In this guide, we show you how to install an N64 Fire stick emulator on your Firestick so you can play (now “classic”) games like MarioKart64! Some N64 games are playable on Firestick, but most aren’t. Fortunately, Mario Kart 64 is one of the games we can play on Firestick.
All you need is ES File Explorer, an app available in the Amazon AppStore (for Free). We use ES File explorer to store our Emulator Install File (which is a .APK file) and our ROM file (which is a zip file).
The emulator we use for N64 is Mupen64plus AE. This was found by Googling “n64 emulator for android”.
The game file we use for Mario Kart 64 is Mario Kart 64 (U) .zip. This was found by Googling “mario cart 64 rom”.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
How to Play & Install Mario Kart 64 on N64 Fire Stick & Fire TV:
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Here’s the step-by-step guide to Install & Play Mario Kart 64 on N64 Fire Stick:
- Install ES File Explorer on your Firestick
- Add your cloud storage to ES File Explorer (we used Dropbox) under ES File Explorer’s Network menu. In ES File Explorer, you press Network, then +New. Then input your cloud storage username and password and hit Next to authenticate your cloud storage.
- Google “mupen64plus ae apk file” on a computer or smartphone, follow the search results until you download a mupen64plus .APK file. Once that’s downloaded to your computer or smartphone, put the .apk file in your Dropbox or other cloud storage.
- Download Mupen64Plus AE .apk file HERE
- Google “mario kart 64 rom”, follow the results until you download the MarioKart 64 ROM (.zip) file. Put the Mario kart 64 zip file (or other Nintendo 64 ROM) in your Dropbox.
- Download ROMs HERE
- In ES File Explorer, navigate into your newly added cloud storage under “Network” > Cloud, and you should see your .APK file (the file to install your emulator) and your .ZIP file (the ROM, or game file) sitting there ready to play. First, download the ROM (the .ZIP file labeled “Mario Kart”) from your Dropbox into your Firestick’s storage. Do this by selecting the .ZIP file in ES File Explorer and then clicking Copy, then navigate to the “Local” menu in ES File Explorer, then find the Downloads folder. Once you’re in the downloads folder, find the Paste button and click it.
- After the ROM file is copied from your Dropbox to your Firestick’s Download folder: in ES File Explorer, you need to open the .APK file (should have an icon of an Android dude), click Install.
- NOTICE: At this point, if you haven’t enabled Apps from Unknown Sources, you need to do that in the Firestick Settings menu before installing the emulator.
- Launch Mupen64 Plus AE after the install is complete and dismiss the Mupen64Plus greeting / info notification. Then Mupen64Plus AE gives you its main menu with the “Play” and “Game” options. Click Game, then navigate to your Downloads folder (where you put the ROM!), find the ROM you Pasted there (in our case, MarioKart64.v64), and select it. Then hit the PLAY button in Mupen64plus AE – your ROM should start!
- OPTIONAL – Connect a Bluetooth controller (OUYA controller for $40).
- RECOMMENDED – Use an IP-hiding service to download your ROMs, so prying eyes can’t see what you’re downloading.