This tutorial shows you how to install Mobdro on Amazon Firestick. Mobdro is a great streaming app that gathers video files from various sources around the web.
Fortunately, Mobdro works very well on Firestick and Amazon Fire TV box. Mobdro even works great on Android TV Box. So sit tight, follow the steps below to install Mobdro (aka Modbro) on Firestick, and start streaming great content in no time.
We recommend beginners use the Mobdro Firestick install instructions immediately below this paragraph. Experts can use the Firestick Mobdro install method at the bottom of this page.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Mobdro?
- 2 Why Mobdro on Firestick?
- 3 How to Install Mobdro on Firestick with CetusPlay (Beginner)
- 4 How to Install Mobdro on Firestick with Downloader
- 5 Accessing Mobdro on Firestick, Fire TV or Fire TV Cube
- 6 How to Install Mobdro Kodi Add-on
- 7 What’s on Mobdro?
- 8 How does Mobdro work?
- 9 How to Install Mobdro on Firestick with CetusPlay (Advanced)
- 10 Conclusion
What is Mobdro?
Mobdro is an insanely popular Android streaming app among IPTV enthusiasts around the world. If you are fond of live tv, free movies or tv shows, chances are you have probably used Mobdro before. If not, well, you are certainly missing out on entertainment. It provides free access to hundreds of channels for watching your favorite streams. You can also download whatever you like for offline viewing.
In this write-up, we guide you through the process of setting up Mobdro on Firestick. You can follow the same step by step process if you are using Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick 4k, or any other Android TV on Android phones. The steps are the same, though some options on your particular device may be located in different sections.
Why Mobdro on Firestick?
This is the very first question any sane mind will ask. And the answer is: simply because it houses an exhaustive library of free streams for entertainment. You can watch Tv shows, Movies, News, Talk shows, educational content, Music, sports – essentially, anything you can think of.
Sounds great, right? Because it is!
The app is regularly updated to keep any glitches or bugs away. The navigation is remote-friendly, and the search option works like a charm. It helps you find anything you want. Type in the name of the app in the search bar, and it will look up either the channel or content within its library. The app works really fast, without any glitches, streams in HD, and without any buffering.
Install A VPN
Yes, you need to install a VPN on your device first. This is because of ISPs and governments all over the world monitor user’s online presence. You can get yourself into some serious trouble if they find any copyrighted content on your device. Therefore, we strongly recommend investing in a good VPN. A good VPN will hide your IP without leaking your info to the authorities.
In order to keep your streaming anonymous and avoid getting into trouble, we suggest IPVanish VPN. IPVanish is a great option because it is one of the most secure, affordable, and fastest VPN for Firestick applications. Check out our guide for how to install a VPN on any device. Or get steep discounts on IPVanish VPN.
With that said, let’s get started with the step by step guide to installing Mobdro on Firestick.
How to Install Mobdro on Firestick with CetusPlay (Beginner)
The easiest way to install Mobdro on Firestick is to use the CetusPlay’s app’s App Center feature to install Mobdro with 1 Click.
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
This Mobdro install method requires either an Android phone / tablet or an iOS device (iPhone / iPad). The steps immediately below are the beginner’s tutorial on how to install Mobdro on Firestick or Fire TV. Advanced users scroll down.
Step 1: Installing CetusPlay on Android Phone / iOS Device
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone (for iOS, open iTunes App Store)
- Search for Cetusplay
- Select CetusPlay from the search results. Then Press Install
- After CetusPlay installs, press Open to launch CetusPlay
- If CetusPlay asks for any Permissions after launching, press Allow
- Once the CetusPlay app launches, the “welcome” screen appears
Step 2: Now Install CetusPlay on FireStick / Fire TV
Now that CetusPlay is installed on your Android or iOS device, we must also install CetusPlay on your Firestick. This is easy to do with the CetusPlay Android / iOS app!
Note: The CetusPlay Firestick app pretty much just runs in the background on your Firestick so that your Android / iOS device can “talk” to your Firestick / Fire TV and install apps on it.
For this to work, your Firestick / Fire TV and your Android smartphone must absolutely be on the same WiFi network, because CetusPlay sideloads Kodi to your Firestick through your WiFi network! Here’s how:
- With the CetusPlay app open, skip past the Welcome tour by swiping the screen a few times. Then press Get Started if it doesn’t automatically take you into Manage Connections.
- From the CetusPlay app, press Manage Connections
- Then select your Fire TV from the on-screen WiFi diagram. NOTE: Your Fire TV and your Android phone MUST be on the same exact WiFi network for CetusPlay to see your Fire TV.
- After you select your Fire TV, the screen will say “Installing CetusPlay on Fire TV”. Wait for this to complete.
- When CetusPlay is done installing on the Fire TV, your Android smartphone will display “Enter the code on TV screen”. At this point, look at the TV your Firestick is attached to – you’ll see a 4 digit pin code.
- Enter the 4 digit pin code into your Android smartphone and press “OK” to Pair your Fire TV with the CetusPlay app on your Android smartphone.
