Browsing anonymously and securely on the web can save you from hackers and other government & non-government organizations trying to collect your data by watching the browsing history, your browser cookies, etc. We help you to maximize your online security in this article by showing you how to install IPVanish for Mac. Also take 60% off IPVanish on Mac and all operating systems.
VPN (virtual private network) helps you browse anonymously on the internet without the fear of being hacked or spoofed on. IPVanish is a premium VPN service that you can download, set up and use on all of your devices including the products supported by Apple like iPad and Mac.
Here’s my YouTube tutorial on how to install the IPVanish app for Mac. Or follow the easy step-by-step instructions shown below the video:
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
The setup process of IPVanish is super easy, and you can enjoy their service free of cost for as long as you wish. IPVanish’s premium subscription is one of the best in the industry.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Let’s take a look at the setup process of IPVanish on your Mac device.
IPVanish on Mac Quick Setup
Step 1: Download IPVanish on Mac
Downloading the IPVanish VPN on your Mac is super easy and shouldn’t take you any more than a couple of minutes. Here are some simplified steps you need to follow to download this VPN on your Mac:
- Open the web browser (Safari, Google Chrome etc.) on your Mac.
- Click on the address bar of the web browser and type this address http://bit.ly/ipvanishmac. Then press enter. This should take you to the IPVanish’s official webpage.
- On the webpage, look for the “Download Mac app” button and press it to start the download.
- The download should start and complete within a minute.
Boom! Now you have the awesome IPVanish VPN app downloaded on your Mac. Now the next step is to install it to get going. Let’s take a look at the simple process.
Step 2: Install the IPVanish Mac app:
Now you have the downloaded file of IPVanish VPN app on your Mac, here are some simplified steps you can follow to install the IPVanish app:
- In the browser, click on the bottom left side notification that shows the completed download (Or find the downloaded in your storage and click it).
- The installer should launch after clicking the .dmg file. Then a screen with both the IPVanish and the Applications folder logo in it would appear.
- Click and drag the IPVanish logo and drop it in the Applications folder.
- Now double click on the Applications folder to open it. Then find the IPVanish VPN app to access the app.
- Now the second step of installing the IPVanish VPN app on your Mac is done.
The app is now ready to use, however, if you don’t know how to set up a VPN effectively, keep on reading for further useful instructions.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to public WiFi. Secure your data.
Step 3: Launch and Use the IPVanish App
Go to the applications folder, find the IPVanish VPN app and double click to open it. Once inside the app, you can use these additional instructions to set it up:
- Once you double click the IPVanish app, it would say: “IPVanish is an application downloaded from the internet, are you sure you want to open it?” just press “open” to access the app.
- Now go back to the official IPVanish website and create a Username and Password by following the on-site instructions to log into the app.
- Click on the “Quick connect” tab and choose the green “Connect” button to start the VPN.