This complete tutorial shows you the Raspberry Pi 3 Kodi setup process step-by-step with written instructions and a full video tutorial.
Quick Download: Download NOOBS here (from Github) to install LibreELEC Kodi on Raspberry Pi quickly.
There are at least two ways to install Kodi on Raspberry Pi 3:
- LibreELEC is the most popular way to install Kodi on RPi3, because it’s easy to install and reliable. It also supports the R Pi’s onboard WiFi chip!
- OSMC is the secondary way to install Raspberry Pi 3 Kodi app.
Why Should I Use a VPN? We explain in layman’s terms.
Quick & Dirty Explanation of how to install Kodi on Raspberry Pi:
You can easily install LibreELEC on your Raspberry Pi by simply copying the contents of the free “NOOBS” zip file to a blank Micro SD card.
Here is the detailed tutorial on how to setup Kodi on Raspberry Pi 3 using NOOBS:
Raspberry Pi 3 Kodi Install (using NOOBS):
- Make sure your Raspberry Pi 3 is powered off. Then format a Micro SD card that’s at least 4GB.
- Download NOOBS from Github for free
- Now extract the contents of the NOOBS zip file to the formated Micro SD card
- Then, safely eject the Micro SD card
- Take the Micro SD card out of your PC and put it into your Raspberry Pi 3’s Micro SD card slot
- Plug the power cable (Micro USB) into your Raspberry Pi. Wait for the multi-colored splash screen.
- After the splash screen, you’ll see the NOOBS “initialization screen”, which loads NOOBS so you can install Kodi (LibreELEC).
- NOOBS should display a notice that says “Your WiFi is not connected”. Click OK to dismiss the notification.
- Then select your WiFi network and enter your WiFi password.
- Then click Continue.
- NOOBS will refresh the list of operating systems and now display LibreELEC, as well as several other operating systems.
- Check the checkbox next to LibreELEC. Then click Install in the top left corner of NOOBS.
- Wait for NOOBS to download and install LibreELEC. Don’t unplug or touch your Raspberry Pi 3 during this process!
- After NOOBS displays the “Download complete” notification, click “OK”.
- NOOBS will attempt to reboot into the Raspberry Pi 3 Kodi program. If the self-reboot doesn’t work, then manually reboot by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in.
- Once Raspberry Pi 3 reboots, let it boot up into LibreELEC (aka “Kodi for Raspberry Pi (3)”)
- After Raspberry Pi boots up into Kodi, install TV Addons and protect + unblock your Kodi streams with a Kodi VPN.
How to Install TV Addons in Kodi for Raspberry Pi 3
- Enable Apps from Unknown Sources in Kodi
- Press Yes to confirm the setting
- Go to SYSTEM (gear icon)
- Then go to File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Select the box that says
How to Protect & Unblock Kodi Streams with a Kodi VPN
- Sign up for Kodi VPN service and make sure to use my coupon code (use it with a 1 year VPN subscription to get 60% off).
- Get a $23 VPN-enabled router from Amazon and set it up with my VPN-router set video
- Connect your Kodi device to your newly-created VPN-Secure WiFi network and enjoy safe streaming that’s unblocked and private!