV addons contained in the TaQ 18 build with the best Kodi VPN available. This ensures your new install works as intended while guaranteeing you remain anonymous and your data remains safe.
- 1 Remain Vigilant
- 2 Prerequisites to Installing the TaQ 18 Builds through Looking Glass
- 3 How to Install the TaQ 18 Build for Kodi 18 Leia
- 4 Remote Simplicit
- 5 Support and Beyond