Important TVAddons Notice!
Check the KFire TV home page for the latest news and Kodi TVAddons information. The third-party Kodi TVAddons landscape constantly changes!
After you install Kodi on your FireTV, this is How to Install TV Addons:
UPDATE for Indigo: Indigo Wizard is now the way to install TV Addons on Kodi for FireStick.
Breaking News for June 14, 2017: The TVAddons.ag website is offline. But you can still install TV Addons by using these alternate Indigo Wizard sources (below)! Use the step-by-step tutorial further down on this page to install TV Addons in Kodi quickly and easily.
- Indigo Wizard (new source #1): http://bit.ly/indigoalt1 (Enter this “Shortlink” as the new Source in Kodi’s File Manager!)
- Alternate link for Indigo Tool (new source #2): http://bit.ly/indigoalt2a (Enter this “Shortlink” as a new Source in Kodi’s File Manager!)
- Direct Download link to Indigo Wizard ZIP File: http://bit.ly/indigoaltzip (Use the Downloader app to download this zip file directly to your Firestick / other device. Then use Kodi’s File Manager to add your Firestick’s “downloads” folder as a New Source.)
- https://github.com/kodil/kodil/blob/master/repo/plugin.program.indigo/plugin.program.indigo-2.0.1.zip for use when bit.ly links won’t resolve.
UPDATE for Kodi 17.3 Krypton: There was a security threat in Kodi 17.1 and previous versions, which allowed users to be hacked through subtitle files. Kodi 17.3 was released, which fixed this. Then Kodi 17.3 was released with more bug fixes.
After you install Indigo Wizard on Kodi, you will then have 2 methods to setup TV Addons on Kodi Firestick: Method A (Config Wizard) and Method B (AddOn Installer).
Before you install TV Addons in Kodi, we strongly recommend that you secure your Kodi streams. Why? Because U.S. Congress just repealed Internet privacy laws, which means your ISP can now legally sell your browsing history and other personal data. So watch my Kodi VPN Setup tutorials to see how to protect against it! Also take 60% off a 1 Year VPN plan when you use this coupon code / link: (FIRETV25).
Method A: Install TV Addons with Config Wizard
The steps below show you how to Install Indigo Wizard on Amazon Fire Stick so you can install TV Addons:
Install TV Addons
- From the Kodi homescreen, go to SYSTEM (which is the “gear” icon in Kodi 17)
- Then go to System Settings. Now select “Add-Ons” from the menu on the left
- Now turn on “Unknown Sources“. Then return to the Kodi homescreen.
- Then go to System > File Manager > Add Source
- Select the box on-screen that says “None“
- Then enter http://bit.ly/indigoalt1
- If the source above doesn’t work, try the alternate source http://bit.ly/indigoalt2a instead. Or enter https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/addons.superrepo.org/ instead and then browse to the “v7/addons/plugin.program.indigo/” folder to find the Indigo zip file.
- Press OK
- Then select the box that says “Enter a name for the media source”
- Now enter any name that’s easy to find again, then press OK
- Now press OK once more to finish adding the new source
- Back at the Main Menu, enter the Add-ons section
- Then go to Add-on Browser (AKA: Package Manager) > Install from zip > Select the “fusion” source you added
- If you see a /begin-here/ folder, then select it. If not, don’t worry – continue on.
- Now select the “plugin.program.indigo-x.y.z.zip” file to install TV Addons (whichever is the latest version that appears on your screen).
- After Indigo Wizard installs, go back to the Kodi home screen by pressing the Back button on the Fire TV remote.
- Then find and select Indigo Wizard under Program Add-Ons.
- After Indigo Wizard launches, select Add-Ons to install Kodi plugins one-by-one. Or select Config Wizard to install a basic Kodi “build” with many TVAddons pre-installed for you. If you install TV Addons individually, find them in the main Kodi home screen after they install and launch them individually. See more details about that in the next section of this page (below).
- If you chose to install Config Wizard, hit OK and it’ll download and install your TVaddons. Just give it a few minutes and then restart the Firestick when it’s all done. This is the step that will actually install TV Addons on your FireTV. Once your TVaddons are installed, look underneath VIDEOS in Kodi and you’ll see great TVAddons installed like SALTS, The Royal We, Genesis, Phoenix, Velocity, and 1Channel.
- Install the Firestick VPN app to protect your Kodi streams from being snooped on by your ISP.
Important: If Config Wizard asks what type of device you have, select ANDROID or Fire TV or Amazon Device, because the Fire TV and Fire Stick are basically just streaming devices which run a custom version of Android OS. Some users report that the “FireTV” option is not available for them in the Config Wizard. If this is the case, or if the steps above don’t work for you, then try this instead:
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Install TV Addons Using AddOn Installer (Method #2)
- Follow the steps above, but at Step 4, don’t install the Config Wizard zip file – install the Add On Installer zip file.
- Go to Programs > Add On Installer.
- Once you open AddOn Installer, go to Featured add-ons. Then select the addons you wish to install (one-by-one). We recommend Exodus, Phoenix, 1Channel, ChannelPEAR and other addons you can find on our list of the best Kodi addons.
This method for installing Kodi TVAddons on FireStick should work around any Config Wizard issues you may have. The fact is the Config Wizard pretty much just installs the best TVAddons. So you can do that yourself using this second method – just install the TV addons you want individually!