The Amazon Firestick has become a high-tech gift that just keeps on giving. When you jailbreak Firestick, you open up areas of the device that were previously out of reach. The term can also strike fear into the heart of beginners as the word “brick” is generally not far behind.
Compared to other gadgets, the Firestick is a simple device. That means you don’t need to worry about buffering issues or bricks if you follow our streaming tips and use our method to jailbreak Firestick apps.
Meanwhile, here’s Doc Squiffy on Youtube speaking about a new updated tutorial for How to Jailbreak the Firestick & Fire TV.
What is a Firestick Jailbreak?
Amazon FireStick is a fantastic streaming device. The reason it has shot to popularity is its simple, feature-rich, and cost-effective nature. It allows you to convert any regular TV with an HDMI port into a smart TV. So you can stream content directly from several online entertainment services such as Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and other similar TV networks.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
That’s all fun and games until you come across one major limitation of this streaming device. To use all the apps and streaming media from these services, you need to pay a subscription fee. And this subscription doesn’t come cheap. You have to shell out a big portion of your budget if you want everything from Live Tv to Movies, TV shows, and more.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
That’s where FireStick Jailbreak comes into play.
When you jailbreak a FireStick, you get free access to third-party streaming services or free jailbreak apps. With these third-party apps, you get instant access to all of your favorite movies, TV series, Live TV, documentaries, sports, and much more!
What it means to ‘Jailbreak’ a Fire TV or FireStick
No doubt, Jailbreaking is quite a catchy word.
That’s why its usage has spread beyond its technical meaning. People use to describe a wide range of methods and techniques intended to bypass manufacturer restrictions or get unauthorized third-party applications on various platforms.
Is It Legal to Jailbreak a Firestick?
In essence, Jailbreaking a FireStick is a completely safe and legal procedure, and it does not involve any technical understanding of the operating system. And neither does it void your warranty.
Keep in mind, that the caveat to what I just wrote above assumes you are NOT streaming copyrighted content, in which case, you’re clearly crossing a grey area.
Keep in mind, jailbreaking a Firestick is legal since you own the device, and it doesn’t void the warranty, BUT, you might be installing apps to give you access to “unrestricted content”, and in that case, and if that’s what you’re doing, then you’re best to use a VPN to stream anonymously. (Here’s the product we recommend and use). We discuss this more a bit later.
In order to safeguard your privacy, you should consider using a VPN – we cover that in a bit more detail further in the article.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
Anyone can jailbreak FireStick within a minute (we will get to that in a later section of the article). For now, you just need to understand that Jailbreaking is done by changing a simple feature in the settings of Amazon FireStick.
A similar technique is known as Rooting. Rooting is performed on Android devices (FireStick also uses Android OS) and gives you access to the source code. Once you have access to the source code, you can do extreme things such as removing the OS itself and replacing it entirely with another. Rooting allows you to tweak device appearance and add/remove customization options.
Jailbreaking does not allow a user to change the source code of the device. That’s why both of these terms (and processes) are totally different from each other. Unfortunately, that hasn’t stopped people from using these terms interchangeably. Out of both terms, Rooting is certainly a more extreme step.
Then there is another word, “Sideloading.” Sideloading means adding unapproved third-party applications to Android with the help of Downloader. Sideloading is a relatively simple process that needs no changes in the source code. It merely means enabling the developer mode on an Android device. However, you don’t need to be a developer to sideload an application.
If you want to get the best out of your firestick device then you have to install third-party apps, to install third-party apps on your device you have to jailbreak your firestick device.
Another term used in popular culture is Unlocking. People even pay an extra $20 to get an unlocked FireStick from Amazon or eBay. Unlocking is another term for jailbreaking. There’s no difference in the procedure. In fact, you can even use both of these terms interchangeably in the context of FireStick without any problem.
Because FireStick’s OS is based on Android, you can sideload third-party apps not found in the official Amazon App Store. Some of these APKs work better than others. The reason is, that your TV does not have a rotating touch screen. You can overcome this problem with several techniques, but that’s a topic for some other day.
