This Showbox Chromecast guide shows you how to cast or “stream” movies from Show Box to Chromecast.
What is Show Box?
ShowBox is a streaming movie & TV app similar to Kodi. In fact, it’s one of the best Kodi alternatives around. Since Show Box is an alternative to Kodi, we recommend you take the same precautions as when you use Kodi: make sure you protect your streams with a VPN.
Differences Between Kodi and ShowBox
Kodi is an extremely “wide-open” environment for which programmers make all kinds of plugins. In contrast, ShowBox is kind of like “just 1 good Kodi plugin” such as Exodus. This means that Showbox can sometimes be “more reliable” than Kodi. Also, ShowBox is focused on smartphones. So we enjoy some added benefits of that, such as the ability to stream movies from ShowBox to TV with a Chromecast (step-by-step instructions below)!
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (184.108.40.206).
How to Use ShowBox
ShowBox has a very user-friendly app interface. Using Show Box is similar to using Kodi.
To watch movies in ShowBox:
- Launch the ShowBox app
- Select a movie. Press Play (if necessary – many movies will AutoPlay!)
- Set up Showbox Chromecast (directions below) so you can cast movies from your phone to your TV
How to Set Up Showbox Chromecast Casting
- Go to your Android phone’s Settings menu and turn on Apps From Unknown Sources
- Download the Show Box APK file here
- Launch the downloaded file, then press INSTALL
- After Show Box installs on your Android phone, launch Google Play Store
- In Google Play, search for “LocalCast“
- Using the search results, select LocalCast, then press INSTALL.
- After LocalCast installs, launch Show Box.
- In ShowBox, select a movie / TV show / video to watch
- Then press the “More Options” button
- Now change the Video Player to “Other Player”
- Then play the video, and finally select “Open with LocalCast”
- For the last step, select your Chromecast.
- Enjoy your movie and make sure to protect your streams with a VPN so your ISP doesn’t restrict your streaming bandwidth!