This guide shows you how to install Kodi on Apple TV. The Kodi app is a great way of streaming the latest and free content like movies and TV shows on your Apple TV, Amazon Firestick and Android TV. Kodi app has a simple yet useful user interface and possesses some unique features that other TV apps don’t.
Although Kodi TV app is available for all operating systems (aka “platforms”), we’ll just discuss its installation process on the Apple TV in this particular article. Read and follow the below-mentioned steps carefully to easily get Kodi TV app on your Apple TV without even jailbreaking it.
Steps to Install Kodi on Apple TV
To install the Kodi app on your Apple TV, first you’ll have to make sure that you have all of the below-mentioned things:
- A laptop (with Windows, Mac OS, etc.)
- A USB-C to USB-A connector cable
- The Apple TV itself
Now when we have all of the required hardware to install our desired app. Let’s take a look at some simplified steps to execute the process quickly.
2. Download the files:
First of all, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running on your computer. Then download these files.
You can find both of these files on this page with a simplified installation process.
3. Install Cydia Impactor:
Once you’ve downloaded both of the required files on your computer, installing the Cydia Impactor file shouldn’t be an issue. Just follow these steps:
- On a Mac, double click the downloaded Cydia Impactor file.
- On the next window, hold the “Impactor” app and drag & drop it to the “Applications” folder.
That’s it; your Impactor file is now installed on Mac.
- On windows, simply “Extract” the file, then locate and open the “Impactor.exe” file.
And here you have the Impactor file installed on your windows computer in a matter of seconds.
4. Connect Apple TV to your PC:
With the Cydia Impactor files installed on your computer, now it’s the perfect time to connect your Apple TV with your computer through a USB-C to USB-A connector cable.
- Connect the Apple TV with your computer and let iTunes detect it. Exit the iTunes and run the installed Cydia Impactor app.
- On the next window, you should see your Apple TV listed. Drag and drop the “Kodi” file into this window.
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Let the installation process begin, it’ll take a couple of minutes.
Once the installation is done, you should be able to find the “Kodi” app on your Apple TV.
5. Install a Kodi Build and Enjoy Kodi on Apple TV!
After Kodi is installed on Apple TV, you should install a great Kodi Build.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Kodi is a very useful app for people who want endless free entertainment. Kodi works with the latest and updated tvOS. It contains the latest movies, TV shows, dramas etc. to keep you amused during the leisure time. Its unique UI and fantastic features are surely fascinating.