This page shows you where to download and how to install the Kodi TV app. See the Kodi download links below (all free!).
Which Operating Systems Support Kodi?
Kodi (aka “XBMC”) is available on a wide variety of systems. So, enjoy Kodi on PC, Mac, Linux, Jailbroken iOS devices, Amazon Fire Stick, Android, Raspberry Pi and more. We have a list of OSes that support Kodi, also.
KODI TV DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIRESTICK & FIRE TV
Use the steps below to install Kodi on FireStick, or use one of our updated Kodi FireStick Install guides.
- From the Fire TV Home Screen, go to the “Search” area. Search for “downloader”, then under Apps & Games select Downloader to install the app.
- Using your Fire TV remote, launch the newly-installed “Downloader” app.
- After the Downloader app launches, enter http://bit.ly/kodi173arm for the 2017 Kodi APK Download (for Kodi Krypton v17.1). Or for the 2016 version of the Kodi APK Download,
enter http://bit.ly/kodi161arm for Jarvis 16.1 APK file(This is crossed out because Kodi 16.1 no longer “works” with most TV Addons – we must use Kodi 17.1 now!). The link is for the ARM version of the Kodi APK File, which works for Fire TV, Fire Stick and other Android devies.
- Click on the Download button to download Kodi. Save the file.
- After the download is over, click Open File from the Downloader app. You will get a message saying “Please wait while loading file…” Don’t be alarmed when you see a black screen, the Kodi logo will appear at the top left corner of the screen.
- You will get a message asking if you want to install, click Install.
- Wait until this is over. You may then launch Kodi by going to the Home screen on the Fire TV using your remote. Go to System > Applications > Manage > Installed Applications > Kodi.
- Press Launch Application. When Kodi is live, its time to install TVaddons.
KODI TV DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID
- Download the Kodi APK File (
v16.1 Jarvisclick here – UPDATE: Kodi 16.1 No longer works – You must now use Kodi 17.1)
- or Download Kodi 17.0 Krypton APK File here
- Google Play Store installer page for Kodi
- Click here to Download & Install Kodi 17.0 from Google Play Store. Kodi 16 Jarvis is no longer available from the Google Play Store, since Kodi 17.0 was released.
- Download Kodi for FireStick & Fire TV
KODI RASPBERRY PI ZERO INSTALL
- Download BerryBoot zip file from Github (the BerryBoot / Kodi Raspberry Pi Zero download is free!)
- Copy the contents of the berryboot-20161118-pi0-pi1-pi2-pi3.zip file and paste them all onto a clean Micro SD card.
- Safely eject the Micro SD memory card from your computer
- Put the Micro SD card in your Raspberry Pi
- Plug in the power to your Raspberry Pi Zero, 1, 2, or 3
- Wait for BerryBoot to boot up
- Using the BerryBoot operating system menu, select “OpenElec“. Don’t worry! OpenELEC is the operating system that auto-runs Kodi for us on Raspberry Pi zero, 1, 2, and 3.
- Now click Install
- Wait for BerryBoot to download and install OpenELEC, which is a “version” of Kodi.
- After OpenELEC installs, reboot your Raspberry Pi.
- Now boot up into OpenELEC, which you can do by simply letting BerryBoot do its “startup thing”.
- After Kodi is all booted up, install TV Addons using Indigo > Config Wizard!
HOW TO INSTALL KODI TV ON MAC (METHOD #1: THE “FREETELLY” METHOD)
- Download FreeTelly
- Launch the installer
- Complete the Install
- Launch Kodi (labeled “FreeTelly” in this case)
If for some reason this does not work for you, try Method #2, below.
INSTALL KODI TV ON WINDOWS 8
- Download Kodi for Windows 8 by going to http://kodi.tv/download then click “Windows: Installer” to download the ~83MB Kodi installer (.exe) file directly from the official Kodi website.
- After the file downloads, launch the file to begin to install Kodi Windows 8 version.
- If you see a box pop up asking for permissions, then enter your password and/or click “Yes” to allow the installer to begin.
- Once the Kodi installer begins, you’ll see the “Kodi Setup” window appear, which says “Welcome to the Kodi Setup Wizard”
- Click Next
- Then click I Agree to accept the agreement
- Click Next to continue. But before you click Next, make sure to leave the dropdown menu set to install the “Full” version of Kodi for Windows 8.
- At this point, you should see the “Choose Install Location” part of the process.
- Then click Next.
- The Kodi installer should now be at a screen that says “Choose Start Menu Folder”.
- Click Install.
- Kodi will now install on Windows 8. The screen will say “Installing..“.
- The install process is complete when you see the Kodi installer window say “Installation Complete”
- Select the checkbox on the screen that says “Run Kodi“
- Click Finish to close the Kodi installer and launch Kodi.
- If you see a window pop up that says “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app”, simply click “Allow Access”. This way Kodi will be allowed to connect to the Internet to stream movies & TV shows.
Kodi is installed and downloaded as native application. Therefore, installing this great media center is rather straight-forward. In order to get started:
- Visit the following link, which is the official Kodi TV download site: https://kodi.tv/download/
- The page displays a short disclaimer and an introduction to the Kodi community and team of developers.
- Scroll down a the bottom of the page in order to choose your preferred format, based on the icon of your chosen system (Windows, Mac, Linux, Google Play….) and get started with the installation.
- It is important to remember that by installing Kodi, there will be no content whatsoever coming in with the installation. You can provide your own content (hard disks, DVDs, Blu-Rays, files) or with any add-on that will allow you to stream content freely available on the web.