This Kodi 17.1 How-to-Use Guide shows you the ins and outs of Kodi 17.1 Krypton. First, we break down v17.1 of the Kodi home theatre software to let you in on the key differences between Kodi 17.1 and previous versions.
After that, we show you how to Install Kodi 17.1 on FireStick, how to install TV Addons, and even how to protect & unblock your Kodi streams. This way, you enjoy movies and TV shows at their fullest without worry.
*** If you’d prefer to watch the YouTube video tutorial version of this guide, here it is:
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (220.127.116.11) now.
Or continue with the written guide:
In this Kodi 17.1 How-to-Use tutorial, we cover the following sub-topics:
- How to Use Kodi 17.1 Krypton (overview – directly below)
- Kodi 17.1 on FireStick Install Tutorial
- How to Install Kodi 17.1 Addons
- Kodi 17.1 Exodus Installation Guide
Kodi 17.1 How-to-Use (Overview)
Here are the main differences between Kodi 17.1 and previous versions (like Kodi 16 Jarvis) which a Kodi user might notice:
- Where did “SYSTEM” go?! From the Kodi 17.1 home screen, you must go to the “gear” icon to access the SYSTEM menu. This leads you into the main area you use to install Kodi 17.1 TV Addons and perform other Kodi app installs / maintenance tasks.
- So, where is File Manager? Once you’re in the Kodi SYSTEM area, you will see “File Manager“. This is how you access the File Manager in Kodi 17.1 Krypton.
- And where is Install From Zip File?? The Kodi 17 “Install From Zip File” option is located under “Add-Ons” in the Kodi home screen. Important Note: For Kodi 17 and Kodi 17.1, you must select the “Package” icon to see the Kodi “Install From Zip” feature.
Kodi 17.1 FireStick Install
Installing Kodi 17.1 on FireStick is just the same as our Kodi 16.1 Jarvis and Kodi 17.0 Krypton install processes.
Basically, we use the free “Downloader” app in the Amazon App Store that’s built into your Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV device. Here’s how:
- From the FireStick / Fire TV homescreen, go to Settings
- Then go to System. Then go to developer options.
- Now enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB debugging
- Then return to the Fire Stick home screen
- Now go to Search
- Then enter “Downloader“
- In the results, select “Downloader”, then press the button to Install the Downloader app
- After the app installs, launch / “Open” the App
- Then enter “https://bit.ly/kodi173arm” into the box in the Downloader app’s screen
- Press “Download“
- Wait for Kodi to download
- Then the Kodi installer file (“apk file“) will launch
- Press “Install“
- Then wait for Kodi to install
- After Kodi installs, press “Open“
- Kodi will now launch.
- After Kodi launches, make sure you install Kodi 17.1 Addons and protect & unblock your Kodi 17.1 streams.
Here’s a YouTube video tutorial I made to walk you through the Kodi 17.1 FireStick Install process step-by-step:
Kodi 17.1 Exodus
- Kodi 17 Exodus works on Kodi 17.1 just as it did for Kodi 17.0 Krypton and Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
- To install Kodi 17.1 Exodus, use our Kodi 17 Exodus install guide or use Indigo Wizard to install Exodus via AddOn Installer or Kodi 17 Config Wizard.
Kodi 17.1 Addons
Installing TV Addons in Kodi 17.1 Krypton is a piece of cake! Just use the Indigo Wizard tool that Team TVAddons made for us.
Use my YouTube video above to install addons in Kodi 17.0, which is just the same for Kodi 17.1.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.