This guide shows you how to perform the Install Kodi No Computer method to install Kodi on FireTV & FireStick. This method uses the ES File Explorer app to download Kodi from a special Kodi download server. If this method doesn’t work for you, try the other Install Kodi No Computer method, also known as the Android Sideload method.
Install Kodi No Computer
- Enable ADB Debugging on your Firestick / Fire TV by going to Settings > System > Developer Options. Then turn on ADB debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources.
- Then, from the FireTv / Firestick main menu, go to Search
- In the Search box, enter “es file“
- Select the words “es file” which now appear just below the on-screen keyboard
- Press the center (“Enter“) button on the FireTV remote to search for “es file”
- In the search results, select ES File Explorer. Then press Install.
- Select OPEN to launch ES File Explorer
- In ES File Explorer, select Favorites. Then select Add
- Using the first input box that appears on screen, enter “http://downloadkodi.com“
- In the second input box, enter “k” (short for Kodi) or any other easily-identifiable (unique) name
- Select Add
- In the ES File Explorer main menu, select the new Favorite (“k”)
- The DownloadKodi.com homescreen will appear in the ES File Explorer main display window
- Select the folder for Fire TV
- Choose the “kodi16.apk” file (the actual name will be slightly different)
- Using the FireStick remote, use the left and down arrows to carefully select the box that says “More” in the bottom right corner of the ES File Explorer bottom-menu
- After you press the More button, select “Open In Browser“
- If ES File Explorer asks what App to open the file with, choose ES Downloader
- ES File Explorer will download the Kodi APK file (an APK file is an Android Package Installer file)
- After the Kodi APK file is downloaded, choose Open
- If your Fire TV / FireStick asks if you’d like to Install the app, select Install
- After Kodi finishes installing, select Open to launch Kodi
- If Kodi displays the error “Cannot download OBB”, restart Kodi until it fully launches without displaying the Cannot Download OBB error. Some users report that they need to attempt launching Kodi up to 5 times for their first launch of Kodi.
- In case this method did not work for you, try the Android Sideload method to install Kodi.
Install Kodi No Computer (Android SideLoad Method)
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (220.127.116.11).
- Download Kodi
- Download Apps2Fire or [easyazon_link identifier=”B00QX52SLA” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″ cart=”n”]AGKFire[/easyazon_link]
- Enter your Fire TV’s IP address in the Apps2Fire settings page
- Find Kodi in the Apps2Fire window, which shows a list of apps installed on your phone
- Select (press) Kodi then press “Install on (Firestick)“
- Wait for the sideloader app to transfer the Kodi app to your Firestick. It does this via WiFi, so it may take a few minutes (since the Kodi installer is over 50MB).
- The sideloader app will tell you when the process has finished.
- After the process has finished, use your Fire TV remote to find the newly installed Kodi app on your Fire TV. Then select the Kodi app and choose Open or Launch to run Kodi for the first time.