So, sideloading is all we’re talking about when we discuss Jailbreaking a FireStick or unlocking it. A Jailbroken or unlocked FireStick device is merely a FireStick with sideloaded apps. Some of the jailbreaking guides specifically focus on sideloading Kodi on FireStick. Anyway, it doesn’t matter how you slice and dice it, there’s nothing jailbroken about Jailbreaking a FireStick. It’s just sideloading rebranded into a cool-sounding name.
To sum up the entire discussion, Jailbreaking, Unlocking, and Sideloading are the same procedure. You can use each of them interchangeably without any problem. Rooting, on the other hand, is a totally different procedure. It involves making changes to the source code of a particular device. This isn’t possible in terms of FireStick. Therefore when someone says rooting a FireStick, they probably mean just jailbreaking.
Why do you Jailbreak a FireStick?
As we previously discussed, Jailbreaking a FireStick gives you access to an unlimited number of third-party apps. You can use these apps to download or stream TV shows, Films, Live TV, Sports, Kids’ Entertainment, Politics, and whatnot without charging you a dime. Otherwise, premium streaming services like Hulu and Netflix cost you quite a sum in regular subscription charges.
The unlimited capacity of jailbreaking makes it prone to misuse. Users can stream illegal content without any check. That’s why Amazon childproofed and protected the FireStick from limiting piracy violations. This ensures no one downloads and installs free apps like Kodi by mistake. So when you are jailbreaking a FireStick to watch illegal piracy-protected software, you are solely responsible for your actions.
Is it Safe to Jailbreak a FireStick?
The answer to this often asked question is a big resounding YES. Jailbreaking, Unlocking, or Hacking FireStick is not illegal at all. It is totally legal just because when you purchase a FireStick device, it becomes your personal property. You can do whatever you like with it. As long as you are not interfering with other people’s enjoyment of infringing national statute, all is good.
Moreover, the fact that Amazon itself has put this feature in the settings further cements the legality of jailbreaking a FireStick. You can even install Kodi on FireStick without any legal issues.
However, there’s a catch here. Installing Kodi and its addons on your device opens up an ocean of free multimedia content.
While jailbreaking isn’t illegal, what you do with it can be. For example, if you are watching copyright-protected content on Kodi, you can get in legal trouble either with your government or the local Internet Service Provider (ISP). They can strike your account down, put a financial penalty or even drag you to the courts.
Installation of VPN to Jailbreak FireStick safely
To circumvent this problem, use a VPN. A Virtual Private Network or, in short, a VPN is a private network that gives your online anonymity and privacy on a public internet connection. It masks your IP Address therefore your online traffic becomes virtually untraceable. What’s more, a VPN also helps you bypass any geo-restricted content on the interwebs.
Before you jailbreak your FireStick device, we strongly recommend using a VPN for safety and security. There are several free VPNs available in the market, but don’t go for a free VPN. It will only compromise your privacy. Instead, use a premium VPN service like IPVanish.
Long-time readers of our site know that we recommend IP Vanish for several reasons.
What is IP Vanish, and why use it?
IPVanish is one of the fastest, most secure, and most reliable VPN services available today. It is totally Kodi and Firestick friendly and straightforward to install on your Amazon FireStick device. It has won several accolades in the cybersecurity space. In 2017, it has been named the Best VPN at the 11th Annual T3 Awards.
Dubbed the “Oscars of Tech,” the T3 Awards are the most esteemed in the digital industry. They recognize the greatest gadgets, most innovative services, and the brands revolutionizing how we live. The Best VPN award is given to the world’s premier VPN brand and is presented in association with Techradar Pro.
There are a lot of VPN services out there, IPVanish is voted as the best VPN provider.
In BestVPN.com’s own words:
“…IPVanish is the clear overall winner.”
IPVanish is the best and fastest VPN service.
