This guide shows how to install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017 or onto the Fire TV. It will be kept up-to-date with the most recent Kodi installation information. At this time, Kodi 17.4 Krypton is the latest version for general use. For that reason, Kodi 17.4 is the version we will be installing on our Fire Stick in this tutorial.
How To Install Kodi on Fire Stick and Fire TV
There are several ways to install Kodi on Firestick. 2022 has seen a huge surge in popularity for this streaming media application for home entertainment centers. Kodi can be installed on the Fire Stick, Fire TV, Windows PCs, Macs, Linux boxes, Android phones, Raspberry Pi, and even the iPhone if it’s jailbroken first. This has pushed development of several ways to install Kodi on your Firestick or Fire TV, but the easiest way doesn’t require a computer and takes less than 2 minutes depending on your internet connection. You simply install a freely available application from the Amazon FireStick App Store. Then, you download the Kodi installer and use it to install Kodi 17.4 Krypton on your Fire TV Stick.
What Are They?
In case you don’t know what the Firestick or Fire TV are, the Fire TV is a small Android PC made by Amazon that hooks up to your TV. It then allows you to watch online tv shows, movies, listen to music, and even stream live shows including sports events. The Fire TV Stick is pretty much the same as the Fire TV, though it’s less expensive, and much smaller. It also has less memory, processing power, and doesn’t accept SD cards or thumb drives for expanded storage.
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Install Kodi on Firestick 2017 the easy way: If you really want to make the Firestick or Fire TV a brease to use, then try a bluetooth keyboard with mousepad. I’ve got a great one that’s back-lit and fits my hands wonderfully. You can get one at Amazon also: Backlit Bluetooth HTPC Keyboard with Touchpad
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
How-to Guide: Install Kodi 17.4 Krypton on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
If you’ve not installed Kodi on a Firestick or other device before, know that it doesn’t provide any content whatsoever. For that, there are add-ons. Once you have Kodi successfully installed on your Firestick, check out the rest of the site to find out how to access, download, install and use all of the best Kodi add-ons for any type of streaming online entertainment you can imagine.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick 2022 and Beyond
- Go right to Settings within the top menu
- Then go down and right to Device
- Enter the Developer Options
- Toggle ADB Debugging to the ON position
- Also toggle Apps from Unknown Sources to on in order to install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017 successfully
- A Warning dialog pops up to caution you about the potential dangers involved with installing unofficial applications; you can select Turn On
- Head back to the top level menu on the home page and go to the search function at the very far left; it looks like a magnifying glass.
- Start typing Downloader App until you notice it appear in the list below.
- Run the Downloader App. It may ask you to download and install it first, which is simple and guided; do so.
- Select the URL field to type into once the Downloader App is run
- Type http://mirrors.kodi.tv into the URL field.
- Choose the releases directory
- Then enter the android subdirectory
- And then go into the arm directory
- Choose the latest stable installer apk file which isn’t a realease candidate (not rc1 designation in file below)
- The Kodi installer downloads now in preparation for install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017
- Choose to Install once it finishes downloading
- Kodi now installs on your firestick
- Then, open Kodi to be certain it installed without a hitch
- Watch as your new friend comes to life before your eyes
- Enter the Applications item in the System Menu when you want to run Kodi from now on
- Then choose the Manage Installed Applications menu item
- Scroll down; Kodi is waiting for you. Enjoy!
We at KodiFireTVStick strongly urge you to protect yourself with a VPN once you install Kodi on Fire Stick 2022. This will ensure that your Internet Service Provider, government, and any other agency wishing to do so is unable to log your identity and activities. Use this link to install a military-grade VPN on your Fire TV or Firestick and get 60% off right now: IPVanish.
Video Walkthrough of Kodi 17.4 Install on Firestick
Ian shot this step-by-step video tutorial of the Kodi 17.4 install process on the Firestick a couple of days ago to make things easy as pie. Check it out if you have any trouble at all; simply imitate what he does and you will get Kodi installed on your Firestick without fail.