Want to perform a quick Kodi TV download on your Fire TV or Windows PC but are not sure about how to go about it?
Well, don’t worry. All the help you need is right here.
This post will show you how to download and install Kodi in just a few minutes—and more importantly without any hiccups.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (18.104.22.168).
And for all those who are still in two minds about using Kodi, there’s a brief description of what this open-source media player can do.
So, let’s dig in!
What Makes Kodi so Hot?
Kodi is a free open-source media player which runs on multiple operating systems, including Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, tvOS, and Amazon Fire TV stick. Kodi allows you to play music, videos, and podcasts directly from the Internet. It also allows you to play media files from local and network storage.
Of course, there are several other media players that do just that. What makes Kodi special is its third-party add-ons.
There are more add-ons available for Kodi than for any other media player. These add-ons enhance Kodi’s functionality. With help of the right kind of add-ons, you can easily stream content via YouTube, Pandora, and Amazon Prime Instant Video, among others.
How to download Kodi TV on Amazon Fire TV
We will discuss two methods of downloading the latest kodi version on Fire TV.
First up is how to download when you don’t have direct URL and the second one is with a direct URL. You can pick the one that looks most comfortable to you.
Method 1 – Getting Kodi Using Browser
Just follow the steps listed ahead.
Step 1 – Turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources”
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Go to Settings
- Move down the menu and click Device
- Click Developer Options
- Make sure ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources are turned on. If Apps from Unknown Sources is currently turned off, click it and then click the Turn On button which you now see on the screen. Do the same for ADB debugging if it is turned off.
- Click the Home button on your remote
Downloader is a free application, which will allow you to download Kodi and a host of other stuff.
- Hover over the Search icon
- Type “Downloader” (You can also use Alexa if you want)
- Select Downloader app
- You will now see this app under your Apps & Games category. It is the one with an orange icon and a downward-pointing arrow.
- Select this application and Install it
- While you are in this page, also select the box against APK Auto-Install
Step 3 – Download and install Kodi
- Open the Downloader You will see that the cursor is blinking within the URL box
- Click the select button on the remote to open the keyboard and type https://kodi.tv/download and then click the Download button
- Click the Open in browser button
- Use your Fire TV remote to navigate the page. Scroll down the webpage and under Choose Your Weapon section click Android icon
- Click ARMV7A (32Bit) and follow screen prompts
- You will be asked to install the file once downloading is complete. Scroll down the screen by pressing down on your remote a few times and then select the Install
- After APK file has been installed, you can choose to delete it. Just press the Delete button in the Download dialog box
- To launch Kodi, go to your Fire TV home screen and press down on your remote three times till you see Your Apps & Games. Now move to the right hand side and click See All
- Scroll down until you see the Kodi icon. Hover the cursor to the Kodi icon and press the Menu button on your remote (one with three dashes) and click Move to Front to move the Kodi icon at the top of the list.
- Finally click the Kodi icon to launch it.
Method 2 – Getting Kodi Using Direct Download URL
First you would need to turn on “Apps from Unknown Source” and install Downloader. You would also want to turn on APK Auto-Install in Downloader. To do these, just follow the steps 1 and steps 2 listed above.
Next, perform these steps:
- Launch Downloader and enter the following url – ly/kodi176
- Click the Download The APK file will be now downloaded
- Scroll down using your Fire TV remote and click the Install button
- Once the APK file has been downloaded, you can opt to delete it. To do this, simply click the Delete button in Download box
- Go to your Fire TV home screen and press down on your remote three times till you see Your Apps & Games. Now move to the right hand side and click See All
- Scroll down and hover the cursor on the Kodi icon and press the Menu button on your remote (one with three dashes) and click Move to Front to move the Kodi icon at the top of the list.
- Finally click the Kodi icon to launch it.
How to download Kodi TV on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 PC/Laptop
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
Follow these steps to download and install Kodi on Windows.
- Open your web browser
- In the url box, type https://kodi.tv
- Click on the blue DOWNLOAD button on the top right-hand corner
- Scroll down and click the Windows icon (the blue icon with four windows) under Choose your weapon
- Click Installer (32BIT)
- Specify the location where you want to save the file (preferably desktop, since you would be launching it immediately) and press the Save button
- After the file has been downloaded, go to your desktop, double-click the downloaded file (the one that has the Kodi icon) to open it.
- In the Kodi Setup dialog box, follow the on-screen prompts (All you would need to do is click Next a few times)
- Now the installer will install Kodi (This will not take more than a few seconds)
- Once the installer has finished the installation, tick the box before Run Kodi if you want to launch it straightaway, and then click the Finish button
- Kodi will open on your screen
After Kodi is Installed, Set Up Addons!
After Kodi is installed, set up some killer Kodi addons!
Alternatively, you can install Kodi + addons in 1 shot just by using our Misfit Mods on Firestick tutorial.