KODI is one of the most popular streaming services, and it provides some nice ways for you to access the content that you want. The problem for some people is that they want to add subtitles, especially when watching foreign movies. As you’ll see, getting Kodi subtitles is not that hard. In fact, you just need to use the right tools to get the job done; such as KFire TV. Read on…
How can you add Kodi subtitles?
Thankfully, Kodi does allow you a great way to integrate Kodi subtitles. You can easily use subtitles even in unofficial third-party TV addons such as Covenant if you want. Automating the process can make things a whole lot easier. Then, you won’t have to worry about integrating those subtitles each time you use the application. That being said, the process can be a bit challenging to do at first, but you’ll find it easy with our help. For help with other Kodi or Firestick related issues, or just to get caught up on the latest, check out the KFire TV homepage.
Here we offer step-by-step instructions for two different methods to add Kodi subtitles quickly and easily. Follow them, and you should have no problem at all getting subtitles to appear in your streaming videos. Watch your next movie with the volume all the way down if you like. Then, if you live in an apartment like Peter’s, the neighbors still won’t notice the movie they just saw at the cinema earlier in the day streaming onto your television right next door.
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (18.104.22.168) now.
Believe it or not, the entire process is not that difficult. There are a few really good Kodi subtitles TV addons that will help you immensely. We’ll go over how to access and install a couple of them here.
How to Install XvBMC
There are many repos with the requisite add-ons for subtitles, but with the trouble the Kodi scene has seen this past week, we’ll be going with a die-hard. Installing the XvBMC REPOsitory is super simple; although, you do need Kodi installed, then to follow our XvBMC Install tutorial. If you already have the XvBMC REPOsitory installed, then carry on.
How to Install the OpenSubtitles.org (Unofficial) Kodi TV Addon
You can install the OpenSubtitles.org (Unofficial) Kodi TV addon with some help from our friends at the XvBMC REPOsitory.
- Simply enter the Add-ons main menu item from the Kodi home screen
- Then, go into the Add-on browser, which looks like an open box icon
- Choose to Install from repository
- Then, select XvBMC (Add-ons) REPOsitory
- Now, just get yourself into the Subtitles directory
- Click on OpenSubtitles.org (Unofficial)
- Then, simply click the Install button
- OpenSubtitles.org (Unofficial) has installed
You’ll notice a great thing about this add-on: it doesn’t need mu customization of modification. It works great right out of the box, or in the box, as it were.
You can choose to set a specific language preference with the OpenSubtitles.org add-on. Of course, you are free to pick any dedicated subtitle service that feels comfortable to you. Use or change it whenever you want. We’re here to help you if you get in a jam or forget something.
How to Have Automated Kodi Subtitles
With the AutoSubs Kodi TV addon, we can get subtitles to start automatically without much trouble at all. Follow these simple steps to stop fussing over downloading subtitles and let Kodi handle them for you.
- At Kodi’s Home Screen, click on the Add-ons menu item.
- Then, go into the Add-ons Browser.
- Select Install from repository.
- If you’ve installed extra Kodi repositories, then you will need to select the Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Then, click on Services.
- Select Autosubs to install.
- Then, click on the Install button.
- Once the AutoSubs Kodi TV addon installs successfully, then the Subtitle Selection Dialog should automatically open every time you begin a video.
Final Thoughts on Kodi Subtitles
Acquiring Kodi subtitles is easy, then automating the process, you only go through set-up one time. The time investment is worth it because the outcome is quite zen if you regularly enjoy subtitled videos.
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .