This fast tutorial shows you the complete steps to install Kodi Krypton on FireStick. We cover the easiest method first, which utilizes our custom download server and the ES File Explorer app to get Kodi running on our little Fire TV stick.
Install Kodi Krypton on FireStick
- Enable ADB Debugging on your Firestick or Fire TV by going to your Fire TV’s Settings menu. Then go to System, then go to Developer Options. In Developer Options, enable ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources.
- Go back to the Fire TV home screen by pressing the Home button on your Fire TV remote. Then go to Search, which is at the top of the FireStick main menu
- After selecting Search, enter “es file” into the Search field.
- Then use the Fire TV remote arrow buttons to select the words “es file” underneath the on-screen keyboard. The letters turn yellow when selected.
- After “es file” is selected, press the center button on the Fire TV remote to proceed with the app search.
- In the app search results, select ES File Explorer
- Then press INSTALL
- After the ES File Explorer installation is complete, select OPEN
- Once ES File Explorer has launched, select Favorites from the ES File Explorer main menu
- Then select Add
- In the popup box that appears on your screen, select the first field
- Enter the address “http://downloadkodi.com”, then select OK to return to the popup box
- Select the second field in the popup box, which is the “name” of the Favorite you’re adding. Give it any name – we use “k” for Kodi.
- Now select the Add button to finish adding the Favorite.
- In the ES File Explorer menu, find and then select the new favorite (“k”)
- ES File Explorer will now display the DownloadKodi.com website in the ES Explorer main display screen
- Using the Fire TV Remote, select the folder that says “kodi-firetv” to go into the kodi-firetv folder.
- Then select the “kodi17.apk” file (the actual file name may be different, but will contain “17” – the version number of Kodi Krypton)
- Now carefully use the Fire TV remote to select the “More” button on the bottom right corner of the ES File Explorer bottom-menu.
- After selecting the More button, select “Open In Browser” from the list of options that appears.
- If ES Explorer asks what app you’d like to use, select ES Downloader.
- The Kodi installer file will now download the Kodi APK file, which is what actually will install Kodi Krypton on FireStick
- After Kodi downloads, Open the file to launch the Kodi installer
- If your Fire TV asks if you’d like to Install or Cancel, choose INSTALL.
- Kodi will now install
- After Kodi is installed, launch Kodi by finding the Kodi icon in the Fire TV home screen area. Then select the icon and choose OPEN
Problems With the Install Kodi Krypton on FireStick Process
- If Kodi Krypton (v17) didn’t work for you, try to Install Kodi 16.1 on FireStick (“Jarvis”)
How to Install TV Addons
WARNING FIRESTICK USERS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Ashburn VA
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IPVanish VPN.
HIDE ME NOW
- After you install Kodi, use our video tutorial on How to Install TV Addons, or see our written guides.
- How to Install TV Addons with Config Wizard (all at once)
- How to Install TV Addons with AddOn Installer (one-by-one)
If you have questions, ask on the KFire TV YouTube Channel. And don’t forget to subscribe!