This tutorial shows you the Kodi Xenon Build install process for Firestick Fire TV, or any Kodi-enabled device. Having been within the Ares Wizard previously, many Kodi users are confused about where to find this build now. We’ve got you covered with the Diggz Wizard version of the Kodi Xenon Build. Based on the Confluence skin, old-school Kodi users will feel right at home with this build. It contains nearly all of the most popular Kodi TV addons, so should easily keep you and your family entertained. It also fits quite easily on the smallest devices, including the Amazon Fire TV Stick!
Keep up-to-date with the most recent How-to and installation articles by visiting the KFire TV front page. The site has plenty more build installs in case this one doesn’t do it for you, then tutorials for many individual Kodi TV addons as well. We always keep abreast of the latest concerning Kodi TV addons, then give you that information right away.
A Cautionary Tale
The recent upheavals in the third-party Kodi TV addons community should make it plain to everyone here. Your online activities are being tracked, monitored, and recorded. Not only by government agencies and your ISP but even by individuals and organizations with profits in mind. Stay safe while downloading, browsing, & streaming with this digital coupon for 60% off the best Kodi VPN. Making it a no-brainer, they even give you a 7-day money-back guarantee.
How to Install Xenon Build in Kodi
You’ll find the Kodi Xenon Build install process super simple whether you’ve installed builds into Kodi before or not. Let’s get some prerequisites out of the way and then get on with it.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Advanced Kodi Users
If you have experience with Kodi installations and setups, you probably only need the source location. The Diggz Wizard lives at http://repo.jdiggz.com.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Novice Kodi Users
If you just received a new Fire TV Stick, you might want to start at step one. Or if all this techno-babble means nothing to you, then let’s get you in the right place to follow along. If you need to install Kodi, check out our Kodi Installation Tutorial first, then come back here to make it awesome. If you have Kodi installed, then you’ve already gotten over the largest hurdle.
Once Kodi is installed, you need to launch it by first pressing the Home button on your Fire TV Stick remote control. Then, head to the right in the menu up top until you reach Settings. From here, you want to go to Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi > Launch Application. With Kodi running, you can now follow the installation guide for the Kodi Xenon Build.
Kodi Xenon Build Installation Video Walk-Through
Check out Ian’s YouTube tutorial video on how to install Kodi Xenon Build. You should find this very easy to follow as he guides you through the entire process.
If you liked the Glow-in-the-Dark Fire TV remote case Ian uses in the video, then you can check it out further and get your own at http://amzn.to/2gQ1e35.
Allow Unknown Sources in Kodi
If you’ve installed third-party Kodi TV addons or builds before, then you probably have this taken care of already. If not, or if you don’t know what this entails, check out our How To Enable Unknown Sources For Kodi TV Addons Install tutorial article. This makes the installation of third-party Kodi TV addons possible. It’ll be quick and easy; I promise. We’ll be right here when you get it done.
Kodi Xenon Build Installation Steps
Now, here are the basic steps to set-up the Xenon Build for Kodi.
Add Kodi Source for Diggz Wizard
- From the Kodi home screen, select the Gear icon from the top left part of the Kodi screen. This takes you into the Kodi “System” menu.
- Then, select the File Manager.
- Then, choose to Add Source.
- Now select the box on your screen that says “None“.
- Then, enter the URL http://repo.jdiggz.com
- Enter the name “Diggz” or anything else you like, check everything for typos, then press OK to complete adding the new Kodi source.
Install the Diggz Repository
This is a private repo just for the Diggz Wizard and a few support items. This guarantees the latest updates.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
- Now, go back to the Kodi home screen, then to the Add-Ons area.
- Select the Package Manager icon in the top left corner
- Choose Install From Zip File
- Then, choose the newly-added source (“Diggz“)
- Now, select the zip file you see (named something like repository.diggz-1.2.zip), then click OK. Note the zip file doesn’t appear to remain selected when you move over to the OK button. Kodi has had this visual glitch forever, but you can see the zip file selected in the bottom status bar of the dialog. If it appears so, go ahead and click OK.
- Wait a few seconds for the “Repository Enabled” notification to appear
Install the Diggz Wizard
Install the Kodi Xenon Build
The Diggz Wizard has been updated since the video Ian made above, so some things have changed. I think you’ll find the process remains easy as pie with the changes, or even easier.
- The Diggz Wizard launches automatically after install, so select what you’d like to save. It doesn’t hurt to keep them all selected if you don’t know what these are. Click on Continue.
- Then, the Diggz Wizard will prompt you to install a build.
- If you elect not to install at this time, you can find the Diggz Wizard in Kodi’s Program add-ons, then come back here later.
- Having chosen to install a build in the Diggz Wizard, you are presented with a selection. Choose the latest Xenon Build.
- Then, decide whether you want a Fresh Install or to keep your current Kodi TV addons intact with a Standard Install. I suggest the Fresh Install to avoid potential incompatibilities and such.
- When the download and install is complete, select “Force Close”
- Then, re-launch Kodi. Do this from the Fire TV home screen by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Scroll down and click on Kodi, then choose Launch Application.
- Wait for Xenon Build Kodi to start up! Give Xenon Build for Kodi a few minutes to update all the add-ons and get all settled into your Firestick or Fire TV.
- Lastly, perhaps the most important step: protect yourself with a secure VPN! Then, stream on, Wayne. And stream on, Garth.
For more great builds, check out the Looking Glass Wizard. There are builds for both Kodi 17 Krypton and Kodi 18 Leia!
Please note that the official XBMC Foundation Kodi support sites consider both the Xenon Build and Diggz Wizard unofficial addons, so neither the XBMC Foundation nor Kodi TV will support it. Feel free to ask for help in the comments below.
Editor’s Note: Originally published September 7, 2017, we’ve completely revamped and updated this article for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- 1 A Cautionary Tale
- 2 How to Install Xenon Build in Kodi