This Kodi 17.3 install guide shows you how to install the latest version of Kodi on Amazon FireStick, Android, and Windows OS.
WHAT’S NEW IN KODI 17.3?
Kodi 17.0 Krypton brought with itself a ton of improvements, however, there were quite a few bugs and issues with the initial Kodi 17.0 release. The later Kodi releases have fixed many of the bugs and security issues found in the initial release. Given below are the fixes that were made in the recent Kodi 17.2 and Kodi 17.3 release.
Fixes done is Kodi 17.2
- Fix selection after channelgroup switching in PVR guide window
- Fix handling of gaps that caused eradic behaviour in EPG grid
- Allow backing out of fullscreen pictures by mapping longpress guesture
- Quick fix for wake up command not being called in PVR power management
- Use alternative method to check if platform updates have been installed on Windows
- Set the minimum version in the code which is currently OSX 10.8
- Fix possible security flaw which could abused .zip files which try to traverse to a parent directory
- Use the correct ttc font from the video file for subtitles on Windows
- Detect and delete zero-byte database files which causes crashes
Fixes done in Kodi 17.3
- Fixed missing binary add-ons on release time
- Fixed crash on older distros like Ubuntu 14.04 with GCC 4.8 compiler
KODI 17.3 INSTALL GUIDE
The method of installing Kodi differ from one platform to another. Here we have discussed how to install it on Amazon FireStick, Android, and Windows OS.
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (220.127.116.11) now.
Kodi 17.3 Install Guide (Amazon FireStick)
- Using your FireStick / Fire TV, go to the Home screen by pressing the Home button on the Fire TV remote.
- Enable ADB Debugging on your Fire TV by going to the System / Settings area. Make sure ADB Debugging is Enabled and Apps From Unknown Sources are both enabled, because Kodi requires that both of these are turned on to install.
- After these are enabled, return to the Fire TV home screen
- Go to Search
- Search for “Downloader“
- If you haven’t already done so, select the word “Downloader” to search for the Downloader app
- In the search results, select “Apps & Games” (for the updated version of Amazon Fire OS)
- Now select Download or Install or OK
- Wait a few seconds for the Kodi Downloader app to install
- Now select OPEN using the Fire TV Remote to launch the Downloader app
- In the Downloader app, Enter “http://bit.ly/kodi173arm” without the quotes.
- The link above is the shortlink to direct download the Kodi 17.3 (“Krypton”)
- For Kodi Release Candidate 3 FireStick installer file (“apk file”), enter http://bit.ly/kodi17rc3
- Select DOWNLOAD
- Wait for the Kodi download to complete.
- If the Downloader app doesn’t launch the Kodi installer for you, then select “Open File“.
- After the Kodi installer launches, your Fire TV should ask if you’d like to “Install” or “Cancel”. Select “Install“.
- Wait for Kodi to install.
- After Kodi installs, select “Open App” or “Launch App” to launch Kodi for the first time
Watch the Kodi 17.3 install video for FireStick on our YouTube channel
Kodi 17.3 Install Guide (Android)
- If your Android device has Google Play Store installed, open it. If your device does not have Google Play Store, watch this video tutorial made by us
- Now search for “Kodi” in the Google Play Store
- Select the official Kodi app in the search results
- Click Install
- Kodi 17.3 will download and install on your device
- Click Open to launch Kodi
Kodi 17.3 Install Guide (Windows 8, Windows 10)
- Launch any browser on your computer
- Enter this URL and press enter: https://kodi.tv/download
- Scroll down and select Windows from the list of available operating systems
- Now select INSTALLER (32 BIT) in front of the “Release” tag
- The installer will start downloading
- When the download completes, open the installer
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Kodi 17.1 Krypton
- Once the installer installs Kodi 17.3 Krypton on your Windows machine, you can launch Kodi by finding it in the Start Menu and clicking on Kodi
- For security and online privacy, it is highly recommended that you use a good VPN with Kodi 17.3
- Kodi 17.3 Security Notice: Since the release of Kodi 17.3, users in UK and US have reported receiving DMCA letters. As a Kodi user, I protect my streaming data with a VPN so I don’t receive DMCA letters in the mail. After you install Kodi, I suggest you do the same and use my exclusive coupon code FIRETV25 to take 60% off a 1 Year subscription. Then use my VPN setup videos & written guides to set up the VPN on any device (or all devices)