Looking for something spooky to watch? Currently, Shudder has one of the most abundant collections of premium streaming content for lovers of horror, thrillers, and suspense. This is the first and best streaming service dedicated entirely to fans of blood, guts, ghosts, monsters, and mayhem. Best of all, Shudder TV on Firestick is easily accessible. If you’re looking for a binge-worthy fright night of scary streaming, then this article is for you.
If you’ve never heard of Shudder, don’t worry too much about feeling out of the loop. You’ve definitely heard of of its parent and sibling groups. Shudder TV on Firestick is another product from the popular AMC Network, the same media company in charge of cable TV networks like IFC, AMC, Sundance TV, and We TV. If you’re looking for horror street cred, AMC is the company that produces the epic zombie series, The Walking Dead.
Why you Should Install Shudder TV on Firestick
Not sure if Shudder TV on Firestick is right for you? For sure, there are spooky movies to be found on other platforms, but there are tons of great features that make Shudder TV on Firestick stand out from the crowd. Here are a few of our favorite things about Shudder TV that we think should be enough to make any gore-hound rejoice.
- A Huge Collection of the Best Horror Movies
There are buckets of blood waiting for you with Shudder TV on Firestick. There are tons of horrors, thrillers, and suspense movies that will bring out gasps, screams, and shudders from you, and they are updated every week. With your subscription, you are on the go with hundreds of hours of content.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
- Zero Ads
Horror is all about atmosphere, and the last thing you want is a bunch of ads (like you’d get on streaming services like Hulu) butting in and killing your mood. Once you subscribe to Shudder TV on Firestick’s streaming content, you will avoid the specter of annoying commercials that interrupt your scary movies and TV shows.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Continuous Play
It’s easy to get started with watching Shudder TV on Firestick, but there’s no reason you should feel limited to one streaming device. With this feature, you can easily switch between devices midstream, without worrying about losing your place or watch history.
- Pick Your Poison
On Shudder TV on Firestick or Roku, viewers get to have a say in which movies get added to Shudder TV’s already massive library of scares. Users can suggest the title they want for the movies by filling out and submitting a form. With any luck, you’ll see your favorite films added to Shudder TV on Firestick.
- Navigating Between Devices with Chrome Cast
Don’t have a Fire TV that allows you to watch Shudder TV on Firestick? If you have your Chrome Cast on the same WiFi network as your iOS or Android mobile device on your desktop, you can cast Shudder TV content onto your TV. The only restriction is that the cast needs to come from the Shudder website (just like the call is coming from inside the house).
- Free Trial
Shudder TV on Firestick also offers new subscribers a free 7-day trial to mesmerize them with their mind-blowing content before they commit to a full subscription. You have the option to cancel before the last day if you don’t like the service, so there’s nothing to lose by giving it a shot.
Protip: Set a reminder in your phone to help you remember to cancel Shudder TV on Firestick.
How to Install Shudder TV on Firestick
If you want to install the hair raising app for Shudder TV on Firestick, you should follow the step by step instructions laid out below:
- Power on your Firestick device
- Proceed to the Home screen
- On the Home screen, select the Search button, and type the word “Shudder” on the blank space in the search box
- Typing the name into the search field will bring up a list of Shudder choices. Select the first one which would be the Shudder Horror App. This takes you to a new window/screen
- Select the Shudder TV App under the Apps & Games section. It should have the Shudder logo
- Once you make the selection, you should click on Get to download and install the app to your Firestick device.
- After the installation, you can either Open the Shudder App directly or do it from the Home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote
- Then select the Apps widget displayed on your home screen
- Hover over the Shudder App and select the Move option to place the Shudder TV app wherever you prefer to have it
- You can now launch your Shudder TV on Firestick app. After you’ve completed these steps either enter the Free Trial mode or select Log In if you already have an account
How to Install Shudder TV on Roku
We’ve talked a lot about Firestick so far, but we don’t want you to feel left out if you happen to use another type of streaming device. If you have a Roku device instead, you should follow the instructions below on how to install Shudder TV on Roku.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
- Launch your Roku device
- On the Home screen, select the search button
- In the blank space in the search field, type “Shudder” into the search bar. This brings up a selection of results relating to Shudder in the search
- You should click and select the first Shudder option which ought to be the Shudder TV on Roku app. This will take you to another window that displays the Shudder app
- Then, select and click the Add channel option that come up beside the app in this new window
- A message appears telling you that “Shudder has been added to the end of ‘Home’….” when this message appears, you should click OK
- Now you are done with the installation.
- Navigate back to your Home screen and look for the recently downloaded Shudder TV on Roku app amongst the list of channels
- Hover on the Shudder TV on Roku App and select the Move Channel button from the list of options. This will help you to relocate the Shudder TV on Roku app to whatever position you prefer on your Roku Home screen
- Click the OK button on your remote and place the Shudder TV on Roku app anywhere you prefer on the screen
- Launch the Shudder TV on Roku app, and you are now ready to stream hours of premium horror content.
Other Ways to Watch Shudder TV
Alternatively, you can access Shudder TV through any of the Silk or Puffin Browsers. Silk Browser is perfect for devices like your Firestick or Roku while the Puffin browser is good for Android TV devices.
To access Shudder TV on these browsers,
- Download the Silk browser app from your device’s app store
- Access the Shudder TV website from the Silk browser app and enjoy tons of spooky premium content.
Shudder TV and VPN
Shudder TV is not supported in all regions of the world, but there is good news: you can hide your traffic or switch regions online with the use of a VPN, allowing you to access content that may be restricted where you live. And Shudder TV works well with most VPNs.
Not many people know that VPNs are a great hack that allows you to get extra free content without ever having to jailbreak your Firestick or download 3rd party free streaming apps. You can get free, blocked content on paid streaming apps like Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and YouTube that is currently being kept from you!
Paid subscription streaming sites will block certain content depending on where you are. Downloading a VPN like IPVanish will allow you to trick streaming services into thinking that you’re streaming from different regions, thus unlocking region-blocked content! If you’re paying for a service, we think you should get everything that the service offers.
In fact, there are tons of great benefits of using a VPN that most people don’t know about. If this sounds like it would improve your streaming life (and it’s definitely improved ours), use our link to get our reader discount on the best, most reliable VPN available.
How to get IPVanish for Shudder TV on Firestick
- Using any device, search the IPVanish official website and create an account (use our link to get a discount for our readers)
- Now on your Firestick, go to the home screen
- Click and select on the search tab
- Type in IPVanish
- Select it from the search results
- Click on the IPVanish app icon
- Click on the Get button or the Download button
- Open the app and enter your credentials (username and password)
- Once logged in, select the country of your choice (the US or anywhere else), and use the best default for both city and server
- Click Connect
Shudder TV on Firestick Summary: Shudder Halloween Special
With Halloween creeping in swiftly, Shudder TV is preparing lots of specials for their ardent viewers and followers. These shows will be one-hour long and will feature two animated stories; one which will be a survivor based story, while the other will be a thrilling story from the dead.
Now is the perfect time to start streaming Shudder TV on Firestick! Let us know in the comments what your favorite Shudder TV fright film is!
Table of Contents