Kodi 17.1 Download Firestick Guide was created to give all lovers and users of Kodi a hands-on tutorial on how to download the new Kodi 17.1 FireStick which was recently released.
You might be thinking that the new Kodi 17.1 is hard to download and install, but that is not so as this guide simplifies all the process of downloading Kodi 17.1 on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Just follow this Kodi 17.1 download Firestick guide, and you are good to go.
Why You Should Download the New Kodi 17.1 Firestick
To be able to continue enjoying TV Addons and streaming on Kodi, users must now download and install the Kodi 17.1 Firestick because most of the streaming sources are now moving to HTTPS for security reasons. Only Kodi 17.1 Krypton and future versions support HTTPS. This means that users of Kodi with previous versions will not be able to use most TV Addons and streaming sources.
Important Security Notice:
It is paramount that access and uses Kodi 17.1 on your Amazon Firestick through an excellent VPN like IPVanish. By using a VPN like IPVanish, you will get complete access to all add-ons on Kodi and even censored content on Kodi.
VPN allows you to stay completely anonymous while streaming with your Firestick. Users do face a lot of issues when streaming without a VPN.
It is, therefore, advisable you use my recommended VPN, IPVanish.
How to download Kodi 17.1 on Amazon Firestick
You can download the new Kodi 17.1 on Amazon Firestick either using the Download App or through ES File Explorer.
Kodi 17.1 Download Firestick Guide Using ES File Explorer
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Open Amazon Fire Stick
- Choose Settings
- Select Device
- Select Developer Options
- Tap on App from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging to enable the setting on Kodi 17.1
- After turning on of this feature, you will receive a warning message saying “When you use applications from unknown sources, your Amazon Fire TV Stick and personal data are less secure and there is a risk of unexpected behaviour. You agree that you are solely responsible for any damage to your device or loss of data that may result from using these applications”. Agree and select Turn On
- Go Back to the Home Screen of Fire TV
- Select Search
- Type ES File Explorer in the search field and press enter
- All available applications will be shown in the search result, search for ES File Explorer
- Now Select ES File Explorer
- Select Download
- Now select open
- A new window popups showing the Home Screen of ES File Explorer
- Choose Favorite
- Now select Add
- In the URL Field, enter Http://bit.ly/kodi17arm and use any name you can remember in the Pathname
- Select Add
- The Kodi File has now been added. You can locate the newly added Kodi File on the left-hand panel of ES File Explorer on your device.
- Scroll down and select the name you use in step 17
- It will take you to an Official Kodi download page
- Scroll down until you reach “Older releases.”
- Select “Older releases.”
- Choose Android under the new window that pops up
- Now choose arm/
- Then select Kodi-17-ameabi-v7a.apk
- The download will start immediately. You will see the download in front of you on the screen.
- Select open file after downloading Kodi 17.1
- Select Install
- The Installation process will now proceed. Wait as it may take some minutes to complete.
- Select Open
- Now you can enjoy Kodi 17.1 on your Amazon Firestick as the process is now complete.
- Download several add-ons to your Amazon Firestick and enjoy streaming of favourite videos on your latest Kodi 17.1 as Kodi 17.1 download Firestick guide is complete.
Kodi 17.1 Download Firestick Guide on Amazon Firestick Using the Kodi Downloader App
The second method of downloading Kodi 17.1 on your Fire TV Stick is through the Downloader App as described below.
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV by pressing the Fire TV remote home button.
- Go to the System/Settings area.
- Choose developer options
- Enable both ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources. This is particularly very important because you won’t be able to use Kodi without turning them on
- Return to the home screen of Fire TV
- Go to search
- Search for the “Downloader” using the search bar
- You will see the Downloader App in the search results
- Now select Download or Get
- Wait for Kodi Downloader app to download and install.
- After Downloader app installs, you can now launch the app with the Fire TV Remote
- Enter “Http://bit.ly/kodi17arm” without the quotes into the download app when asked to input the URL of the file you will like to download
- Select the Download Button
- After hitting enter, you will be asked to open the URL in a web browser.
- Choose open in browser
- You will now be taken to the official download page of Kodi
- Scroll down to the page and choose Android
- Select ARMV7A which is for 32-bit devices
- Your Kodi 17.1 will start downloading immediately on your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Select install after the end of the process
- Now select open
- You can now start streaming on your Amazon Fire TV Stick as your Kodi 17.1 has been successfully downloaded and Installed. Once you are able to install addons it means Kodi 17.1 Download Firestick has been followed as laid out here.
- Note that you must use a VPN like IPVanish to have full anonymity while streaming.
The last process above is critical as it protects you from getting harassed by the DMCA. Some users have complained of receiving letters from the DMCA about copyright infringements and violations. It also prevents your internet connection from being monitored by your service providers who can throttle your connection if they suspect any copyright infringement in your streaming of movies and TV Shows on Kodi.
Sometimes you can see an error when trying to install the downloaded Kodi 17.1 (an error that specifically says “cannot download OBB”). Try to restart Kodi until the error disappears.