This tutorial shows you the Raspberry Pi Zero Kodi install process.
The written steps below and YouTube tutorial video on this page show you hot to install Kodi on Raspberry Pi Zero and how to install Zero Tolerance Build on Raspberry Pi Zero.
If you’re into Raspberry Pi, check out these other tutorials I made:
- How to Install Kodi on Raspberry Pi 3 + Config Wizard & TVAddons, including setting up the Micro SD card.
- Raspberry Pi Overheating: 3 Tips to Cool Down Your Pi including links to USB fan & other RPi resources
- Set up a Raspberry Pi VPN using my VPN tutorial videos to secure all data received and send by your Raspberry Pi Kodi installation.
Raspberry Pi Zero Kodi Kit: Cheapest Kodi Player.. Ever?
Raspberry Pi Zero is a mini-PC that costs $5 (for the non-WiFi/Bluetooth model) or $10 for the Wireless version (Raspberry Pi Zero W).
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (188.8.131.52) now.
Shipping is typically around $10 (from a well-known RPi seller like Canakit.com. Expect to pay around $20 for accessories needed to hook up RPi 0, such as HDMI cable, mini HDMI to HDMI adapter, and Micro SD card (we recommend 4GB or more for Kodi).
This brings the total cost down to around $50 USD, which is close to FireStick, but not cheaper.
Raspberry Pi zero is more “hackable” than FireStick. So if you’re the hacker type then get the Raspberry Pi zero and put Kodi on it + Zero Tolerance build.
Either way, you can install Zero Tolerance build on Raspberry Pi Zero or Amazon FireStick using these steps:
Raspberry Pi Zero Tolerance Build Install
- Launch Kodi
- Go to SYSTEM. This is the Gear icon in Kodi 17 Krypton, which is in the top left corner.
- Then select System Settings.
- Now choose “Add-Ons” from the menu on the left.
- Then turn ON the “Unknown Sources” toggle button.
- Then press “Yes“.
- Go back one level by pressing Esc on your keyboard (or press “back” on Fire TV Remote, for FireStick users)
- Then select File Manager.
- Now choose “Add Source“.
- Select “None” and enter the path http://kryptikz.com/repo/teamzt
- Then select OK.
- Now choose the box that says “Enter a name for this media source”. Enter a name such as “kfiretv zero” and press OK.
- Then select OK once more to finish adding the new Kodi source.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen.
- Then select “Add-Ons“.
- Now press the Package icon in the top left corner (this is the Kodi 17.1 Package Installer).
- Then select “Install From Zip File”
- Now choose the new source you added, “kfiretv zero”.
- Then select the file plugin.program.ztwizard-1.0.1.zip
- Wait for the ZT Wizard to install (aka “Zero Tolerance Wizard”). Kodi will display “Team ZT Add-on Enabled” in the top right corner once the Team ZT Wizard is done installing.
- The Team ZT Wizard screen should appear automatically. If it doesn’t, launch it manually by going to the Kodi home screen, then select Program Add-Ons, then select Team ZT Wizard.
- After the Team ZT Wizard is open, Select “Dismiss” or “Remind Me Later”
- Now press Continue to accept the default values.
- Then select Build Menu or “Team ZT Builds”, then “Team ZT Lite Edition Krypton”
- Now choose “Krypton Builds”. Then select “Krypton Builds” once more, then select the “17.1 Krypton” Zero Tolerance Build menu item to install on your device.
Here’s my tutorial video that shows you how to install Raspberry Pi Zero Kodi app:
The Raspberry Pi Zero Kodi install process worked well for me. If you have trouble with it, ask us on the KFireTV YouTube channel!
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .