With the newly-released Kodi 17.0 Krypton, we bring you this new Kodi 17 Builds guide (click HERE for the YouTube video tutorial version). Install the best Kodi 17 Builds using this step-by-step tutorial. See how to install Kodi 17 Config Wizard with the steps immediately below.
Or install a heavier build like Kodi 17 Beast (scroll down), which is like Kodi 16 Beast build. Either way, you should check out Kodi Indigo, which is the new version of the XBMC Hub Wizard; this is covered in the steps below:
How to Install Kodi 17 Builds:
Installing Kodi 17 Builds is very similar to installing Kodi 16 Builds. But since the Kodi 17 Skin is different from Kodi 16 Jarvis skin, you should know a few things going in to it, such as:
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (22.214.171.124) now.
- The “Settings” menu is now a “gear” icon at the top left of the Kodi home screen.
- File Manager is still underneath the Settings menu (now the gear icon).
- Kodi 17 now warns you when you install TV Addons from an unknown source
- The “old” http://fusion.tvaddons.ag source is still there – but now says “begin-here” instead of “start-here”, and has “Indigo” now instead of “hubwizard”.
How to Install Kodi 17 Build: Config Wizard via “Indigo”
- From the Kodi 17 homescreen, go to Settings (which is now the “gear” icon)
- Then go to File Manager
- Now go to Add Source
- Select “<NONE>” and enter http://fusion.tvaddons.ag
- Then select OK
- Now select “Enter a name for the media source”
- Enter “kodi indigo” or any other name you’d like
- Select OK
- Then press Back on your remote (or press Esc on a PC keyboard) to return to the Kodi Krypton menu
- From the Kodi Krypton homescreen, go to Add-Ons
- Then go to Program Add-Ons
- Select Install From Zip File
- Then choose the new source you added, “kodi indigo”
- Now select “begin-here”
- Then choose “plugin.program.indigo-1.0.4.zip” (the version number may be slightly different)
- Wait a minute or so for Indigo to install. Indigo is the new name for the Fusion installer by the TVAddons team ;)
- After the “Indigo Wizard” addon-enabled notification appears, return to the Kodi 17 homescreen.
- Then go to Add-Ons
- Now select Program Add-Ons
- Then choose Indigo
- After Indigo Wizard launches, choose Config Wizard.
- Then select “Yes” or “Install” to install Kodi 17 Config Wizard
- After the Kodi 17 Config Wizard installer is done, exit out of Kodi (if it doesn’t exit itself). Then re-launch Kodi.
- When Kodi re-launches, let it update itself
- Then go to Add-Ons
- Now select a TVAddon such as cCloud TV
- Then choose a sub-menu, such as “Top 5“
- In the TV Addon’s sub-menu, choose a Streaming Video item, such as “Comedy Central“
- Then wait for the TV Addon to connect to the Source and start playing the stream.
Best Kodi 17 Builds
1. Config Wizard
The Kodi 17 Config Wizard is a great starter build, which is lightweight.
- Contains the best TV Addons for Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, and even some others on top of that.
- You can install the Config Wizard in Kodi Krypton (aka Kodi 17) by using the steps above!
- The Config Wizard is installed using the new incarnation of the XBMC Fusion Installer – known as Indigo.
What is Kodi 17 Config Wizard? It’s actually a Kodi 17 Build. Config Wizard is a lightweight Kodi build. For heavier Kodi 17 Builds, see the list below this step-by-step guide.
For gnarlier Kodi builds, keep reading.
2. No Limits Magic Build
One of the best and most comprehensive builds.
- Utilizes Aeon Nox 5 Silvo Skin for a beautiful display.
- This build is updated & maintained on a regular basis.
- Includes best Kodi addons such as Phoenix, Exodus, Specto Fork, the best Live TV IPTV Addons.
- Main sections: Movies, Live TV Channels / IPTV, Sports, Adult (XXX)
3. Hard Nox by SpinzTV
With a friendly user interface and wide selection of streaming apps, Hard Nox is a great Kodi build to check out. Includes:
4. Tomb Raider Build for Krypton
Contains these types of streaming content:
- Movie addons
- TV Shows
- Live TV Channels for Kodi (“IPTV”)
Install Tomb Raider Build by Adding a new source in Kodi with the URL below:
Tomb Raider Build Install URL for 2017: http://echocoder.com/repo
Repository name: Echo Repo
5. Schism Build for Kodi
This is a multi-function build that actually contains at least 7 sub-builds. You can change the sub-build by changing the Skin!
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Schism can be installed by adding the address below as a New Source in Kodi’s File Manager (just like in the steps at the top of this page).
Schism Build Download (“Source URL”): http://www.schism-tv.net/repo/
The sub builds of Schism include:
- Estuary Schism
- Mimic Build of Schism
- Schism Origins
- Anniversary Edition of Schism
6. The Beast Krypton 17 Version
The Beast now has a version specially made for Kodi 17 Krypton!
Kodi 17 Updates
Let Kodi 17 Update itself if it seems like it wants to – meaning it will be “laggy” for a moment as it displays “Add-On Updated” notifications in the top right corner). So just let Kodi auto-update!
Kodi 17 No Stream Available?
If the first source you try doesn’t work, try a different source or try a different TV Addon, such as Exodus!
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.