This guide shows you the (updated Friday February 22, 2019) fastest, easiest methods of How to Install Kodi on Fire Stick. We start with the easiest method: install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017 Method, which requires No ES File Explorer, No PC, and No Phone. If this method doesn’t work for you, try Method 2, 3, or 4 (scroll down). Don’t forget to secure your Kodi streaming data by using the VPN we recommend!
Install Kodi on Fire Stick
- Enable ADB Debugging on your Fire Stick by using the Fire TV Remote to go to System > Developer Options. Then Enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- From the FireStick home screen, go to Search
- Enter “downloader“
- Select the “downloader” text and press the Center button on the Fire TV remote to search for “downloader”
- In the search results, select “Apps & Games“
- From Apps & Games, select [easyazon_link identifier=”B01N0BP507″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Downloader[/easyazon_link] ([easyazon_link identifier=”B01N0BP507″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Free[/easyazon_link] on Amazon app store)
- Now press Download
- Select Open using the Fire TV Remote
- Enter the address http://bit.ly/kodi173arm for Kodi 17.0 Krypton (Official Release!), or
for Kodi 16.1 Jarvis enter(the previous text is crossed-out because Kodi 16.1 Jarvis no longer works with TV Addons, so use Kodi 17.1 Krypton) http://bit.ly/2hD04qA or http://bit.ly/kodi161arm (Note: that’s a Zero between the D and the 4)
- Press Next
- Now Press the Download button
- When the window appears that says “Cancel” or “Install”, select INSTALL
- After Kodi finishes, press OPEN to launch Kodi
- Now that Kodi is installed on your Fire Stick, install TV Addons and set up a VPN to unblock Kodi & make your streamed data private
- If Kodi works great for awhile – then all of a sudden doesn’t work, then check out our How to Fix Fire Stick Kodi not working guide.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick: Method 2 (ES File Explorer + Custom DL Server)
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (188.8.131.52).
The written steps below (Updated January 10th, 2017) are Method #2 for How to Install Kodi on Fire Stick, also known as the “ES File Explorer + DownloadKodi.com” method, or the “Install Kodi KFire TV” method. See the tutorial video above, read the written directions just below, or scroll down for more Kodi install methods).
- From the Fire TV home screen (press HOME on the Fire TV remote), go to the top of the Fire TV menu and select “Search“
- In the Search screen, enter “es file”
- Use the Fire TV remote to select the text “es file”. Make sure to press the center button on the Fire TV remote to proceed to search for “es file”
- In the search results, select the [easyazon_link identifier=”B008K6HN8I” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″ cart=”n”]ES File Explorer[/easyazon_link] app, then press the center button on the remote
- Now select “Install“
- After your Fire TV installs ES File Explorer, launch the ES File Explorer app by returning to the Fire TV home screen, then find ES File Explorer under Apps and select it.
- Once ES File Explorer has launched, use the Fire TV remote to select “Favorite” in the ES File Explorer menu
- Then press “Add“
- In the popup box that appears, select the first box and enter “http://downloadkodi.com“ into the box. Then press OK.
- Next, select the second box and enter “k” (short for Kodi), then press OK
- Finish adding the Favorite by pressing Add
- Now, locate the newly added Favorite by using the Fire TV remote to look through the ES File Explorer main menu. The new Favorite will appear under “Favorite”.
- Select the new favorite (“k”)
- The DownloadKodi.com page will appear in the ES File Explorer main display window. When this happens, you will see a list of folders, once which says “kodi-firetv“.
- Select the “kodi-firetv” folder.
- Then select the “kodi161arm.apk” file.
- Now, use the Fire TV Remote to select the “More” button at the bottom right corner of ES File Explorer’s bottom menu.
- After pressing the More button, select Open In Browser
- If ES Explorer asks what app you’d like to open the download with, choose ES Downloader. ES Downloader will now download the Kodi installer (“apk”) file.
- Once the download has finished, select Open File to launch the installer file
- If your Fire TV asks if you’d like to Install or Cancel, choose Install. Kodi will now install.
- After the install has finished, launch Kodi by going to the Fire TV home screen, then find Kodi under Apps. Then select the Kodi icon.
- If Kodi displays the error “Cannot download OBB” error, re-launch Kodi several times until the error goes away.
- In case you encountered an error during the install process, try the other methods to Install Kodi on Fire Stick, below.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick: Method 3 (Android Sideload)
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Kodi from the Google Play Store. If you don’t have an Android phone, try Method #3 (below) or Method #1 (above).
- Now install [easyazon_link identifier=”B00WQ7F9JM” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″ cart=”n”]Apps2Fire[/easyazon_link] on your Android phone, which is also in the Google Play Store. If Apps2Fire gives you trouble, you can try [easyazon_link identifier=”B00QX52SLA” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″ cart=”n”]AGKFire (free)[/easyazon_link].
- Launch Apps2Fire on your Android phone / tablet
- In the Apps2Fire app screen, go to the SETUP tab. In this tab we will enter your Fire Stick’s IP address. The next few steps tell you how to get your Fire TV’s IP address.
- Now, on your Fire TV, go to SETTINGS
- Under SETTINGS on your Fire TV / FireStick, select SYSTEM.
- Then select NETWORK. Your Fire TV’s IP address will appear on-screen as a series of numbers separated by dots, like this: “192.168.0.10”.
- Now, go back to your Android phone and Enter the IP address of your Fire TV into the “IP address” input box in the Apps2Fire app’s SETUP tab. Then click Save to save the IP address in the app.
- In the Apps2Fire app window, go to the LOCAL APPS tab.
- Then find Kodi in the list of your Local Apps.
- Now, select Kodi in the list of apps.
- Then select “Install on <Fire Stick IP Address Here>“. After you select the button to install Kodi on Fire Stick, the Apps2Fire app will transfer (or “sideload”) the Kodi app from your Android phone to your Fire TV.
- Wait a few minutes for the process to complete, as Apps2Fire sideloads Kodi to Fire TV through your WiFi network.
- When the process is complete, go to the Fire TV home screen by pressing HOME on the Fire TV Remote.
- Now go to the APPS section of the Fire TV home screen
- Under the Apps section, you will now see Kodi. Select the Kodi icon to launch Kodi on your Fire Stick / Fire TV.
- If upon launching Kodi you see a “Cannot download OBB” error, then keep trying to launch Kodi several times. Many users report that they must re-launch Kodi up to 5 times to get the Cannot Download OBB error to go away. Or see our Cannot Download OBB guide.
- After Kodi is installed, install TV Addons for movies & TV shows.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick: Method 4 (ADBLink. PC Required)
- Download the Kodi for Fire TV / Android installer file here. Important: Make sure to select the Android ARM version of Kodi once you get to the Kodi downloads page. Why? The “ARM” version of Kodi for Android is what we will transfer to the Fire Stick using ADBLink (formerly ADBFire) in order to install Kodi on Fire Stick.
- Download & install ADBLink from jocala.com.
- Launch ADBLink
- Add your Fire TV’s IP address into the IP address field of the ADBLink program.
- Then click Connect (or Save)
- Now click “Install APK” in the ADBLink program
- Then use the popup file-select window that appears to select the Kodi .apk file you downloaded in an earlier step
- Finish the process by clicking any on-screen prompts that may appear.
- Wait a few minutes for the install-from-Android-to-Fire-TV process (aka “sideload” process) to complete
- Once the process has finished, launch Kodi on your Fire TV by going to the Fire TV home screen. Then find Kodi under apps and select the Kodi icon to launch Kodi.
If you have any trouble, get help on our YouTube channel. Just leave a comment on one of our videos and let us know. Usually we respond within a few hours! You can also leave a comment at the bottom of this page, but we answer YouTube comments more quickly ;).
Did this guide help you? You can help us and subscribe to the KFire TV YouTube Channel.