Looking for the best ways to stream 2016 Olympics for free? You’ve come to the right place, my friend. If you don’t have cable TV, don’t worry! You still have several ways to stream the 2016 Olympic games for free (or next to free). We have great Tutorial Videos on our YouTube channel to show you how to watch the 2016 Olympic games.
Editor’s Shortcut: Channel PEAR (which is a KODI addon) is verified to have BBC ONE which is currently streaming 2016 Olympics LIVE. To get Kodi and Channel PEAR so you can stream 2016 Olympics live, now follow our guide to Install Kodi (VIDEO) and Install TVAddons (VIDEO) such as Channel PEAR.
Here’s How to Stream 2016 Olympics Online (VIDEO Below):
- For those of us who have cable TV or access to a cable-subscribers account username and password, stream 2016 Olympics on:
- For those of us who don’t have cable TV, we have several options for streaming these fine, fine Summer Olympic games: (Click an item below to jump to that section of this article)
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (22.214.171.124) now.
Let the list begin:
1. Use NBCOlympics.com or NBC’s app (Free on Android & iOS).
This option is kind of a bummer because it requires that you login using someone’s cable account username and password. So if you can borrow the username and password to a US cable account from a friend or loved one, this is the easiest way for US residents to watch the 2016 Olympics.
Pros: If you’re able to get a username and password for a cable account, you’ll be able to watch the Olympics on virtually any device.
Cons: If you can’t get someone’s username and password to their cable TV account, you must use another method on this list.
2. Use another country’s free live stream of the 2016 Olympics!
This is the 2nd-easiest, the quickest, and the most-universal way to stream 2016 Olympics. Yes, many other countries (non-U.S. countries) are streaming the 2016 Olympics for free.
The catch: However, NBC has a tight lid on who can stream the Olympic games, so you’ll have to use a VPN to unblock the free 2016 Olympic streams that are being broadcast by other countries.
The solution: With a VPN (around $5 for 1 month), your Internet traffic is securely re-routed through another country’s secure VPN tunnel to bypass location restrictions, and stream the 2016 Rio games like you’re actually there in-person.
Editor’s Tip: Stream 2016 Olympics for free (after you use the VPN app we recommend) using these foreign countries’ free 2016 Olympics streaming apps:
- BBC Sport app (iOS, Android)
- CBC Rio 2016 app (iOS, Android)
The VPN service we recommend (IPVanish) to unblock these 2016 Olympics streaming apps & live streams from foreign countries is inexpensive (starts at $4.87/mo with our 60% off coupon). So, unless if you use this VPN solution to work around foreign countries’ geo-restrictions, US residents are blocked from viewing other countries’ live Olympics streams, and you’ll have to use one of the other methods in this list.
Fortunately, the work-around is simple: Use the VPN we recommend to tunnel (or “re-route”) your Internet traffic through a secure VPN server in the same country as the stream you’re trying to watch – thereby eliminating the “geoblocking” restriction and allowing you to watch the 2016 Rio Olympics for (almost) free! Start streaming the Olympics before it’s too late! Don’t forget to save big with our 60% off coupon ;).
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Editor’s Tip: These are the countries that are streaming the 2016 Olympics for free:
- United Kingdom – BBC (British Broadcasting Channel)
- Canada – CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Channel)
- Australia – The Seven Network
- China – CCTV (China TV)
- Germany – ARD, ZDF
- Austria – ORF
- Ireland – RTE
- Spain – RTVE
- MANY, MANY countries – see the full, current list on Wikipedia.
US viewers: If you speak English and live in the U.S. (for time-zone purposes), you should stick with BBC (England) and CBC (Canada). These two networks also typically stream more sports in general than their U.S. counterparts.
3. Use KODI to stream the 2016 Olympics.
Kodi’s TVAddons are chock full of live streams – especially streams from major sporting events, such as the Olympics. So if you look in any Kodi Live TV Addon for Olympics 2016, you’re bound to see some great live streams.
- Quick Tip (Shortcut): Install & launch the TV Addon “Channel PEAR“, then in Channel PEAR go to All Channels, then you’ll see BBC One. This is your direct shortcut to watch the 2016 Summer games in Kodi! We got the screenshot above from this method, so enjoy :)
- Update #1: We have confirmed that UK Turk’s Playlist is streaming the 2016 Olympic games.
- Update #2: We have confirmed that the UK TV Again addon for Kodi is currently streaming the 2016 Olympic games (We’re watching BBC ONE on UK TV Again TV Addon).
Pros: If you already have Kodi installed, this option should be the best way to stream the 2016 Olympic online.
Cons: If you don’t have Kodi installed, it takes a few minutes to install.
Kodi TV Addons for Streaming the 2016 Olympics:
* TVAddons in BLUE have been verified to currently be streaming 2016 Olympics
- Castaway (Find this TV Addon in the natko1412 repo)
- Castaway is a great addons which scrapes modern popular streaming sites.
- SportsDevil (Find this TV Addon in the Unofficial SportsDevil Repository)
- SportsDevil is the best TV addon for sports, period. You can be guaranteed the 2016 Olympic games will be streaming on SportsDevil. UK users who are blocked from SportsDevil should use a VPN to bypass the blocking.
- UK Turk Playlists (Find this TV Addon in the MetalKettles Addon Repository)
- This is a list maintained by a dude who provides a quality list of streaming links, including the 2016 Rio Olympic games.
- UKTV Again (Find this TV Addon in the MetalKettles Addon Repository)
- This TV addon is focused on providing International channels. This is perfect for streaming 2016 Olympics since many countries are broadcasting the Olympic games for free.
- Use UK TV Again to stream BBC One or other channels showing the 2016 Olympic games.
- USTVnow Plus (Find this TV Addon in the TVADDONS.ag Addon Repository)
- This TV addon is totally legit – you just have to get an account.
- VidTime (Find this TV Addon in the VinmanJSV JSV Repo)
- VidTime uses a constantly-revolving set of playlists that are updated to deliver the best content to you.
- ZemTV.com (Find this TV Addon in the Shanis Addon Repository)
- International channels are everywhere on ZemTV, so it should be great for finding the 2016 Rio games.
- Navi-X (Find this TV Addon in the TVADDONS.ag Addon Repository)
- Navi-X is one of the “eldest” of Kodi addons – and provides a HUGE variety of streaming content.
- cCloud TV (Find this TV Addon in the Podgod Repository)
- Users submit content to power cCloud TV. Check it out!
- Channel PEAR (Find this TV Addon in the Podgod Repo)
- This is yet another site with user-submitted content. Perfect for streaming 2016 Olympics.
- We have VERIFIED that the 2016 Olympics are on Channel PEAR.
- FilmOn.TV (Find this TV Addon in the Kinkins Repo)
- This online streaming TV site has quite a new way of doing things – they just pile tons of streaming content onto their site, so check this TV addon out for sure.
- NBC Sports Live Extra (Find this TV Addon in the Kodi Add-on Repository)
- US residents and VPN users can use the NBC Sports Live Extra TV Addon to legally watch the 2016 Olympic games. This service is totally legit and is supported by NBC, so you can expect it to be dependable. In Kodi, go to “Get more…” to find this TV Addon, since it’s in the official Kodi Add-On Repository.
- Phoenix (Find this TV Addon in the TvAddons.ag Add-on Repository)
- Phoenix is one of the best TV addons in general. It’s got great lists of user-submitted content. Check Phoenix TV Addon for 2016 Olympics coverage.
Stream 2016 Olympics on Kodi Screenshots:
4. Over-The-Air (time delay) (Free).
Another way to watch the Olympics for free is to use an [easyazon_link identifier=”B00BN5Z2WM” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Over-the-Air (OTA) antenna (“HD antenna”)[/easyazon_link] attached to your TV. These run $20+ and give you HD local channels, of which one should be broadcasting the live 2016 Olympic games.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
Pros: There’s a delay in the live coverage.
Cons: It’s free (if you have an HD Antenna)!
5. Use Sling TV (Free) to watch the 2016 Rio Olympics.
You can use a free 7-day trial of [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ODC5N80″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Sling TV[/easyazon_link] (which temporarily includes NBC) to watch the Olympic games. If you do this, be certain to choose the BLUE tier service package so you get [easyazon_link identifier=”B00IC7QYGM” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]NBC[/easyazon_link]. Sling TV works on most devices ([easyazon_link identifier=”B002C744K6″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Macs[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”B015XK22H0″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Windows PCs[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”B01IM6TSB0″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Apple TVs[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”B00XNQECFM” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Amazon Fire TVs[/easyazon_link] & [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ZVJAF9G” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Firesticks[/easyazon_link], Roku boxes, Google Chromecast, Android set top boxes, [easyazon_link identifier=”B00G2TK76A” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]iOS devices[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”B015K3APWO” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Android devices[/easyazon_link] in general, [easyazon_link identifier=”B00TSUGXKE” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Amazon Fire tablets[/easyazon_link], and even [easyazon_link identifier=”B019TYEXC8″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Xbox One[/easyazon_link].)
Editor’s Tip:: The combo of the [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ODC5N80″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Sling TV[/easyazon_link] trial (1 week) and the [easyazon_link identifier=”B015TN9OQI” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Playstation Vue[/easyazon_link] trial (1 week) will be enough time for you to watch ALL two weeks of the Olympic games. Once the Sling TV trial is over, get the Playstation Vue trial for the 2nd week. Worried you might forget to cancel your membership? Use a prepaid Visa gift card (even $1.00 will work).
Pros: Sling TV has a free 7-day trial!
6. Stream the 2016 Olympics using PlayStation Vue Trial Subscription
[easyazon_link identifier=”B015TN9OQI” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]PlayStation Vue[/easyazon_link] offers a free 7-day trial and is compatible with iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, [easyazon_link identifier=”B01DA0YCNC” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Roku[/easyazon_link], and Google Chromecast. All that’s required is a free Playstation Network account to access Playstation Vue to stream the 2016 Olympics. Make sure you select the lowest Playstation Vue service package to make sure you get the proper access to the [easyazon_link identifier=”B00IC7QYGM” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]NBC[/easyazon_link] channels that are showing the Olympics. Worried you might forget to cancel your membership? Use a prepaid Visa gift card (even $1.00 will work).
Editor’s Tip:: The combo of the [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ODC5N80″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Sling TV[/easyazon_link] trial (1 week) and the [easyazon_link identifier=”B015TN9OQI” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Playstation Vue[/easyazon_link] trial (1 week) will be enough time for you to watch ALL two weeks of the Olympic games.
Pros: Playstation Vue has a free 7-day trial!
2016 Olympic Games Streaming Guide Summary:
Enjoy streaming 2016 Olympic games with the methods above! On the off chance that none of those work for you, just go to a Sports bar and catch the 2016 Olympic games with a nice cold beverage.
Questions? Ask in the comments!