This brief walkthrough shows you how to install Kodi directly on your Smart TV. To summarize, most Smart TVs won’t run Kodi directly (or “natively”) because most Smart TVs don’t use Android OS, so for those TVs we just add a highly-rated Android TV Box (for $30) to the Smart TV to make it Kodi-Smart. For the TVs that do run Android OS (check our list of Android Smart TVs), go install Kodi directly on your Smart TV now with the instructions immediately below. For non-Android Smart TVs, use the instructions in the section just below that to get Kodi running on your Smart TV in the quickest and easiest way known to humankind.
Install Kodi Directly on Your Smart TV
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Smart TV (your Smart TV must be running Android OS). If your Smart TV doesn’t have Google Play Store, skip to the next section to add Kodi with an Android TV stick.
- In the Google Play Store, search for Kodi (or see Kodi in Google Play here)
- From the search results, select Kodi
- Press Install
- After Kodi installs, press Open (or “Launch”)
- Kodi is now installed on your Android Smart TV
Install Kodi on Non-Android Smart TVs
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Hialeah, FL) and IP address (126.96.36.199) now.
- The quickest, easiest way to install Kodi on non-Android Smart TVs is to simply get a cheap, yet highly-rated Android TV stick for $30 from Amazon, or splurge and get a genuine, brand-new [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ZV9RDKK” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]FireTV Stick[/easyazon_link] for $40. This will make your Smart TV 100% Kodi-compatible.
- Then simply insert the FireStick or other Android TV stick into the Smart TV
- Proceed to install Kodi on Android by using the steps at the top of this page if you’re using an Android TV stick (“Install Kodi Directly on Your Smart TV”). If you’re using an actual Amazon FireStick, then use this video to install Kodi on FireStick.
Android Smart TVs
The following summarized version of our list of Android Smart TV makers shows the companies that put Android OS in their TVs, so you can directly install Kodi directly on your Smart TV if your TV is in the list below:
- Sony Bravia
List of Non-Android Smart TV Makers
See the TV manufacturers in this list below – if your TV is in the list, your TV won’t run Kodi directly, but it can be very easily installed by simply adding an inexpensive Android TV Box ($46):
Unlike other guides, this one actually shows you the real way to watch Kodi on your Smart TV, so by the end of this article you will have found out how to install Kodi on your Smart TV.
Basically you have three options: Option 1) Install Kodi Directly on your Smart TV by downloading Kodi from the Google Play Store (this works only if your Smart TV runs Android OS, which most don’t), or Option 2) Use your TV to mirror the screen of a device that does have Kodi installed, or Option 3) Install Kodi directly on your Smart TV by adding this Android TV Box or a cheap streaming stick or Android TV Box to your Smart TV.
If you have questions, let us know on our YouTube channel or in the comments below!
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .