Here’s a list of Smart TVs that Run Android OS. The most useful application for Android Smart TVs is that you can install Kodi on Android Smart TVs (video tutorial) easily – it’s a matter of finding Kodi in the Google Play Store on your Android Smart TV. In contrast, to install Kodi on a non-Android Smart TV means adding an external device. So if you have an Android Smart TV in the list below, install Kodi on it. If your TV is not in the list below, just add an inexpensive Android TV box to your Smart TV to make it Kodi-smart.
Smart TVs That Run Android OS
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01A5LU5E4″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Sony Bravia Smart TVs[/easyazon_link] Smart TVs run Android OS, such as the XBR Z9D series, XBR X930D / X940D series, XBR X850D series, XBR X800D series, XBR X750D / X700D series, XBR X830C series, W850C series, X810C series, XBR X850C series, XBR X910C series / X900C series. For a list of the individual best Sony Android TVs (models & prices), scroll down to the bottom of this page. Or check out the official Android website’s list of Sony Bravia Android TVs here.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00W5X1P5Y” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Sharp Smart TVs[/easyazon_link] run Android operating system
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00JP8ZTAE” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Philips Smart TVs[/easyazon_link] is smart enough to put Android OS in their TVs
Smart TVs Do Not Run Android
- LG Smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Vizio Smart TVs
- Panasonic Smart TVs
Here’s an easy visual breakdown:
|TVs That Run Android OS||TVs That Do Not Run Android OS|
|Sony Bravia Smart TVs||LG Smart TVs|
|Sharp Smart TVs||Samsung Smart TVs|
|Philips Smart TVs||Vizio Smart TVs|
|Hisense Smart TVs||Panasonic Smart TVs|
What Do You Need To Know About Smart TVs?
Maybe the world of Smart TV is a little overwhelming for you. Fear not! Here’s some of the key information you need to know to get started.
What Operating System Does My Smart TV Have?
- LG uses webOS as its Smart TV operating system.
- Samsung TVs use Tizen OS
- Panasonic televisions use Firefox OS
- Sony TVs generally run Android OS. Sony Bravia TVs are our top pick of TVs that run Android.
Why Do LG, Samsung, and Panasonic TVs Not Use Android OS?
With Apple having such as huge following, most Smart TV manufacturers are apprehensive to potentially “alienate” half of their audience (known as iOS users) by adding their line of TVs to the list of TVs that run Android OS. So, they go with a “third party”, “non-denominational” OS that ends up being less than good. Sony, Sharp, and Philips have the right idea by putting the strong, scalable Android operating system in their Smart TVs in 2016, 2017, and the years following.
Sony Android TV Details
- Sony Smart TVs boast an impressive 16GB of minimum storage space. This is pretty nifty as far as 2019 storage space numbers go.
- Control your Sony SmartTV using your smartphone with the SideView app for Android devices
- Stream video & photos to your Sony Android TV using Google Cast for Android, or AirBuddy for iOS
Smart TV Gaming
For casual gaming, keep an eye out on devices emerging from companies like Razer and Logitech. Their wireless controllers and Smart TV-friendly input devices are sure to bring gaming to your Smart TV without the need for an expensive Playstation VR or Xbox console.
Best Sony Android TVs
- Budget-minded TV lovers will want to check out the [easyazon_link identifier=”B01A5LU5E4″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Sony KD-65X8505C[/easyazon_link] 65-inch Smart TV that has 4K UHD capabilitiesThe Sony KD-65XD9305 is a 65-inch SmartTV everyone seems to love
- Sony’s KD-55XD9305 55 inch Smart TV screen has 4K HDR video rendering features
- KD-65S8505C is the 65″ curved-screen 4K TV you’ve always dreamed of
- For an inexpensive Sony Android TV, check out the Sony KD-49X8307C
Did we miss something in our list of TVs that run Android? Let us know in the comments below or on our YouTube Channel!