It takes the cake for quick setup, a friendly user interface, strong encryption protocols, multi-platform compatibility, split tunneling, and an ultra-wide server network. However, this premium VPN service comes at a very reasonable cost. As of writing this article, a 6 months VPN subscription costs under $5 a month. The good news is, that IPVanish offers a 30-day no-quibble money-back guarantee and 24/7 live chat support.
So your money is pretty safe.
How To Jailbreak Firestick?
Unlocking your streaming sticks’ full capabilities can be as simple as allowing downloads and installs from unknown sources. It can also be quite difficult if you decide to travel down the Kodi road and don’t know the scene yet. We will help you out in either case whether you want to try something new like FileLinked or prefer classics like FireDL and the Downloader to jailbreak Firestick apps. Those last two are still great options, but sometimes simplicity is the best way to go.
Setup Amazon FireStick
Before you learn how to jailbreak a FireStick device, you have to prepare the setup. The very first step is registering for a Free Amazon account. Go to the official Amazon website and create your login credentials. You will need this information when you are first setting up the FireStick.
Jailbreak Firestick with FileLinked
We have discussed sideloading through apps through various means at length here on KodiFireTVStick, but this time around we are going to kick things off with an app called FileLinked – formerly DroidAdmin. The program is extremely easy to use, and while it handles things a little differently, you will not need to worry about a Firestick brick when using this handy Android app.
This app allows you to download multiple files at once and takes typing long URLs out of the equation. Even with the new Alexa voice remote, it can still be difficult to find what you want without typing. FileLinked takes care of that issue in short order although the code-based setup may take some getting used to if you are used to programs like the Downloader app, Apps2Fire, or another sideloading method.
The FileLinked APK is easy to download as well considering you don’t have to jump to Google Play or “shoot” anything to your streamer from a phone or tablet. You can download this one directly from the Amazon App Store, and it uses a simple, but a unique system involving codes.
To jailbreak Firestick using FileLinked, head to the Amazon App Store and download the program. Once it’s ready to go, you simply need to fire up the app and enter a code to head to a new kind of app store. While it may seem confusing at first, those codes send you to a repository of sorts that can have a single file or dozens of them. As you can see by the screenshot below, many of the FileLinked APK stores are packed to the brim with streaming goodies…
When you find a streaming app you like, you simply need to click the download button and wait. Once the download is complete, you will need to install the app so don’t back out just yet. Click the app again, and now you will see the familiar Android installation screen. Click install, and once it has completed the process, the app is loaded in your Firestick and ready to stream. Jailbreak Firestick apps are plentiful (at the moment) so be wary of ones you haven’t heard of, and check in with the community when all else fails.
Remember, when you are in an APK store, check everything out and write down the code. Once you back out, you are prompted to enter a new code, so it pays to keep track of the ones you like. That said, just like with Kodi addons, what’s here today may be down tomorrow so you may want to keep a running list of jailbroken Firestick apps.
Another cool feature of FileLinked is the fact it lets you make your very own APK store and share files with the masses if you choose. If this is something you are interested in, check out this tutorial which shows you how to make your own codes and install FileLinked as well.
For our ultimate guide on installing FileLinked and a list of the best FileLinked codes, check out this FileLinked article.
Jailbreak Firestick With Downloader
Step 1: Install Downloader
First, we install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
- Select the Search icon in the top left part of the Firestick home screen
- Enter the word “downloader” into the Search box
- Select Downloader by navigating to it and then press the Center button on the Firestick remote
- In the search results, under Apps & Games, select Downloader
- Press Download
- Then press Open to launch Downloader
Now that Downloader is installed, we use it to install APK Time.
Step 2: Install APKTime
Now we install our app store: APK time.
- In Downloader, enter the address http://bit.ly/apktimeforfirestick
- Then press Go
- When Firestick launches the APK Time installer, press Install
- Then press Open after APKTime is finished installing
Now that APK Time is installed, we use APK Time to install our first set of apps.
