This step-by-step tutorial teaches you how to install Kodi 18 Leia on Firestick / Fire TV, Windows, Mac, and other Android devices. This Kodi 18 Install tutorial also has up-to-date Direct Download links for the Official Kodi 18 Install files included for each of these operating systems. The Kodi 18 codename of Leia was chosen not in the typical community-driven lottery, but in honor of the late Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) of Star Wars fame.
UPDATE: I updated this page today for Kodi 18 Beta 3! See the Kodi 18 download links for each operating system below.
WARNING: Kodi 18 is still in a pre-release development stage. The nightly builds have attained massive improvements in stability over the past few months, yet it lacks full readiness for prime-time. DO NOT INSTALL KODI 18 BETA OVER KODI 17 unless you acknowledge that your entire Kodi installation could become unusable (and need to be erased or reset). So, only install Kodi 18 if you enjoy tinkering and experimenting with cutting-edge software and don’t mind the occasional bug. Install Kodi 18 at your own risk. Kodi 18 Alpha is not yet intended for normal, every day Kodi use – only as a “preview” or proof of concept allowing TV addons and Kodi Builds developers to test their work on Kodi 18 Beta. Until Kodi 18 Final Version is released, enjoy the last Kodi 17 Krypton release: Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
In this article, you’ll first see Kodi 18 download links, then a step-by-step walk-through on How to Install Kodi 18 on Firestick. After that, I show you How to Install Kodi 18 Looking Glass Wizard along with working builds and some more details about Kodi 18.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Kodi 18 Download Links for 2018
- Download Kodi 18 Firestick & Fire TV version (beta 3!) ..(Or download the “older” Kodi 18 beta .APK file beta download for Android smartphones, tablets & TV boxes). Scroll down past this Download Links section to install Kodi 18 on Firestick. (Or, if you already know how to install Kodi on Firestick, then just enter the address http://bit.ly/kodi18beta3apk into the “Downloader” app’s “Address” field.)
- Kodi 18 Windows 32-bit Beta 3 download (for older Windows PCs) (Or download the .exe file for the “older” beta of Kodi 18). To install Kodi 18 Beta in Windows 32-bit (x86) versions, just download the EXE file, run it, and follow the installer on your screen. You can also download the latest Kodi 18 (32-bit) version by entering http://bit.ly/kodi18beta3x86 into your web browser.
- Kodi 18 Windows 64-bit Beta 3 download (for newer Windows PCs) (Or download the .exe file of the “older” Kodi 18 beta) . Kodi 18 64-Bit version is ALL NEW in Kodi 18. Krypton, Jarvis, and all Kodi versions prior to 18 have had no x64 version! Install Kodi 18 64-bit by downloading the EXE file – then just run the EXE file to start the Kodi 18 Windows installer. You can also download the latest version of Kodi 18 (64-bit) by entering http://bit.ly/kodi18beta3x64 into your web browser.
- Kodi 18 for Mac OSX (.dmg file beta download for x86 / x64 based Mac OS computers). For installing Kodi 18 on Mac OS, just launch the .dmg file.
- Kodi 18 Beta 3 Android APK download (Or download the “older” Kodi 18 beta.apk file beta download for Android smartphones, tablets & TV boxes). Kodi 18 Android is easy to install: just download the .APK file and run it on your Android device! You can simply open the web browser on your Android device then enter http://bit.ly/kodi18beta3apk to download the Kodi 18 APK.
Kodi 18 Install on Firestick
Use the Kodi 18 Install video (below) or the step-by-step written instructions (further below) to Install Kodi 18 on FireStick in just a few minutes.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Download Kodi 18 for Firestick by first getting the “Downloader” app on your Firestick – then enter http://bit.ly/kodi18beta3apk into the Downloader app to download Kodi 18.
Kodi 18 Install on Firestick Video
This video has become a bit dated, but still retains a lot of value to experienced Kodi users just needing a refresher. Note that this video uses the now-defunct Ares Wizard. Read the tutorial below the video for installing Kodi 18 on the Fire Stick. After that, follow along with some up-to-date instructions involving other wizards and especially the Looking Glass Wizard. This includes builds especially tuned to the latest releases of Kodi 18! A new video tutorial will post very soon as Kodi 18 readies for launch.
Our Step-by-Step Tutorial Guide on How to install Kodi 18 on Firestick
- From the Firestick / Fire TV homescreen, go to Settings, then System.
- Now go to Developer Options, then turn on Apps From Unknown Sources and Enable ADB Debugging.
- Then return to the Firestick home screen by pressing the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
- Now go to Search (which may be a magnifying glass icon) from the Firestick home screen
- Then enter “Downloader“. After you enter the word “Downloader”, select the word Downloader using the arrows on the Fire TV remote and the “Center” button.
- In the search results, select “Apps & Games“.
- Then select Downloader
- Now select Install
- Then press Open
- Enter https://tinyurl.com/kodi18beta in the Address field of the Downloader app
- Select the “Download” button
- Wait for Kodi 18 to download.
- When the download finishes, select “Install,” then “Yes“.
- After Kodi 18 finishes installing, then choose the “Open” option to launch Kodi.
- Once Kodi 18 starts up and you see the Kodi 18 home screen, then install one of the great Kodi 18 builds or Kodi addons to start streaming great content!
How to Install Kodi 18 Wizards
I installed the Looking Glass Wizard on Kodi 18 Firestick by following my Looking Glass Wizard Install and Setup tutorial & guide. The Looking Glass Wizard installs and runs fine on Kodi 18!
How to Install Kodi 18 Builds
I then used the Looking Glass Wizard to install the TaQ 18 build for Kodi 18 Firestick. I will get a video of this process up right away and change this message when I do.
After Kodi starts back up into the TaQ 18 build, make sure to give it plenty of time to complete the build configuration and updates.
Kodi 18 Install FireStick version
- Download Kodi 18 for FireStick here at http://tinyurl.com/kodi18beta.
Get Kodi 18 Firestick by clicking on this download link. This will download the Kodi 18 Firestick APK file, which is simply just the Kodi 18 installer file. Note this link downloads the latest nightly build available on January 19, 2018. So, there were a few ways to install Kodi 18 on FireStick without breaking a sweat.
What Operating Systems Does Kodi 18 Beta / Alpha Support?
See the top of this page for the download links for each of the Kodi 18 operating systems below:
- Kodi 18 is available for Windows 32-bit computers
- You can also get Kodi 18 for Windows 64-bit computers now!
- For Macs and Macbooks, get Kodi 18 for Mac OSX
- Kodi 18 Android works on Android mobile phones, tablets, and Android TV Boxes (including the Fire Stick and Fire TV, of course)
Kodi 18 Alpha vs Beta
What stage is Kodi 18 currently in?
Kodi 18 (at the time of writing this article) is actually in Alpha phase according to some pointers within the codebase. No, not like Street Fighter Alpha – more like the Greek letter Alpha, which means “the beginning”. But, Kodi 18 Alpha still works surprisingly well, even though it’s still in its pre-release (or “development”) stages!
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
According to other markers, such as the directory the Kodi 18 installer sets up to install Kodi 18 in, it has already entered beta with no real fanfare. So, the difference between Kodi 18 Alpha and Kodi 18 Beta will most likely be unnoticeable, since Kodi usually has relatively “small” user interface updates from Alpha stage to Beta stage.
Kodi 18 Install (Alpha – on Amazon FireStick)
I just now did a Kodi 18 Install & download process (aka Kodi 18 Beta) onto my FireStick and installed the TeverZ Ultra Build in about 10 minutes flat. This is another of the community builds tailored especially for Kodi 18 within the Looking Glass Wizard.
In case you missed it, I created an easy-to-enter link for you to download Kodi 18 Firestick version for use with this KFire TV install guide. Here’s the link:
- http://tinyurl.com/kodi18beta. This short URL helps immensely when typing into the Fire Stick to install Kodi 18 Firestick Beta.
Simply download and install the Downloader app on your Fire Stick by getting it from the Fire TV app store. Then, launch Downloader and enter the Kodi 18 Firestick download link above (http://tinyurl.com/kodi18beta).
Kodi 18 Release Date
The XBMC camp has not leaked a release date for Kodi 18 yet, and probably won’t until its actual release date. From the way major releases have happened in the past, I expect the Kodi 18 official release to be dropping sometime in either very late January or early February of 2018.
What’s New in Kodi 18?
As I check out Kodi 18 to find the difference between Kodi 17 and Kodi 18, I’ll update this section of this page with my notes. For now, here’s what I observed about Kodi 18 vs Kodi 17 Krypton:
- Kodi 18 now has a 64-bit version available for newer Windows PCs and laptops! This is totally new for Kodi, as Kodi has only been available in 32 bit versions until now! Kodi 18 is the first version of Kodi to include an “x64” release (aka “64-bit”). What does that mean? Kodi takes advantage of the fast processing power of the 64-bit CPU architecture in newer PCs. Therefore, you should see better playback, less buffering, and more streaming!
Check back later as I update this page with more Kodi 18 details. It will also get a complete overhaul and rewrite when Kodi 18 releases officially.
Table of Contents
- 1 Kodi 18 Download Links for 2018
- 2 Kodi 18 Install on Firestick
- 3 How to Install Kodi 18 Wizards
- 4 Kodi 18 Release Date
- 5 What’s New in Kodi 18?