This is a direct download link and install guide for the official Kodi 17 APK file. In this step by step guide we show you how to start the Kodi APK download for your Fire Stick and Android device; choose from the 2017 version of Kodi (“Krypton”) or the 2016 version of Kodi (“Jarvis”) below
*UPDATE: Kodi 16 Jarvis no longer works with most TV Addons, so use Kodi 17.1 to Fix it!
What is Kodi?
With Kodi, you will be able to easily get apps (aka Kodi 17 Addons) that will allow you to watch movies, play games and use other quality content online. Kodi will also work with other devices and platforms.
Best Site to Download Kodi APK File:
- Directly Download the latest stable version of Kodi, v17.0 Krypton released Feb 5th 2017, by clicking on this link to download the Kodi 17.1 Official Release apk file from the Official Kodi download site.
Or use https://bit.ly/kodi161arm(this line is crossed out because Kodi 16 Jarvis no longer works, so use Kodi 17.1 Krypton). The links above (starting with “bit.ly”) are just a shorter version of the same Kodi 17.1 Krypton (formerly Kodi 17.0 Krypton) download link! Or directly download Kodi 16(2016’s version of Kodi), known as Kodi 16.1 Jarvis, by using this shortlink: http://bit.ly/kodi161arm. The steps below show you how to easily install the “Downloader” app for FireStick & Fire TV and how to use it to download the Kodi APK file using the shortlink!
We will use the “Downloader” app from your Fire TV/Fire Stick or Android to manage files. A Kodi APK download link is provided here: http://bit.ly/kodi173arm ; click the download button for Fire Stick/Fire TV or ARM Kodi. Upon clicking his will download the installer in APK file format. Here is a quick installation guide:
Kodi APK Download Instructions for FireStick & Fire TV
- From the Fire TV Home Screen, go to the “Search” area. Search for “downloader”, then under Apps & Games select Downloader to install the app.
- Using your Fire TV remote, launch the newly-installed “Downloader” app.
- After the Downloader app launches, enter http://bit.ly/kodi173arm for the 2017 Kodi APK Download (for Kodi Krypton v17.0).
Or for the 2016 version of the KodiAPK Download, enter http://bit.ly/kodi161arm for Jarvis 16.1 APK file (this is the ARM version of the Kodi APK File, which works for Fire TV, Fire Stick and other Android devies).
- Click on the Download button to download Kodi. Save the file.
- After the download is over, click Open File from the Downloader app. You will get a message saying “Please wait while loading file…” Don’t be alarmed when you see a black screen, the Kodi logo will appear at the top left corner of the screen.
- You will get a message asking if you want to install, click Install.
- Wait until this is over. You may then launch Kodi by going to the Home screen on the Fire TV using your remote. Go to System > Applications > Manage > Installed Applications > Kodi.
- Press Launch Application. When Kodi is live, its time to install TVaddons.
Important notes about Kodi downloads for Android, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Windows
Kodi allows users to access to quality content may it be movies, games, videos, images and other multimedia. Kodi is so versatile; it is not just restricted to Fire TV or Fire devices. It can also become a native application for Linux, Android, Mac OS X, iOS, and for Windows OS. Kodi can even run using the most common processor architectures.
Kodi developers ensure that a stable and available development releases are provided. For traditional users, stable releases are recommended. The official Kodi version has no content. Users will need to provide their own multimedia content in the form of addons (aka “plugins”, aka “TV Addons” like Exodus). But after the Kodi APK download and install process is complete on your Kodi-enabled device, it’s just a matter of installing TV Addons before you’re ready to stream movies & TV Shows for free!
Current Kodi release: Kodi v16.1 Jarvis meets Kodi Krypton
UPDATE: As of February 5th 2017, Kodi Krypton v17.0 is now officially released!
Previous info: Jarvis is the most current build and is the most stable; Jarvis Kodi v16.1. There is an ongoing Kodi v17.0 Krypton dubbed as the next version to replace Jarvis. It is currently unstable and are only recommended for users that would like to try it out without the fear of crashes and bugs. Krypton is currently available for developers that will be able to help in testing it for upcoming releases.
There are no news yet when Krypton goes live or when it is available as a stable build. News about Krypton as well as developments for Kodi Jarvis are often released via media outlets and area also available at the Kodi official web page.
Kodi official remotes guide
Although the Fire TV remote works best for your Fire TV, developers of Kodi have developed official remotes that can be installed through a user’s phone or tablet. Official Kodi remotes will be able to control the Kodi interface in a Fire TV or any compatible TV or device, can help install Kodi seamlessly, can assist in adding addons or channels, browse apps, movies, shows and games and to move or navigate through the Kodi menu and interface.
The Kore Kodi remote is currently available via Google Play and on the Kodi official website. Official remotes for iOS are available at the Apple App Store. Like Kodi, all remotes are free to use and are also open source.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.