APKTime Bug Alert (Minor): There seems to be a bug in APKTime that can be confusing. Basically, this happens when you scroll down and then want to scroll back up. But APKTime won’t let you scroll up until you press the Down button once first. Be aware of this and just deal with it – it’s worth it.
Step 3: Install Apps from APKTime
To install apps from APK Time, just use the steps below:
- Search for an app or navigate to an interesting content category in APK Time
- Now scroll down until you see the app you’re looking for
- Press the Download button and wait for the installer to launch
- Then press Install
- When the app is finished installing, select Done
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 with new apps
For example, free TV Show and Movie apps can be found under the Entertainment section:
- Freeflix HQ
- OneBox HD
And there are some great Live TV Apps under APKTime’s Live section:
- Freeflix TV
- Live Lounge
- Live NetTV
- Redbox TV
- TV Tap Pro – Firestick and Android Boxes
And as a bonus, here are the best Music apps from APKTime’s music section:
- TuneIn Radio
Installation of Kodi
Let’s take a look at how you can install Kodi on FireStick.
- First of all, you need to jailbreak a FireStick so that you can install Kodi (a third-party app).
- Get the Downloader app. It’s an app available in the official AppStore for downloading third-party apps. Go to the search icon located on the home screen of your FireStick and type Downloader.
- In the list of search results, click on the orange-colored Downloader icon by pressing the OK button on your remote control.
- Click OK again to initiate the download and installation. Wait a few moments. Depending on the quality of your internet connection, this can take a few moments.
- Once Downloader has been installed, open the app. Afterward, click on the URL field shown on the right-hand side of the window. By default, it will show HTTP://.
- With the help of the on-screen keyboard, type one of the following URL
Best URL to use – http://kodi.tv/downloadFor the latest Kodi 18.5 Leia:http://bit.ly/kodi1805
For the Kodi 19 RC1 download: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/snapshots/
- Tap Go to start the download process. Once it’s downloaded, click Install and wait for a few moments again until you see the “App Installed” message.
That’s it.You’ve successfully installed Kodi on FireStick.
Installation of Add-ons on KODI
It is pertinent to note that most Kodi addons come from third-party sources. You cannot integrate them right away. That’s because Kodi has a security setting that stops the installation of all third-party add-ons. You have to change this setting first to install your favored add-ons. Follow the steps below to do this:
First of all, open the Settings option from the Kodi Home screen.
Next, tap on System Settings (It will be called System on Kodi 18 or above)
Go to Add-ons on the left-hand side of the display.
Enable the option that says Unknown Sources. If prompted, click yes.
Now you can go on to install any addon you like.
For better understanding, below is how you can install any Add-on on Kodi. For this tutorial, we are taking Exodus Redux as an example.
However, the steps remain the same for any other addon.
- Open Kodi and go to Settings.
- Tap on File Manager
- Next, click on Add Source in the list of options.
- In the Add file source prompt, click <None>
- Now enter the URL of the App you want in the empty field on top and hit OK.
- Type a name under the “Enter a name for this media source” field and hit the OK button. We’re calling it “Redux Addon” here.
You have added the source. Now proceed to the following steps.
- On the Kodi, Home page click Add-ons.
- Tap the open box (Installer package) icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- In the list of options, click on Install from Zip File.
- Now you have to click the name (“Redux Addon”)which you selected for the source file earlier. Hit OK to start the installation.
- Wait a few moments until you see the repository installation notification in the top right corner of the window.
- Next, click on the Install from Repository option.
- In the following list of repositories, locate the repository you installed earlier (Exodus Redux repository)
- Tap on the Video Add-ons option
- Now click the Kodi Add-on you want to install from this repository and hit Install. If you’re using Kodi 18, you will see an additional popup message. Hit Okay and continue.
Wait a few moments for the Addon installed pop-up in the top right corner.
You have installed your preferred addon on Amazon.
What are Video Addons?
