This step-by-step tutorial shows you how to install Covenant Kodi addon (Exodus‘ so-called replacement after TVAddons shut down).
The open-source media player Kodi is one of the most popular applications currently available. Kodi is primarily used as a media player on the big screen. There are several reasons why Kodi is so popular. One of the greatest reasons for the popularity is its support for a variety of devices and OSes. You can run the Kodi application on Android, Microsoft Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS, tvOS, FreeBSD, etc. However, the most widespread use of Kodi is to run it as an application on the Amazon FireTV stick.
Kodi is involved in several class-action lawsuits that suggest that it is illegal to use the application. The ban arises from the fact that Kodi allows users to access paid premium content for free. This causes a loss of several million dollars to the companies providing these services. Nonetheless, people continue to use it since it is practically impossible to catch a Kodi user (when they use a VPN). Also, there are no punitive fines once you do so. Amazon and other major carriers have tried to roll out updates to shut out Kodi from their systems.
But they failed miserably.
Since Kodi is an open-source platform, it allows people to modify the application to crack through the updates for seamless free streaming.
The Power of TVAddons like Covenant Kodi
The Kodi functionality increases by multiple folds when you incorporate the proper add-ons to the application. These add-ons enhance Kodi’s features and allow it to perform tasks, which would otherwise be impossible for the application. There are hundreds of add-ons for the Kodi application and all of them cater to different needs of the users. However, today we will see how to install one of the most useful and popular Kodi add-on, commonly known as the Covenant add-on or Covenant Kodi add on.
Understanding the Covenant Kodi Add-on
The Covenant Kodi add-on is the recent update over the Exodus add-on, which died a small-time back.
Installing the Latest Covenant Kodi Add-on
The process of adding new add-ons to the system is simplified over the months. A few months ago, you required advanced knowledge of programming to add a simple add-on to the structure. However, now you can follow a few simple steps to do so. Let us quickly brush through the steps that you need to go through to install the latest Covenant Kodi add-on to your setup.
It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service like that of IPVanish before installing and using Kodi on your systems to get unrestricted access and make your IP invisible.
Rather than installing an entire repository on your system, we have mentioned a simpler method in which you can install just the add-on to save memory on your device. However, when you install just the add-on without the entire repository, you will need to install the updates manually. We will mention both the ways to install the Covenant Kodi add-on, and you can choose the one that you prefer according to your needs.
Installing the Colossal Repository
Installing the entire repository takes up a considerable amount of space on the system but gives you access to necessary updates automatically. Since the Covenant is the updated version of Exodus, it will see several major changes with future updates.
Colossal Repository on Github
How to Install Covenant Kodi Add-On
Here are the steps that you can follow to install the Covenant Kodi add-on by installing the colossal repository.
- From the Kodi application home screen, select the Settings option (symbol shaped like a gear in the top left corner).
- Now select “File manager“. Here we will download the necessary files to your Kodi device to install the Covenant Kodi add-on.
- Click the Add Source button that allows you to select the source from which you wish to install the Add-on. You need a stable internet connection to perform the next steps.
- Select the source marked as <None> to enter the necessary web address from which you will get access to the Covenant Kodi add-on.
- Enter this address: http://mediarepos.net/tco/: (if that address doesn’t work for you, then try http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff
- Press “OK” to finish adding the new Source.
- Now select the box that says “Enter a name for this media source”.
- Then enter “.Covenant” or any other name that’s easy for you to find in the next steps. Press OK to finish naming the new Source.
- Then press OK once more to finish adding the new Source.
- When you return to your Kodi home screen, you will see the Add-ons menu. Select “Add-Ons” from the home screen.
- Now select the package symbol from the top left corner to install the necessary add-ons.
- Then select “Install From Zip File”
- Select the new source you added, “.Covenant“.
- Then select the Repo_colossus.zip file.
- Now, wait for Kodi to display an “add-on enabled” notification.
- Then select “Install From Repository“.
- Now find and select “Colossus Repository“.
- Select “Video add-ons“
- Then choose “Covenant“
- Now press “Install“
- Wait for the addon-enabled notification to appear.
- Launch Covenant from the Kodi home screen under “Add-ons”
- Install a Kodi VPN or Firestick VPN to hide your IP address
In case you are unable to download the Colossal Repository right now, you need to wait a while before the developers release a patch for your location. You need to keep trying to install the repository in the mentioned way for a few days. In case you are still unable to install the repository, you might want to download the covenant zip directly for installation.
Direct Covenant Add-on Download
In case you wish to save space on your device or are unable to download the repository, you can download a zip file that allows you to install the covenant add-on directly. The steps for doing so are mentioned here.
This process is shorter and much simpler. However, you will not get access to the latest updates automatically unless you download the repository. Follow these steps to install the covenant add-on directly.
- You can download the covenant Kodi add-on code directly from Github. Go to this link to download the covenant add-on for your Kodi application.https://github.com/Colossal1/repository.colossus/tree/master/plugin.video.covenant When you visit this URL, you will see something as shown in the below image:
- You will find several files for download on this page. It is better if you download the latest file since it is updated with all the necessary bug fixes and this application is most likely to run without any errors.
- Once you have finished the download, open Kodi and select the Covenant Add-ons option from the menu on the homepage.
- You can see the package symbol for covenant here. Click on this package symbol to install it.
- In case you are asked for the install type, you can select Install from Zip file.
- The application will now open a browsing window, which you need to redirect to the downloads location on your PC. Once you open the Downloads folder, you need to select the download zip file for installation of the add-on.
In case you face any error during the installation, it is very likely that you have not turned on installation from the unknown sources option. This option is by default turned off in the application. To turn it on for the installation of the covenant add-on, follow these steps.
- On the Kodi application homepage, select the Settings
- Now you will see a bunch of different settings listed for your application. You need to select the System Settings option for our purpose.
- Select the Covenant Kodi Add ons option from the navigation menu located on the left of the interface.
- Here you will most likely see that Unknown Sources switched off. To install the add-on from the zip file, turn on this feature.
- You will now see the following warning on the interface.
Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on this device. By allowing, you agree that you are solely responsible for any loss of data. This also includes unwanted behavior, or damage to your device. Proceed?
You must not worry here, and select the Yes option anyways if you wish to install the add-on from the zip file.
After carrying out these steps, you will be free to install the Covenant add-on to your Kodi application using the steps mentioned above.
Use IPVanish Services when doing the installation
It is crucial to mention that you must use a reliable VPN service along with the Kodi application to make sure that your IP is untraceable. With a VPN you also get access to unrestricted content. IPVanish is one of the best VPN service providers for affordable pricing. Check out my page on IPVanish features to know more about the services offered by IPVanish.
I use IPVanish to secure all my internet activity and get unrestricted access to unlimited content over the Kodi application. Do check out my other pages to know more about the services and how to set them up on your WiFi router.
How to Update Kodi Covenant Addon
You can update Covenant with a single click the next time when you wish to download the updated version of the repository.
Covenant Download Location
For the download location, choose the saved location to install the necessary add-on to the folder.
After completing the installation of the repository, you will now have access to install particular add-ons. Here we shall add the Covenant Kodi Add on.
You will find the covenant add-on in the video add-ons folder. Click on it to install it onto your Kodi platform.