This guide walks you through how to install the IPVanish Windows 10 app.
How to Setup IPVanish Windows 10 App
If you prefer to watch a video instead, then see the video tutorial I made on How to Setup IPVanish Windows 10 app (below):
- Download and install the IPVanish Windows 10 app from https://IPvanish.com
- Click “Run IPVanish”
- When Windows asks “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”, click Yes.
- Enter your IPVanish username and password. Don’t have a username? Get one from IPVanish.com using our 60% Off coupon link.
- Then click “Login”
- Now click “Connect” to automatically connect to the fastest VPN server. If you prefer to choose which Country you’d like to connect to, use the steps below.
IPVanish Choose Server: How to Select a Server
- Instead of clicking “Connect” (like in the last step above), click any of the dropdown menus which say “United States”, “Best City”, or “Best Server”.
- Then just select whichever country, city, or server to which you want to connect.
Examples of How to Choose VPN Server in IPVanish Windows 10 App
For example, if you want to connect to the fastest server in New York, then leave the “country” dropdown menu on “United States”. After that, simply just click the “Best city” dropdown menu and choose “New York”. Finally, click “Connect” to connect to the fastest New York VPN server.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (188.8.131.52).
IPVanish Kill Switch
The IPVanish Windows 10 app contains a kill switch feature. The kill switch turns off your Internet connection in case you lose connectivity to the IPVanish VPN server. Why would we want to do this? Sometimes we use our devices to send information that we don’t want to be tracked.
How to Turn On IPVanish Kill Switch
When you use the IPVanish Windows app, there’s a switch you turn on to enable the kill switch. Here’s how to turn on the IPVanish kill switch:
- In the IPVanish Windows 10 app, click on the “Settings” button.
- Then click the “Connection” tab
- Now check the box that says “Kill Switch”
That’s it! The IPVanish kill switch is now turned on.
Optionally, you can also check the box that says Auto Reconnect. This will cause the IPVanish app to Reconnect to the VPN server in case the Kill Switch kicks in.