This handy step-by-step guide shows you how to install Kodi 16.1 on Firestick. Kodi 16.1 is also known as Kodi Jarvis. So read the steps below to get Kodi 16.1 Jarvis installed on your Fire Stick.
Install Kodi 16.1 on Firestick
- Enable ADB Debugging & Apps from Unknown Sources on your FireStick. Do this by going to SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Developer Options > Enable ADB Debugging AND also turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Go to your Firestick’s home screen by pressing the HOME button on the Fire TV remote
- Go to the top of the Fire TV’s main menu and select SEARCH
- Enter “es file” into the Search box, then press the button on the on-screen keyboard to perform the search
- In the results, you’ll see ES File Explorer
- Select the ES File Explorer icon and press Install. ES File Explorer will allow us to download the file that will install Kodi 16.1 on Firestick and Fire TV.
- After ES File Explorer download, the Install button will change to display “Open”
- Select the “Open” button to launch ES File Explorer
- In ES File Explorer, select Favorite.
- Under Favorite, select Add.
- Enter “http://downloadkodi.com” as the Source of the new Favorite
- The second prompt (right after entering the source) is asking you for the “name” of the favorite. Choose any name – we make it “k” for Kodi.
- Now locate the newly-added favorite in the ES Explorer main menu, then select it.
- After you select the “k” favorite you added, the DownloadKodi.com screen should appear in the ES File Explorer main program window. You’ll see a simple list of files and folders. One of the folders is /kodi-firetv/
- Use the Fire TV remote to select the /kodi-firetv/ folder. This will take you into the /kodi-firetv/ folder.
- After you’re in the /kodi-firetv/ folder, select the “kodi161arm.apk” file with the Fire TV Remote and press the center button after the file is selected.
- Now use the Fire TV Remote to select the “More” button at the bottom right hand side corner of the ES File Explorer bottom menu that runs along the bottom of the screen.
- After you press the More button, press Open In Browser
- Then select “Just Once” if a popup appears asking you “Just Once” or “Always”
- The Kodi for Fire TV installer file will now download. the installer file that will install Kodi 16.1 on Firestick for us (aka Kodi Jarvis).
- After the file download completes, select “Open File“
- When your Fire TV asks if you’d like to “Install” or “Cancel”, select Install
- Once Kodi is installed, launch Kodi by returning to the Firestick home screen, then find Kodi under “Apps”. Select the Kodi icon in Apps to launch Kodi.
- If you see the “Cannot Download OBB” error when trying to launch Kodi, try to re-launch Kodi up to 5 times. Many users say they need to attempt launching Kodi up to 5 times to get rid of the “Cannot Download OBB” error.
Firestick Security warning: Your location is: (Ashburn, VA). Your trackable IP address is (126.96.36.199).
If you had trouble with this process, check our alternative Kodi install methods on our YouTube Channel!