This tutorial shows you the latest (updated Tuesday September 22, 2020) method on How to install TV Addons (like the NEW Exodus) from Smash Repo. Smash Repo is a collection of Kodi addons, just like the old Fusion installer (aka Indigo Wizard).
But since the Fusion Installer went offline, we now use alternate TVAddons repositories to install TV Addons in Kodi.
- UPDATE: As of Tuesday September 22, 2020, SMASH repo’s original source was not online for awhile. Never fear! Use dmitrology repo instead (link below). We already replaced the broken SMASH repo URL below with the dmitrology repo for you. Continue reading to install SMASH repo using the new Source.. Thanks, Mike from FB for the tips!
Smash Repo is the best TVAddons alternative repository. So use the steps below to install it.
Or you can try one of the other Repos / Wizards in this short list:
- Ares Wizard is an all-in-one installer Wizard for Kodi 17 Krypton and other versions of Kodi. Use Ares Wizard to install Xenon Build and other great Kodi builds.
- Cazwall Repo is a Kodi TVAddons repository that hosts Exodus. You can install Exodus using Cazwall Repo or Smash Repo!
- NoobsAndNerds Repo is an excellent repository that has tons of TVAddons.
- SuperRepo is one of the oldest Kodi repositories. It’s a mega-pack of repositories, basically.
How to Install TV Addons (+Exodus from NEW Smash Repo)
- From the Kodi home screen, go to SYSTEM (in Kodi 17, the System button is a Gear icon in the top left corner of the screen)
- From the System menu, select System Settings
- Now select “Add-Ons” from the System Settings menu
- Then, in the right side of the screen, Turn on Unknown Sources. Then press “Yes” to confirm the selection.
- Now go back to the System menu.
- Then go to File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Now select the box that says “NONE”
- Then enter the address http://www.dimitrology.com/repo (because the original Smash Repo source is currently offline, http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff
- Press OK
- Now select the box that says “Enter a name for the media source”
- Enter the name “.smash” (or any name that’s easy for you to find in the next few steps). Then press OK to finish “assigning” a name to the new zip file Source we’re adding.
- Press OK once more to finish adding the new Source
- Go back to the Kodi home screen
- Then select “Add-Ons”
- Now select the Package Installer icon from the top left corner of the screen
- Then select Install From Zip File
- Now choose the new source you added, “.smash”
- Then select repository.smash.zip. This step installs Smash Repository in Kodi. Smash Repo holds the installer we’ll use in the next few steps.
- Wait for the repository to install. When it’s done, you’ll see a “Repository Installed” notification in the top right corner of the screen.
- After Smash Repo is done installing, go back to the Package Installer menu (if you need to find it again, go to Kodi’s homescreen, then Add-Ons, then Package Installer icon in the top left corner)
- From the Package Installer menu, select Install From Repository.
- Then select Smash Repository
- Now choose Video Add-ons
- Select Exodus or any other TV addon you’d like to install!
- Wait for the “Add-On Enabled” notification to appear for Exodus or whatever TV Addon you chose to install
- After the Exodus notification appears, return to the Kodi home screen.
- Then select Add-Ons from the main Kodi menu.
- Now choose “Exodus” (or whatever TV Addon you installed) from the Kodi addons menu.
- Set up a VPN so you stream safely and enjoy Exodus & TV Addons worry-free!
Smash Repo Zip File
Here’s the Smash Repo zip file in its natural habitat (UPDATE: the “mediarepos.net” Smash Repo zip Source is no longer available, so use the “dimitrology” Source above):