Kodi is merely a media player. It has no library of video content to let you stream straightaway. Instead, you have to install video addons on Kodi. These addons are tiny software packages that connect your Kodi media player to the wider pool of video content available on the internet. You need at least one video addon to start streaming your preferred content directly on your TV. There’s no way to use Kodi and watch videos without these add-ons.
We have compiled a list of the best Kodi addons for FireStick, which you can read here. In the same article, you can read our review of these add-ons and the reason why they are more popular. To give you a brief rundown, below are the most popular addons:
Head over to the full article for a better understanding of each addon.
What are Kodi Builds?
Builds for Kodi are different plugins that lend an entirely different visual makeover to the media player. They make it more organized by changing the layout. While add-ons are a must for Kodi, Builds are a luxury. You can do it even without a build if you like the default Kodi user interface.
But builds are certainly more exciting. Besides, the biggest advantage of a build is that it comes with prebuild Kodi video addons. You can find several video add-ons in different content categories like Films, Tv series, Live Tv, Kids’ Entertainment, Sports, News, and much more. This can save you from the hassle of downloading multiple addons individually.
What’s more, top Kodi builds keep these video addons up to date with their latest versions. Below are the top recommendations for the best Kodi Builds. Try them and witness how these change your Kodi experience.
How To Install Local TV Channels On Amazon FireStick
Anything delivered over the air and received by an antenna is local programming. It typically originates from networks like FOX, ABC, NBC, PBS, and CBS. Besides, there are offshoot broadcasts from local stations that offer classic TV programming and more.
Now, there are four different ways you can access local channels on your FireStick. These are:
- Individual network
- Steaming services of local TV providers
- Third-party apps and services
- Over the air hardware
The best and legal method to get local tv channels is to utilize a network-specific app. Its only drawback is that you will need a subscription package to make it work. However, its advantage is that you get access to a particular network’s entire content library.
To get local TV channels on your FireStick, your local TV provider’s subscription plan is the first thing you need. Once you have its login credentials, FireStick will use this information to pair its network applications with your subscription plan.
For this step-by-step tutorial, we are using the NBC app as an example. We are also assuming you already have your local TV provider’s subscription plan.
Let’s take a look at how you can do that.
- Press the UP button repeatedly on your remote until you see the Home category highlighted on the screen. Then press the right navigation button to highlight the Apps field.
- Now, hit the Select button and go to the submenu that appears below Apps. Highlight the Features option and then go to Categories. Hit the Select button again.
- In the list of categories, navigate to the Movies & TV and press the Select button. Now, on the following screen, you should be able to see dedicated apps for all the major local networks.
- Navigate to your preferred app and hit the Select button. Afterward, highlight the Get button and Select it again. This should start downloading your preferred app on FireStick.
- Open the app. We’re using the NBC app for this tutorial. Navigate to the Live category on the top of the screen.
- Next, you need to select a broadcast station. You should see an entire listing of TV providers such as DirecTV, Verizon, Cox, etc. Select your service provider.
- Enter the login credentials. And that’s it. You are all set to watch your local TV channels on Amazon FireStick. Happy Streaming!
- You can also use any of the streaming service providers such as Sling TV, Tubi TV, YouTube TV, etc, that provide access to local TV channels. Sling TV’s pricing plan starts at around $15 a month.
Best Jailbreak Apps for FireStick
Premium media streaming apps are costly. Their content is also limited, which leaves you no choice but to subscribe to multiple services at the same time. This can further dent your monthly budget. Fortunately, Jailbreaking a FireStick provides an opportunity to get your favorite content on the TV screen in a few minutes. Make sure you’re running a reliable VPN like IP Vanish before you start streaming content with jailbroken apps.
Again, the problem is, that there’s an ocean of jailbroken apps out there. To help with your viewing experience, we will be showing you some of the best jailbreak apps for FireStick. These apps are free, reliable, and have excellent uptimes. As long as you’re getting these apps from reliable sources, you don’t even have to worry about security issues. That said, let’s take a look at some of the best Jailbreak apps for FireStick.
