Sports Devil ranks as one of the most popular Kodi addons ever for a good reason. This latest version turns an Amazon Firestick with Kodi and SportsDevil installed into your new best friend. The developers broke the Sport Devil menu down into categories for easy access to all the content you want to view.
Updated for November 2017 The Ares Project, along with many other Kodi third-party developers, has gone the way of the dodo in the massive anti-piracy shake-down that took place last week. Thankfully, the XvBMC REPOsitory hosts an up-to-date release of SportsDevil for you to download and install.
Sports Devil 2017 Kodi Addon Install Preparation
When using this addon, we highly recommend that you use a high quality VPN for privacy. After extensive research and many trials, we found the best one to be IPVanish. They guarantee absolute anonymity and keep all of your internet activities private. IPVanish uses military-grade encryption and ip address masking along with many other features to accomplish this. They even offer free apps made especially for the Fire TV and Fire Stick! Also, they provide the highest throughput speeds available anywhere with nearly a thousand servers spread throughout over 60 countries. Learn more about what makes IPVanish the best VPN for Kodi users. By the way, using any of the links we’ve provided to their site nets you a 60% discount on their unparalleled VPN service!
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (18.104.22.168).
Repo Locations for Advanced Users
If you’ve installed add-ons and repositories onto your Fire TV or Firestick before, then you probably just need the repository address for the XvBMC REPOsitory at http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc There, you will find many great TV addons, including the temporarily displaced Covenant. Then, of course, you can also find the star of today’s game, SportsDevil!
Install the Sports Devil 2017 Kodi Addon
First, you will need the XvBMC REPOsitory installed, as SportsDevil makes its home there. Follow the Kodi XvBMC REPOsitory Install tutorial to get that taken care of if necessary. I promise you’ll find me still here when you return. If you already have the XvBMC repo installed, then great! Read on…
- Go into the Kodi Add-ons menu item
- Then, enter the Add-on browser (open box icon)
- At this point, elect to Install from repository
- Select the XvBMC REPOsitory to install from
- Enter Video add-ons
- Select SportsDevil
- Then, hit the Install button
- SportsDevil has installed once you see the banner come up
- You’ll find SportsDevil in Kodi’s Video add-ons
Enable All Streams!
Before we try to get going, we want to make sure you’ve set everything up for game time! Streaming from some sources requires additional add-ons, which SportsDevil installs as dependencies. In order to receive all potential input streams available, we need to enable them if not already.
- Head into the Kodi Add-ons section once more
- Then, go into the My addons area
- Click or tap VideoPlayer InputStream
- Note that in the image, I’ve already enabled the InputStream Adaptive add-on. You can tell by the check mark next to the name. I activated InputStream Adaptive exactly the same way I’ll now show you how to enable the RTMP Input add-on. The ‘x’ denotes that the RTMP Input Kodi add-on is not yet activated.
- Once you’ve tapped or clicked on RTMP Input to enter its settings area, hit the Enable button in order to enable the add-on
- Upon enablement, the button changes to say Disable. Do the same with the InputStream Adaptive add-on if not already enabled.
- Sports Devil 2017 awaits within the Add-ons area under the main Kodi menu
- Find it under Video add-ons within the Add-ons section of Kodi as well.
You’ve Completed Preparations
Please, do not forget to utilize a VPN while using this addon. Actually, you really should be using a VPN when accessing the internet at all if you value your privacy or identity. I can’t imagine putting myself or my family at risk without using ours these days. Also, take advantage of this truly amazing deal right now to get a 60% discount on the world’s leading VPN.
Ready to watch the game? Are you protected? Fantastic! Then, go enjoy some sports with your new best friend—Sports Devil 2017!
Please take note that the official Kodi support sites label Sports Devil as an unofficial addon, therefor neither the XBMC Foundation nor Kodi TV support it. Fear not; we have your support right here, so feel free to ask for whatever help you may need in the comments below.
Editor’s Note: Originally published August 23, 2017, we’ve completely revamped and updated this article for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .