While searching for the Google Launcher in the Google Play store, I stumbled upon the Nova Launcher on Android. Noticing that it was rated 4.6 stars out of 5 compared to Google Launcher’s measly 4.3, I couldn’t help but try it out. The results were amazing! Nova Launcher gave my phone an instant performance boost in usability in the user interface speed and touch responsiveness.
How to Install Nova Launcher on Android
- Go to Nova Launcher on Google Play store
- Click Install
- Start Nova Launcher by finding it in your Android’s apps menu
How to Set Nova Launcher as Default Launcher
- Press your [easyazon_link identifier=”B01H2E0J5M” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Android smartphone[/easyazon_link]’s Home button
- You should see a question dialog box pop up that asks which app you’d like to use. Choose Nova Launcher, and select Just Once or Always. If you choose Always, you can always re-choose in Settings > Apps > Default Apps
Benefits of Nova Launcher
In comparing Nova Launcher on Android vs. Google Now Launcher, I noticed at least a few major differences in Nova Launcher’s favor (even though I usually prefer Google products in general!):
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (126.96.36.199).
- Nova Launcher has a HUGE performance increase over Google Launcher. This is actually the entire reason I stumbled on Nova Launcher – my phone was acting really slow and sluggish, so I thought I’d try to install / reinstall the Google Launcher. Upon seeing Nova Launcher’s high rating in the Google Play store app search results, I clicked it and saw that one of the main advertised features was something like “- Launcher built for Performance”. After testing this advertised feature, they were totally right! My sluggish [easyazon_link identifier=”B01D0JV7AO” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Samsung Galaxy S6[/easyazon_link] was now blazing fast once again – like new.
- Nova Launcher on Android has the ability to customize how many “boxes” are in the grid of each of your Android’s home screens. This is great for people who use widgets like Gmail / Inbox, Evernote, Google Adsense, or any other Android widgets that occupy several “grid squares” on a home screen. I was able to take my Android phone from a grid size of roughly 5 x 7 to something like 12 x 10! Plenty of room for all my big-ass widgets.
- Nova Launcher has many other customization options (even the free version) that you won’t find in Google Launcher or Samsung’s launcher (TouchWiz?)
Nova Launcher Prime APK
The Nova Launcher Prime (Pro version) can theoretically be obtained by finding its .APK file online. We don’t host APK files here, but we hypothesize that a person could hypothetically obtain a Nova Launcher Prime APK file to test out the features of Nova Launcher Prime before they buy it. How would one go about finding the Nova Launcher Prime APK file? Google.