Cinema APK: Jailbreak for Movies & TV Shows
Cinema APK is a rather new yet excellent resource for on-demand and streaming content. It’s a top Terrarium alternative, offering a huge library of movies, TV series, and much more. With Cinema APK, you never run out of streaming options. It’s a perfect app for binge content on a slow Sunday morning. Here’s how you can install it on FireStick:
(This guide assumes you have already enabled third-party apps on your FireStick device)
- The first thing you need to do is to install Downloader on FireStick. It helps with sideloading third-party APKs.
- Next, go to the Search option. Type Downloader and get the said app from the official App Store.
- Open the installed Downloader app and navigate to the URL field on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Using the on-screen keypad, type the address https://bit.ly/cinemafirestick and hit GO:
- Wait a few moments as Downloader gets the Cinema APK for you. Once the download finishes, install the APK by selecting your preferred settings on the following screens.
- Wait a few moments as FireStick installs Cinema APK.
- Once finished, clicking done takes you back to the Downloader App. Using your remote control, highlight the Delete option and remove the APK to save some space on your device.
You have successfully installed Cinema APK on your FireStick.
Cinema APK is one of the best Jailbreak apps for FireStick. It brings a ton of content to your screen without costing you a dime.
Mobdro: Jailbreak for Live TV
Like Cinema APK, Mobdro is another excellent jailbreak app for FireStick. It’s a free IPTV service bringing Live TV Channels from all over the world without any cost. Watch endless hours of live TV whenever you want. Mobdro has a very remote and user-friendly interface that makes navigation a breeze. Its search feature is also very convenient when looking for a particular TV channel.
To install Mobdro on FireStick, take these steps:
(Again, this guide assumes you have already enabled third-party apps on your FireStick device)
- Nothing downloads APKs on FireStick better than Downloader. In fact, it is one of the first apps you should get after setting up FireStick. So the first step is to get Downloader. Access the Search option on the Home page, look up Downloader, follow the on-screen instructions and get it installed on your device.
- Next, launch the Downloader application. On the right side of its Home screen, enter the source URL of the Mobdro APK using the on-screen keypad.
- Hit Go to start the down process. Mobdro is a very lightweight app, so the download process will not take too long.
- Once the file has been downloaded, you will see a prompt with the Next button on the screen’s bottom right corner. Hit it once to change to install, again to start the installation.
- Wait a few moments as FireStick installs Mobdro. Once you are presented with the app Installed prompt, hit done and proceed to remove the Mobdro APK from your device to free some space.
Summarization of Jailbreak FireStick
- On the home screen, go to the Home Screen of your FireStick and hover over the Settings option.
- Scroll right and select the My Fire TV option
- Next, locate Developer Options and click on it.
- Now Turn ON the option that says “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
In case you use FireStick Lite, second or third-gen, this option will be called “Install unknown apps.”
Alternate Method to Jailbreak FireStick
While Jailbreaking a FireStick using the method mentioned earlier is fairly straightforward, there are alternative ways to do the same. Below we are mentioning two alternate ways to jailbreak a FireStick device. Read on!
Method #1 – Using the ES File Explorer
The ES File Explorer method is a little complicated as you have to install ES File Explorer. While previously it was a free app available through the official store, it has turned premium this month. You need $9.99 per month to use its premium features. The good news is, that this method still works, though paying an extra 10 bucks a month on top of other premium apps may not be suitable financially.
Anyway, here is how you can Jailbreak Firestick using ES File Explorer.
- Turn on your TV and FireStick
- Go to settings and then Device
- In the submenu, Choose Developer Options
- Now, Enable Apps from Unknown Sources, if it’s not already enabled.
- Next in the same menu, enable ADB Debugging. Enabling this option allows your FireStick device to communicate with apps etc through the Android Developer Bridge.
- Next, go back to the Home page of your device.
- Hover over the Search option and type ES File Explorer using the on-screen keypad.
- Locate, select and install the ES File Explorer.
