I made this guide to show you 3 simple ways to fix the “Pair Error” you may get when using Kodi. Most people who use Kodi see the Kodi pair error when they attempt to stream content using particular addons in Kodi.
After you follow the steps below, you will never receive the Kodi pair error ever again (on your Amazon Firestick or ANY other Kodi device!
If you receive any of the following Kodi pair errors, then this guide is for you:
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (22.214.171.124).
- openload pair error or any other Kodi pair error messages
tvad.me/pair(no longer online)
This error (the pair error Kodi often gives us) happens when you attempt to play a Kodi stream that first needs you to “authorize” yourself before you start streaming. Don’t worry – it’s easy to fix: This is similar to (or sometimes the same as) a “Captcha” when you are browsing the web!
Use my 3 solutions below to fix Kodi pair issue once and for all.
To start off, in Method #1 below I walk you through the Real Debrid setup process for any version of Kodi.
- This gathers high quality streams in Kodi which will get rid of the pair error. After you setup Real Debrid for Kodi, you get many high quality Sources from which to stream movies & TV shows. And these sources DO NOT require authorization. Therefore, the first method (settings up Real Debrid) will solve your Kodi pairing issue.
For Method #2 (below), you simply disable the sources in Kodi which force you to authorize in order to watch those streams.
- Although Method #2 is a super simple way to fix the pair issue, it may not be the optimal solution. Why? Because the streams which require authorization often give us the best, highest quality Kodi streams. Therefore, disabling these sources may keep you from viewing movies and TV shows in the highest quality available.
That’s why I recommend you use Method #3 (below). The last solution (Method #3) in this tutorial shows you how to actually pair your device with the Sources which require pairing. Problem solved!
- The warning I have if you use the third method regards privacy. Why? Because in order to pair your device with a streaming content provider, you must give them your IP address. Therefore, if you’re concerned about privacy I recommend you get a VPN or use Method #2 or Method #1 instead of Method #3. Using a VPN should fix all your issues and keep your IP address hidden.
In the tutorial below, I show you how to fix the Kodi pair error by utilizing the Elysium Lite Kodi addon as our “guinea pig” addon. Although this method works for pretty much any and all Kodi addons.
Follow the step-by-step guide below (with screenshots) to fix the pair error in Kodi:
Method #1: Setup Real Debrid in Kodi to Fix Pair Error
This is my personal favorite way to get rid of the Pair Error in Kodi. To be honest, I always integrate Real Debrid with any streaming service I use.
What is Real Debrid?
Real Debrid is a subscription-based streaming service that runs about $4 dollars per month. But don’t worry! If you don’t want to pay money to fix the pair error, then use Methods #2 and #3 below (which are both free!).
For example, in addition to using Kodi I also use a Firestick / Android app called Cinema APK. The Cinema app is capable of integrating with Real Debrid, so I set up Real Debrid in the Cinema app as well as in Kodi. Therefore, I always get the best, highest quality stream sources whenever I go to stream movies or TV series with the Cinema app or with Kodi!
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
After you enable Real Debrid, you see that you no longer have any Kodi buffering problems – and definitely not the evil “pair error” you get in Kodi.
So use my simple guide below to setup Real Debrid in Kodi!
(Coming soon: How to Setup Kodi Real Debrid Integration)
Method #2: Remove Captcha Sources to Fix Pair Error in Kodi
Any experienced Kodi user knows the “Openload Stream Authorization” message that appears in Kodi. This pops up pretty much any time you go to watch a TV show or movie in Kodi.
The steps below use Kodi Elysium Lite addon as an example, but this method works on virtually any Kodi addon!
Once you follow the steps below, you will never again see the “olpair.com Stream Authorization Required” error message.
- Open Kodi
- Launch your favorite Kodi addon (in this guide, I use Elysium Lite as our guinea pig addon)
- Go down to the bottom of the menu and then select “Settings” (or it may be called “Tools” in some Kodi addons)
- Now select “Scraper Settings” (or “SETTINGS – Playback”).
- Then go down and select “Allow openload links” (or “Hosters with Captchas” option) to make sure this option is set to OFF.
- Then press the “OK” button
You’re done! Now, every movie or TV show you stream will skip past the Source that require authorization. This should completely get rid of the “olpair” Kodi error (along with similar pairing errors from other Sources).
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
The steps above fix the pairing issue in Kodi. Although many Kodi users experience a lack of available streams after they disable Hosters with Captchas (by using the steps above).
But never fear! There remains yet another way to fix Kodi pair error which does not disable Hosters that require Captcha authorization.
Simply use Method #3 below to actually pair your device once-and-for-all with Sources that require Kodi device authorizing.
Method #3: Pair Kodi with Streaming Providers
This may be the fastest, best way to get rid of the Kodi pairing error. But read this important reminder first:
IMPORTANT: If you use the solution below, then you will give your IP address to the content provider in order to get rid of the Kodi pair error. Therefore, it’s crucial that you use a VPN to hide your IP address if you use Method #3.
- Every time a Kodi source requires authorization, Kodi displays this message (or a message just like this): “To play this video, authorization is required – Visit the link below to authorize the devices on your network”.
TIP: It’s possible to simply select the “Cancel” button to temporarily tell Kodi to skip the authorization-required source. Although this doesn’t always work and often results in Kodi failing to play the stream. You would also need to do this every time you play a movie or TV show in Kodi. Instead, use the steps below to permanently fix the pair error in Kodi.
- In order to complete the authorization for your Kodi device, you need to continue to Step 3 (below) in order to go to the link displayed in the Kodi pair message. Kodi displays this link from a variety of websites, so make sure you enter the exact link displayed on your screen!
IMPORTANT: The stream authorization websites contain many pop-up advertisements which can slow down your computer or attempt to install adware / spyware on it. Therefore, I recommend you use the web browser app on your Kodi device or your smartphone instead of your PC to save time and hassle.It’s possible to easily install the Firefox web browser or the Amazon Silk web browser on your Firestick or other streaming device. If you’re using an Android device, then use the Google Chrome web browser.
- Launch the web browser on your device (such as Firefox or Silk web browser for Amazon Firestick / Fire TV).
- Then press the Search button (which is orange in color if you’re using the Silk web browser)
- Enter the address which is displayed in the pair error on your Kodi device. For this example, I enter the address olpair.com.
- Then click the “I’m not a robot” button. IMPORTANT: The device you use to visit the authorization website must be on the same WiFi network as your Kodi device.
- At this point, you should see a “reCaptcha” authorization. Just press “Stay here” and then proceed with the verification (to say you’re not a robot).
- After verifying, just scroll to the Pair button and press “Pair“.
- Then you see a message that says your device was successfully paired.
Although following the steps above (in Method #3) is an easy way to view all the best Sources in Kodi, this method does present a privacy issue. Since this method shows your Internet address (“IP address”) to the content provider, this method is less-than-desirable for anyone concerned about Internet privacy. Therefore, I urge you to use a VPN any time you watch streaming movies or TV shows (especially after you verify your device to fix the Kodi olpair error!).
Furthermore, many applications you want to download may be hidden by Amazon’s Firestick app store. So you can use a VPN to assist in installing third party apps on your device, also.
Therefore, if you don’t want to pay for a VPN (around $4/month), then I suggest you use Method #1 (at the top of this tutorial) to fix Kodi pair error.