Safety and speed are your top two priorities when you’re connected to a wireless network, no matter who you are or where you are. With the added threat of cybercriminals on the rise, your security online has become even more urgent.
But how can you protect yourself from these cybercriminals? There are a few options you could take. The best one is investing in an authentic VPN. But that’s not the only thing a VPN is good for. But even if you decide to get a VPN, the second question is, what should you get?
We’ve researched many great VPNs, and our favorite is the IPVanish VPN with the added WireGuard protocol. This VPN is air-tight, so you can let go of any fear of a privacy breach. Let’s go over all the reasons why the WireGuard protocol is the best VPN protocol out there.
Why Do I Need VPN?
Although getting a VPN is highly recommended, you might find yourself wondering whether you need one in the first place or not. The answer is yes; you do need VPN. And there are more than a few good reasons to get yourself a great VPN. Have a look at some of these reasons yourself:
- VPNs keep you safe on public networks. And public networks are where most security breaches occur. You won’t know what creepy cyber criminal is using the same wi-fi as you stalking you from god knows where.
- Sometimes you don’t want to let your internet service provider in on your business. Most remotely operating companies have strict privacy protocols all employees must follow. This includes hiding confidential information from even the internet service provider.
- Have you ever toggled on to a website, and they’ve asked you for your details? For example, Google demands access to your location. To avoid a potential information leak, your companies often advise the use of a VPN.
- One of the best perks is that a VPN will let you view otherwise restricted stuff as well. It isn’t the best idea, but you could sneak in and out of your Facebook at work without your boss ever noticing.
WireGuard Protocol Added to IPVanish VPN
There are different VPN protocols, including VPN tunneling protocols, used by service providers to keep your data safe. One of these types of VPN protocols is the WireGuard protocol. But how do types of VPN protocols affect your internet security? Let’s Find out.
What is WireGuard VPN Protocol for IPVanish App?
WireGuard protocol is the fastest VPN protocol for gaming and the fastest VPN protocol for streaming for all operating systems. With this protocol, you won’t be worrying about slower speeds and always have data transfer.
The WireGuard protocol is a state-of-the-art program. Its overall performance is unmatched. And for all the lucky users of the IPVanish beta program, the good news is that the WireGuard protocol is coming to IPVanish.
WireGuard vs OpenVPN
WireGuard and OpenVPN are both great options for your security online. But the question is, which one’s better?
There are a lot of things you need to consider before deciding on the superior candidate. The first thing is speed. And Wireguard is the apparent winner. The second most important thing is picking out the most secure VPN. Here’s where it truly comes neck-to-neck. Both Open VPN and WireGuard offer the same high level of internet security. Next up, the debate is over bypassing censorship. And that’s something where OpenVPN takes the lead.
There are other things you should also consider. For example, mobility and data usage are some things where WireGuard is better at. On the other hand, OpenVPN has better privacy, as well as superior VPN and device compatibility.
Other IPVanish Protocols
While the new and exciting protocol is the WireGuard protocol, there are other options you can find at IPVanish as well. So if you don’t want to use the beta version, you can choose one of these protocols instead.
Here’s a list of the other VPN protocols you get at IPVansish:
- IKEv2 (Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2)
- IPSec (Internet Protocol Security)
- PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol)
- L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol)
WireGuard on IPVanish VPN
The IPVanish beta program is currently available to the public. With the beta version, you get to try out many new features. However, there’s a catch. Many of these new features are still in their testing phase. Among these sweet features is the WireGuard Protocol. But you’ll need to follow a few steps to get this app on your devices.
How to Install IPVanish VPN with WireGuard on Firestick, Fire TV, & Android TV Box
Installing the IPVanish WireGuard isn’t a tricky process. However, depending on the device you’re using, the installation protocols might be different.
How to Turn-on IPVanish Protocols for Windows
Installing the IPVanish app in your windows operating system is a straightforward process. However, we’re here to walk you through the step-by-step process to make things easier.
Follow along and have the best VPN protocol for windows set up in no time.
- Logging On
Open the IPVanish app from your desktop or taskbar. In the pop-up menu, type in the username and password to gain access. In the new window, on the left of the screen, you should see the settings icon. Click on this icon.
- Setting Up
In the settings window, look for the connections option. Click the connection tab and open the active protocol. You’ll be able to see the WireGuard option. Click on it, and you’re all set.
Look for the quick connect option. A list of countries and cities will appear. Look for your desired countries and city. Now click connect.
Once connected, you’ll be able to minotaur your connection. At the same time, there should be a big disconnect option on the top right corner of the app. As soon as you’re done navigating, click on that button to disconnect from the private network.
How to Turn-on IPVanish Protocols for Android
Did you know IPVanish protocols can be set up on your android as well? Here’s how to do it in a few easy steps.
- Open the IPVanish application and type in your login credentials.
- After you’ve successfully logged in with your username and password, your main screen will appear. Look for the hamburger menu on the top left and tap it.
- A drop-down menu will appear; select the settings option.
- There should be two tabs in the front of you. One general and the other for connection. Toggle to the connection tab.
- Select the WireGuard beta.
- Tap on the back button. Now you can select the country and city of your choice and tap connect.
- After this, a pop-up menu will appear. Select OK.
- You can verify your connection status. In case of success, it will show a connected status. You’ll also be able to see your IP address and your desired location.
- After a successful connection, you’ll be able to see a disconnect option. When you’re done surfing. Tap the disconnect option.
How to Turn-on IPVanish Protocols for iPhone
IPVanish is by far among the best VPN protocol for iPhones. The overall performance of its beta apps is unmatched in all operating systems. Furthermore, as we’ve already discussed, the setup of IPVanish in all systems is an effortless process.
However, we’ve come up with a simple list of steps to make the whole ordeal even smoother. Setting up a VPN protocol has never been easier.
- Look for the IPVanish app on your screen. Open the app and log in with your credentials.
- Once you’ve logged in successfully, the main window will appear. On the top-right corner should be the settings icon. Once you’re able to identify it, tap it open.
- On the settings screens, you’ll be able to see many options. Look for the protocols option. Once the window is open, look for the WireGuard option. Tap on it. After selecting the WireGuard option tap done, on the top-left corner.
- Go to the dashboard. You will be able to see the cities and countries listed there. Select the country and city of your choice. Now select the connect button.
- Once you’ve come this far, a pop-up menu will appear. Click allow to proceed further.
- Finally, the Public IP and the country you selected will appear on the screen. You’ll also be able to see a big disconnect button. Once you have used the service, hit disconnect.
Is WireGuard Compatible with FireStick/Fire TV?
FireStick is a fantastic video streaming application. However, it’s not available anywhere else but in the USA. So now the question is, is it possible to have WireGuard FireStick?
Sadly, the answer is no. Maybe somewhere in the future, there will be such a possibility. But at the moment, WireGuard doesn’t operate with FireStick or Fire TV.
IPVanish is an outstanding VPN that gives you the most secure connection and excellent connection speed. It’s compatible with many operating systems, and the setup is pretty straightforward as well.
That being said, you must have a VPN set up to protect you from unforeseen circumstances. Of course, you should opt for the safest choice, which is the IPVanish WireGuard protocol. Nevertheless, whatever application you choose, remember to keep a VPN activated.
- 1 WireGuard Protocol Added to IPVanish VPN
- 1.1 What is WireGuard VPN Protocol for IPVanish App?
- 1.2 WireGuard on IPVanish VPN
- 1.3 How to Install IPVanish VPN with WireGuard on Firestick, Fire TV, & Android TV Box
- 1.4 Conclusion