- Test the CetusPlay app’s virtual mouse feature to verify that Cetus Play is connected to Fire TV. Just press a button on the CetusPlay app’s “virtual remote” screen. For example, pressing the back button in the CetusPlay app’s virtual remote screen should take your Fire TV back a level.
After you verified that the CetusPlay app is now talking to your Firestick or Fire TV, proceed to the next section to install Mobdro on Firestick.
Step 3: Install Mobdro on Firestick using CetusPlay App for Android / iOS
- From the CetusPlay app on your Android phone, press the main menu button in the top left corner
- Press the Featured tab at the top of the CetusPlay app screen (which should already be selected by default). Then press INSTALL next to Mobdro to install Mobdro on your Firestick
- After Mobdro is installed, the your Firestick says “Do you want to install this application?”. Select Next / Install.
- Once Mobdro is done installing, select Open to launch Mobdro
- When Mobdro launches for the first time, select OK to accept the Disclaimer (if it displays one)
- Then select a menu item from the Mobdro home screen, such as UK and USA
- Now select a media playlist (aka “TV Channel”, which is really a playlist of media files) and start streaming!
How to Install Mobdro on Firestick with Downloader
Downloader is one of the most popular third party apps for Firestick, and for good reason. Follow the steps below to use it to download Mobdro on Amazon Firestick. As a bonus, this will also help you jailbreak your Firestick! Follow along.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
Step 1: Enable third-party apps
As Mobdro offers free live streams and free home entertainment services, it’s not part of the Amazon Store. No surprises there. It is a third party app which needs to be sideloaded on your Firestick. Under default security settings, Firestick will not let you install or even download third-party apps. That is until you have granted it permission to allow “Apps from Unknown Sources.” But how exactly can you do that? Follow along!
Turn on your Firestick and select settings from the menu bar located on top of the screen. It will open up a new menu showing options for References, My FireTv, Accessibility, Help, and My Account. Select My Fire Tv and click on the “Developer options” from the list of options. Here you will notice two options, “ADB Debugging” and “Apps from unknown sources.” If “Apps from unknown sources” option is turned off, you need to enable it. ADB Debugging is optional. You can turn it on or leave it the way it is. When you click on “Apps from unknown sources,” Firestick will prompt a warning. Select “turn on” to enable third-party apps. Hey! Don’t fret over it. Thousands of people have used Mobdro before. It is an authentic and safe application. Once the option has been selected, you can go ahead with the installation process.
Step 2: Download and install App Downloader
Downloading APK files from web browsers is another hassle you need to take care of. This is because Firestick won’t allow direct downloads. So for sideloading apps on Firestick, you need a downloader app. You can try any downloader app from the Amazon Store. On the home screen, reach out to the search option on Firestick and type any downloader app name or simply “Downloader.” Follow the instructions along and install it on your device.
Step 2.5 (Optional): Use Downloader to Install Aptoide TV
In this section, we use the Downloader app to download & install Aptoide TV on Firestick. What is Aptoide TV for Firestick? Aptoide is a third-party app store which lets us quickly and easily install Mobdro on Firestick (and many other streaming TV apps!). Here’s how:
- Launch the Downloader app for Firestick (if it’s not already Open)
- Enter the address bit.ly/a323kftv into the Downloader app
- Wait for the download to complete. The Downloader app then launches the Aptoide installer automatically.
- When the Aptoide installation screen appears, press the Install button
- After Aptoide for Firestick is done installing, press Open to launch Aptoide.
Now that Aptoide TV is installed on your Firestick, we simply just use Aptoide TV to install Mobdro on Firestick. If you’d prefer you can simply download Mobdro from the Downloader app. To do that, move on to Step 3 below.
Step 3: Download Mobdro
Now, you are all set. Open the downloader app, enter the source URL of the latest Mobdro APK (You can get the latest link from the Mobdro Official website and press Go. As Mobdro is a very small app, the downloading process won’t take long (unless you are on a dial-up connection).
Step 4: Install Mobdro
Once the downloader has done its magic, initiate the installation process by clicking on the downloaded APK file. It will show you a prompt. Navigate to the bottom right of the prompt and press the Next button. In the following prompt, click on the Install button to start installing Mobdro. The installation process is usually quick, taking only a few minutes.
Step 5: Run the App (or not, yet)
After Mobdro is installed successfully, you will be presented with a prompt saying, “App Installed.” At the bottom, you should see two options. Click on the Open button to run the app straight away. Clicking on the Done button will end the installation process without running the app. You can then delete the APK file to free up space. It is not needed anymore once the installation is complete.
Click on “open” to run the app. A welcome message will prompt you to accept the Mobdro End User License Agreement. Click on “Agree” to launch the app. Now, you can select all the channels you want. You can view News, Shows, Movies, Sports or Music. In the channels section, you can find all the channels listed in alphabetical order. Select one to start streaming!
While some channels on the app are geo-restricted, you can still watch them by using a good VPN like IPVanish that changes your IP location to one of the allowed geographies. Sweet, right?
That took a while, but congratulations! You have successfully downloaded and installed Mobdro on Firestick. Enjoy free access to unlimited video streams. Before launching your app, make sure the VPN you have installed is working correctly. If you are using IPVanish VPN, there is no reason why it shouldn’t.
While our step by step guide to set up the app ends here, some people may need help with accessing the installed file. The section below aims to help them out.
Accessing Mobdro on Firestick, Fire TV or Fire TV Cube
When you install an app on Amazon Firestick, it does not appear in the home section. Rather it goes to the app library section called “Your apps and channels.” Any recently installed app will be located right at the bottom of the screen. For quick access, you should bring it up into the Home screen. Don’t worry, we will show you how you can do it. Tag along!
- Press and hold for a while the home button on your device remote until a new screen appears. Locate Apps and click on it to open the Apps library.
- Next, by using the down navigation button on the surface of the remote, scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose the Mobdro icon.
- Clicking it will open the App. We don’t want to open it just yet. Instead, we will be moving the app to the home screen. Therefore, press the menu button on the remote. The menu button is distinctively labeled with three horizontal lines, so it should be easy to find.
- When you press the menu button, a popup menu will be displayed on the lower right corner of the screen. Click on Move to Front to move your app ahead of other apps at the very first spot.
- You can also place it anywhere you like by repeatedly clicking “Move” in the popup menu and dragging the icon using the navigation buttons.
- Finally, press the Select button on the remote to drop the icon.
Well done! You have successfully moved the app to the top. Now you can access it directly from your home screen.
How to Install Mobdro Kodi Add-on
The categories included in the Kodi Mobdro Addon are the News category, Channels, a nice little Shows category, a Movies category, Sports, and even a Music category.
- In the top left-hand corner of your screen, click the icon for System Settings
- Then click File Manager
- On the left click Add Source
- Then click the bar that says None
- Type in the URL: http://legionworldtv.com/zips/ and click OK
- In the next box down name, it zips and click OK
- Then double check everything is correct and click OK
- Go back to the main menu and click Add-ons
- Then click the Add-on Package Installer Icon at top left
- Click Install from a zip file
- Then a box will pop open: select zips
- Find and click plugin.video.mobdro.zip
- Then, wait for the Repository to download and popup top right and say: Mobdro Add-on Installed
- After it is installed, the Kodi Mobdro addon will be located in the main menu as: Video Add-ons
What’s on Mobdro?
Great streaming content!
Important: We do not condone or support streaming TV channels that you don’t actually pay for already with a Cable TV subscription.
How does Mobdro work?
Mobdro pulls (or “scrapes”) sources from various places around the Internet. Then it puts the media files into different “playlists”, such as “Christmas Movies” or “Mystery Movies”.
You then select a playlist and start watching whatever movie is currently playing on a Mobdro playlist.
The Mobdro app for Firestick is more similar to standard TV channels, since there’s always something playing and you just “turn it on wherever it’s at in the movie”.
Benefits of Mobdro
Mobdro is pretty cool though, because it also has some benefits we’re accustomed to with normal TV channels such as:
- Fast loading – Select a playlist in Mobdro and it plays within 3 seconds or less. No choosing Sources or messing with “Pairing” buttons like in Kodi
- Variety of Playlists – Mobdro playlisits are more like TV Channels than playlists. So if you look at it like that, Mobdro gives you an awesome variety of TV Channels from which you choose
- Constant playback – When a movie or TV show is done playing, the next media item automatically plays. No more searching for the remote when you’re half asleep and just want some background TV
- Mobdro is basically a TV in your Firestick
Disadvantages of Mobdro
- No search feature. You’re pretty much stuck with the playlists that appear
- Some playlists contain bogus media (but not many). For example, I tried one movie playlist and it asked my Firestick to launch some external app. Now, the “external app” it wanted to launch was most likely YouTube. But I didn’t care to find out, so I just pressed Cancel and moved on to the next Mobdro movie playlist. The next playlist did not do the same external app launch attempt, so I was able to just keep flipping through Mobdro channels.
Mobdro Other Names
The Mobdro app has been cloned by many app developers and renamed. One example is Modbro, which was simply a Mobdro clone.
How to Install Mobdro on Firestick with CetusPlay (Advanced)
This is the Expert version of the Mobdro Firestick install guide. he Expert version leaves out little details that newbies might need.
- Install CetusPlay
- Go to App Center from the CetusPlay main menu
- Then find Mobdro in the list of apps
- Select the INSTALL button next to Mobdro
- After Mobdro installs on the Firestick, launch Mobdro
- When Mobdro asks to update, select OK
- Wait for Mobdro to update
- After Mobdro updates, re-launch it if it doesn’t re-launch automatically.
- When Mobdro has re-launched, select a playlist.
- Mobdro will start streaming media from the playlist you selected!
- Make sure you use a VPN while streaming to protect your incoming and outgoing data.
That’s about it. We hope you enjoyed our article and it will help you get your favorite app. Now that you know everything related to install Mobdro on Firestick, go ahead and set it up on your Firestick, Firetv, or Fire tv cube. Install and relish in endless hours of live tv streams whenever you want. Whether you are looking for specific channels from the UK, USA, or anywhere else in the world, it’s all right here. Happy streaming! And don’t forget to let us know your thoughts in the comments below.