This guide shows you how to eliminate Raspberry Pi overheating.
We show you these RPi cooling techniques with the multi-step process below, starting with the most impactful heat-fix first:
How to Fix Raspberry Pi Overheating
- Install a fan in or on your Raspberry Pi’s case. These can be bought for $5 to $10 online (click here to see it on Amazon). Then simply plug the connectors hanging off of the fan onto your Raspberry Pi’s GPIO pins (it’s easy!).
- Or, if you don’t want to mess with installing a fan onto your Raspberry Pi’s case, then just get a $10 USB-powered fan from Amazon (link) and set it next to your RPi and plug it in. Make sure it’s pointed directly at your RaspberryPi. This accomplishes the same effect as #1 above.
- Also, add heatsinks to your Raspberry Pi for around $5 (here). Heatsinks reduce heat a little bit, but not nearly as much as active cooling does (which is the technical term for a mechanical fan, in #1 above)
+2 Bonus Tips to Reduce RPi Over Heating
- Don’t overclock your Raspberry Pi. If you’re overclocking your RPi and it’s overheating, then the overclocking is a significant factor. So consider how hard the CPU and GPU processor are working on your Raspberry Pi 3. It may be working harder than it needs to work!
- Make sure you put your Raspberry Pi in a case that allows for lots and lots of airflow. If your case doesn’t have several small holes or a few big holes to allow proper airflow, then drill some holes in the case yourself. Get a nice case from Amazon for around $12 (link).
Raspberry Pi Overclocking
You can overclock your Raspberry Pi from within certain operating systems like Recalbox.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (18.104.22.168).
Here’s how to overclock Raspberry Pi 3:
- In RecalBox emulator system, open the Menu.
- Then go to System, then Overclock your Raspberry Pi 3 to 1600MHz.
How to Install Kodi and other OSes on Raspberry Pi 3
Use our handy-dandy Raspberry Pi Kodi install video tutorial or written guide to install Kodi on Raspberry Pi.
Or install RetroPie in Raspberry Pi 3 to play classic games
RecalBox for Raspberry Pi 3 is the alternative to RetroPie, but it’s just as good for Emulators and ROMs.
How to Install RetroPie or RecalBox on Raspberry Pi
You can install both RetroPie and RecalBox using PINN for RasPi. Download PINN directly from Github for free by clicking here. Simply extract the contents of the PINN zip file to a clean FAT32-formatted Micro SD card. Then insert the Micro SD card into your Rpi, then the power cord.
After NOOBS or PINN boots up, click OK to get rid of the Network notification. Then select your WiFi network and enter your WiFi password.
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .