Use this brief tutorial to install Kodi 6.1 on Fire Stick or Fire TV. Many people will find this guide helpful to install Kodi Jarvis, which is actually Kodi 16.1 (not 6.1). We show you the easiest, fastest three methods available for installing Kodi on Fire TV below.
Install Kodi 6.1
- Make sure to enable ADB Debugging
- Install ES File Explorer
- Launch ES File Explorer
- Add “http://downloadkodi.com” as a new favorite
- Select the new favorite in ES File Explorer
- Then select the “kodi-firetv” folder on-screen, which contains the installer file to install Kodi 6.1 (which is actually v16.1)
- Move the cursor to the bottom right corner and select More
- Then select Open In Browser
- If ES File Explorer asks what app you’d like to open the download with, choose ES Downloader.
- After the download is complete, select Open File
- Then click Install
- Kodi will now install
- After Kodi has installed, launch Kodi by finding it in your Fire TV home screen under “Apps”. Then select the Kodi icon and choose Open (if necessary).
Install Kodi 6.1 (Android Sideload Method)
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (220.127.116.11) now.
- Install the Apps2Fire app on your Android phone
- Now install Kodi on your Android phone
- Open the Apps2Fire app
- Go to the Settings tab in the Apps2Fire app
- Enter your Fire TV’s IP Address in the “IP Address” box
- Click Save
- Go to the the “List of Apps” tab in the Apps2Fire app
- Select Kodi from the list
- Then click “Install on (IP address here)“
- Wait for Apps2fire to install Kodi
- Once the process has finished, the app will say “Installed on (IP address here)”
- After Kodi is installed on your Fire TV, launch Kodi on the Fire TV by using the Fire TV remote to go to Kodi’s home screen. Then find Kodi under Apps and select it to launch Kodi.
Install Kodi 6.1 (PC Method, aka ADBLink Method, aka ADBFire Method)
- Install ADBLink on your PC (ADBLink is free)
- Launch ADBLink
- Enter your Fire TV’s IP address in the IP Address box
- Click Connect
- Download the Kodi Android installer file to your PC’s “Downloads” folder (or Desktop)
- In the ADBLink window, click Sideload APK
- From the popup window that appears, locate and select the Kodi Android file you downloaded to your Downloads folder (or Desktop)
- ADBLink will now sideload the APK file to your Fire Stick / Fire TV, which will install Kodi 6.1 on the FireStick / FireTV.
After You Install Kodi: Install TV Addons
- Use our video tutorial to install TV Addons in Kodi FAST & easy.