- Once the Explorer has been installed, go back to the Apps
- Here, Open the ES File Explorer app that you just installed in the previous step.
- On the Explorer, Home page, go to Tools followed by the option for Download Manager.
- In the URL path, enter the following address: http://bit.ly/kdi176
- Hit the OK button to proceed to the next step.
- Name the path. You can name it anything you want. We are calling it the “Kodi App” to differentiate it from other apps.
- Select the option for Download Now
- Once the download has finished, open the file and “Install”
- Wait a few moments for the installation process to finish.
You have installed Kodi on Firestick. Go back to your home page and start streaming with Kodi right away.
Method #2 – Sideloading Apps2Fire APK
The second alternate method to jailbreak a Firestick is sideloading Apps2Fire on your device and then using it to get Kodi.
Here’s how you can proceed.
- Turn on your TV and FireStick
- Go to settings and then Device (just like the previous method)
- In the submenu, Choose Developer Options
- Now, Enable Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Afterward, you need to connect your Android Smartphone as well as your Amazon Firestick with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Using your Smartphone, go to the official Google app store (Playstore) and install Kodi Krypton 17.6
- Next, install the Apps2Fire app from the Google Playstore
- Now you have to go to Firestick’s Home page and navigate the following path: Settings > Network > FireStick IP address. Make sure you’re using the same URL path. Also, note the IP address displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.
Now you have to pair FireStick with your Android Smartphone. To do this.
- Launch Apps2Fire on your smartphone
- Click on the three dots icon on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Setup
- Enter the IP Address of Firestick you found earlier into the given fields and hit the Save button to save your address.
That’s pretty much it. Now you can install any app on Firestick using Apps2Fire on your smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s take a cursory look at some of the most frequently asked questions.
What are the requirements to use a Jailbroken FireStick?
There are no requirements. You don’t have to be tech-savvy to use a Jailbroken FireStick. A basic understanding and know-how of using your FireStick remote to navigate through various settings are more than enough to get started.
How much does it cost to Jailbreak a FireStick?
Not a dime. Jailbreaking is a completely free-of-cost process. You don’t have to spend anything (except a little effort). When Jailbreaking a FireStick, you simply change a setting in the FireStick settings and then sideload some apps for unlimited movies, TV shows, Live TV, sports, etc.
What does it mean to jailbreak a FireStick?
It merely means installing some third-party video streaming application onto your device. It does not require making any changes on the system level, nor does it need any technical know-how. A basic understanding of sideloading app suffices to jailbreak a FireStick.
Will my FireStick become damaged if I jailbreak it?
No, not at all. Just because Jailbreak has a “break” in it doesn’t mean jailbreaking will damage your device. It’s merely a term that denotes making certain changes in FireStick settings so that you can run third-party apps without any problem.
Can you get in trouble for Jailbreaking a FireStick?
No, you won’t get in trouble for jailbreaking FireStick. It’s a harmless procedure. In fact, Amazon itself allows users to jailbreak FireStick. There are no legal consequences. However, what you do with a jailbroken FireStick can have moral consequences depending on your actions.
What can you watch on a Jailbroken FireStick?
Jailbreaking a FireStick allows you to use any third-party android app like it’s a native application. Therefore, you can watch free movies, tv shows, Live tv, entertainment, sports, documentaries, or anything else that floats your boat.
What does a Jailbroken FireStick Do?
A jailbroken FireStick brings all the third-party android applications to your FireStick. You get free access to an endless pool of visual media. So you can install any of them on your device and stream directly, at no cost. By jailbreaking, you are merely ending the manufacturer’s limitations on the device.
Do I lose the warranty on AmazonFireStick when I Jailbreak it?
One word: NO. When you jailbreak Amazon FireStick, it doesn’t invalidate your warranty. You are merely installing an app and not changing the hardware or software of the device. If you change the hardware or software, then you lose the warranty on FireStick. This is not the case with jailbreaking.
What channels are on a Jailbroken FireStick?
All the channels you want. Jailbreaking gives you free access to tons of video streaming channels. You can watch any of them, whenever you want. Meanwhile, you can continue to use the official channels that are available via the official Amazon app store.
Does jailbreaking slow down my Amazon FireStick?
No, not at all. Jailbreaking should not slow down your FireStick. Even if you are installing Kodi, it’s a very lightweight media player. It does not have any noticeable impact on device performance. However, always keep in mind that FireStick comes with very limited storage. If a lot of space is already taken up on the device, it can slow down the performance. Therefore, it’s a good idea to remove all the APKs once you are finished with the installation process.
How to Jailbreak FireStick 4K?
Well, the procedure for jailbreaking a FireStick 4K is essentially the same. In fact, this process is the same on Amazon’s entire lineup of Fire Tv devices. These include FireStick Lite, 4K, Tv Cube, and Second and third-gen FireStick devices. The method provided in this article should suffice for all of them. You don’t need any extra steps. In case you come across a unique problem that isn’t covered in this article, do let us know in the usual place. We will try our best to solve it for you.
How to jailbreak FireStick without the Amazon account?
If you don’t want to link your personal account to FireStick, there are two ways to jailbreak FireStick without the Amazon account. The first is very simple. Get a throwaway amazon account and link it to your FireStick. The second method is de-registering. Initially, you can use your original amazon account and then de-register it later after you have installed another alternate method for accessing the content.
Should I buy a fully loaded FireStick?
Not really. We are against purchasing pre jailbroken FireStick. Instead, you should buy the original device, and then make the requisite changes in the settings yourself. You never know. Those who sell you a pre-jailbroken FireStick may have tinkered with the software as well as hardware. So to stay on the safe side, it’s best to use the first-hand device.
Can you jailbreak a FireStick twice?
Not really. You can only jailbreak FireStick once by enabling third-party apps. However, you can disable these settings again if you want.
This brings us to the end of the discussion. We hope now you understand the difference between various terms associated with Jailbreaking a FireStick, how to jailbreak and how these devices work after they’re jailbroken.
You can also get the best FireStick apps, different Kodi builds, and the best Kodi Add-ons. Once you have done that, witness, how your entertainment experience elevates to a new level.
To stay safe, we recommend always purchasing the first-hand FireStick and using a reliable VPN service like IP Vanish to protect your identity.
We hope everything works great for you. Feel free to reach out if you’re stuck during the installation phase.
Thank you for reading!
- 1 What is a Firestick Jailbreak?
- 2 What it means to ‘Jailbreak’ a Fire TV or FireStick
- 3 Why do you Jailbreak a FireStick?
- 4 Is it Safe to Jailbreak a FireStick?
- 5 Installation of VPN to Jailbreak FireStick safely
- 6 How To Jailbreak Firestick?
- 7 How To Install Local TV Channels On Amazon FireStick
- 8 Best Jailbreak Apps for FireStick
- 9 Summarization of Jailbreak FireStick
- 10 Alternate Method to Jailbreak FireStick
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
- 11.1 What are the requirements to use a Jailbroken FireStick?
- 11.2 How much does it cost to Jailbreak a FireStick?
- 11.3 What does it mean to jailbreak a FireStick?
- 11.4 Will my FireStick become damaged if I jailbreak it?
- 11.5 Can you get in trouble for Jailbreaking a FireStick?
- 11.6 What can you watch on a Jailbroken FireStick?
- 11.7 What does a Jailbroken FireStick Do?
- 11.8 Do I lose the warranty on AmazonFireStick when I Jailbreak it?
- 11.9 What channels are on a Jailbroken FireStick?
- 11.10 Does jailbreaking slow down my Amazon FireStick?
- 11.11 How to Jailbreak FireStick 4K?
- 11.12 How to jailbreak FireStick without the Amazon account?
- 11.13 Should I buy a fully loaded FireStick?
- 11.14 Can you jailbreak a FireStick twice?
- 12 Conclusion