This step-by-step tutorial (with screenshots) shows you how to install IPVanish Firestick app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV box.
- Firestick VPN app is free! The service it uses to hide your Firestick’s IP address (called IPvanish) costs $4.87 after you use my coupon code, which is available only to visitors of KFireTV. This service works on all your devices, by the way (not just Firestick). The less than $5/mo is totally worth (on a personal level; I strongly recommend it to all my friends and family).
- This VPN install method also works on Android TV Box (and all other device types). For Android TV Boxes, see our How to Install VPN on Android tutorial. Or use the steps below, but first download and install the “Amazon Underground” app from Google Play Store. Then proceed with the step-by-step guide below:
How to Install IPVanish FireStick App
- *** Before you proceed, make sure you use my exclusive 60% off VPN coupon (for visitors of this site only) to snag huge savings. It’s the largest discount you’ll find on the web for the world’s leading VPN service. They’re also the only VPN service in the world that has a FireStick VPN app. So, enjoy the coupon (my gift to you)!
- From the Firestick home screen, select the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, using the Fire TV remote to press keys on the on-screen keyboard, enter the word “ipvanish”.
- Then use the Down button on the FireTV remote to highlight the word “ipvanish” (it turns to Yellow when it’s “highlighted”).
- Then press the center button on the Fire TV remote to search for the IPVanish VPN for Firestick app. (Hint: If you don’t see the IPVanish app right after the search results appear, then select “Apps & Games”.)
- Now select the icon of the IPVanish app using the Center button on the Fire TV remote.
- Press the Center button again to “Get” the IPVanish app.
- After the IPVanish app install is finished, press the Center button once more on the Fire TV remote to Open the IPVanish app.
- Once the IPVanish app opens, select the “Username” box.
Select the “Username” box
- Then enter your Username you got when you signed up for IPVanish with my coupon link.
- Then enter your password you chose when you signed up for IPVanish.
- Finally, press “Login” to log in to the IPVanish Firestick app. Just one last button to press after this!
- Lastly, press the Center button on the Firestick remote to Connect instantly to the fastest VPN server available.
- After you’re connected, you will see the graph on your screen as data is securely transferred through the VPN! Also notice how your “Visible Location” appears, along with your “Visible IP address” in the top left corner of the IPVanish Firestick app.
- Test the VPN connection using the steps below. It takes about 5 seconds. You just look at your IP address without the VPN connected and make sure it’s different than the IP address that shows with the VPN connected. For step-by-step instructions, see below.
Here’s the YouTube video tutorial version of the How to Install Firestick VPN guide you’re reading now:
How to Test IPVanish App for Firestick
- When the VPN app is Connected to any VPN server, your IP address will be different than when it is not connected to a VPN server. This is easier to check than it sounds. Just look at the top-left corner of the IPVanish app screen after you Connect to a VPN server:
- See how the “Visible Location” in the screenshot above says “209.123.456.789″? (The “123, 456, 789” are blurred-out in the screenshot above). This is the IP address of the VPN server when you’re connected to it. As soon as you Disconnect, the app will reveal your real IP address.
- Now press the Disconnect button using the Fire TV remote.
- After you’re no longer Connected to the VPN server, observe how the IP address shown in the “Visible Location” area of the IPVanish app is now different (it now says “70..” instead of “209..” from the previous Step). This is your true IP address (when the VPN is disconnected). This is the IP address we want to hide! See the screenshot below to see how the IP address is different after we Disconnected from the VPN server:
- After you’ve successfully tested the VPN by verifying that your IP address is different after you Connect using the IPVanish Firestick app (aka Firestick VPN app), re-connect by pressing “Connect”! As long as you’re connected, your data is safe.
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (22.214.171.124) now.