This guide shows you how to work around the process to Install Kodi on Tizen OS for Smart TVs. Essentially the Tizen OS doesn’t have a version of Kodi available, so we use an inexpensive Firestick or other Android TV Stick instead and install Kodi onto the stick. Keep reading for the full details.
Install Kodi on Tizen OS for Smart TVs
- The Tizen OS is not supported by Kodi, so we strongly suggesting that you add a Firestick to your Smart TV instead and install Kodi on the Firestick yourself in about 5 minutes. See the “Add FireStick to Smart TV” section below for the full step-by-step instructions to Add Kodi to your Tizen OS Smart TV.
- Alternatively, see our list of Smart TVs that run Android OS. You’ll see that most Samsung TVs run Tizen OS, which has no version of Kodi available for it. Some Smart TVs do run Android, though!
Add FireStick to Smart TV
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (New Westminster, BC) and IP address (188.8.131.52) now.
Use the steps below to add a FireStick to Smart TV for Kodi functionality:
- Get a Firestick for $40 from [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ZV9RDKK” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Amazon[/easyazon_link].
- Plug the Amazon Fire Stick into your Smart TV’s HDMI port.
- Then plug the power into the FireStick and follow the Amazon setup process using the on-screen instructions. After you’ve signed into an Amazon account on the Fire Stick and you’re at the Amazon Fire TV home screen, continue with the next step of the Install Kodi on Tizen OS for Smart TVs process.
- Use our easy Install Kodi on Fire TV video to put Kodi on your new Firestick
- After you install Kodi, install TV Addons using the steps below.
Install TV Addons in Kodi
Our quick Install TVAddons in Kodi video shows you how to install the best TV Addons for Kodi. There are at least three primary ways to install TV Addons in Kodi:
- Method 1 (Fastest & Easiest): Install TV Addons in Kodi using the Hub Wizard, which sets up all the best Kodi addons for you, such as Exodus, SALTS, Phoenix, 1Channel, and more.
- Method 2 (One-by-One): The AddOn Installer for Kodi gives you the power to install Kodi plugins one-at-a-time. This is very useful for re-installing TV Addons as well. After you install kodi on Tizen OS for Smart TVs, the AddOn Installer will be one of the most useful tools for maintaining your Kodi installation.
- Method 3 (Builds): Install one of many Kodi Builds to completely auto-configure your entire installation of Kodi with the best TV Addons, a custom Skin (“Theme”), and even system setting tweaks to improve the overall experience. We recommend you check out Kodi Beast Build, Hyper TT, and Wookie Wizard.
After Installing the Smart TV Stick, Kodi, and TV Addons
- Leave the Android (“Smart”) TV stick plugged in to the back of your TV. The stick will serve as your Smart TV’s “second brain”, which is usually much better than your Smart TV’s “first brain”.
- Or use them both! Your Smart TV most likely has an easy way to browse Netflix, if you use Netflix. So most users will keep using their Smart TV’s Netflix feature, and then use their Firestick / Android TV Stick for streaming Kodi TV Addons.
- Make sure you connect your Smart TV stick to your WiFi network. This is the most common issue people have – they forget to connect their new Android TV stick to their WiFi.
- If you have problems with Kodi after it’s installed, check out our Fix Fire Stick Kodi Not Working guide.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Let us know on the KFire YouTube Channel. We’re usually pretty good about replying in a timely manner to help you fix your shiz!
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .