With the recent release of the Kodi 18 RC4 (Release Candidate 4, download), this is a sign that the stable version release will be sooner than expected.
TIP: If you love watching movies, TV shows, and Live TV on Amazon Firestick, then check out my Ultimate Firestick Jailbreak how-to video on YouTube.
As you can notice the features and changes of Kodi 18 enumerated below, there are several new code additions that should enhance our streaming experience.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (18.104.22.168).
Kindly note that this Kodi 18 Leia page will be continuously modified as there are new developments.
You will see the crucial changes in each of the Release Candidates that are emphasized by the developers of Kodi if you check below. These are the most prominent changes worthy of mention in Release Candidate 4 (RC4) according to the official website of Kodi:
- Revise documentation in respect of Python and Skin development: Kodi Doxygen
- Sort out the crash on specific music files that comprise ID3v2 UFID frame.
- Ensure you do not classify non-repo add-ons as “unavailable” in info dialog (the by default included ones)
- Organize some interface info labels as regards to music
- When minimizing on Mac OSX, fix none responsive
- Ensure you fix the path when looking up external subtitles
- Ensure you replace vc140redis with vc 141 which is responsible for the fixing of crashes on Windows (It is important for the user to install this once)
- Windows DXVA- fixed color values
- Resolve GUI notifications rendering
- Arrange watched items in plugins (comprising database upgrade)
- These are the most important changes in Release Candidate 3 (RC3) according to the official Kodi website: Press “x” to stop DVD.iso image when there is a display of “Player Process Info” to fix crashes.
- Android: Take off the mpeg4 HD restriction/ utilize DTS for unidentified pts for mpeg4. However, you might experience some playback issues that will be resolved in the process.
- You can also alter the resolution if necessary on application starts (resolves XBXO resolution problems) Android: Retune calibrations if there is a change of GUI limit
- Android: resolve subtitle position issues
- Resolve white-list problems on Windows
- Increase option to conceal spoilers such as text or images from the library view
- Include support for new iOS devices According to the official Kodi website; these are the most crucial changes in Release Candidate 2 (RC2): Revise documentation in respect to Skin development and Python: Kodi Doxygen
- Linux power management: alter login detection to use Dbus
- Android: Resolve playback for some PVR add-ons
- Sort out performance issue in PVR recording sub menu by lessening the number of resume point update requests
- Android: Allocate joysticks in MRU order (last activation)
- Sort out crash when an add-on fails to express a version number
- Video Player: Work on the state of a/v players after swapping refresh rate
- Include new setting that enables you to conceal “spoiler” text for TV shows or movies.
According to the official website of Kodi, these are the most prominent changes:
- The presence of a new Games section with support for retro emulation through Retroplayer and game controllers.
- Offers support for streaming services that utilize DRM
- Offers support for modern XBOX consoles
- Presence of a 64-bit binary for Windows
- Backing for Linux video drivers through Generic Buffer Manager (GBM) and Video for Linux (V4L2)
- Offers support for SD card installation on Android
- Enhanced support for Android TV features such as voice-to-text and search Kodi 18 download
- Most of the cord-cutters run Kodi on a Fire TV stick, NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, Android TV Box, phone or tablet, Fire TV. I have arranged the following short code on my server which will always lead to the most recent version of Kodi 18 Leia.