We’re going to show you the quickest and easiest way to install the latest version of Kodi on your Amazon Firestick. This guide will work for any of these Amazon Fire TV Devices: 1st Generation Fire TV, 1st Generation Fire TV Stick, 2nd Generation Fire TV, 2nd Generation Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV 3, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Televisions. Once you know how to install Kodi on Firestick, you’ll be able to stream free television, movies, sports, and adult channels straight to your TV!
It’s no secret that the Amazon Firestick is one of the best streaming devices on the market (in stiff competition with Roku)! Fire TV connects your television with tons of great premium streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Criterion Channel, Amazon Prime Video, BBC, Tubi, IMDB, and more. But what happens when you want to watch something that isn’t featured on one of these great channels? We’ll show you how to install Kodi on Firestick so you can stream all the best shows and movies for free.
Install Latest Version of Kodi on Firestick 2020
The latest version of Kodi is Kodi 18.6, code named Leia in honor of Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher. There are advanced beta versions of Kodi available in pre-release. Kodi 18.7, also called Leia, is available for download as well as the exciting new development build of Kodi 19, code named Matrix. We recommend these beta versions of Kodi Leia and Matrix only for advanced users who don’t mind a few bugs popping up every new and then. For most of our users, we recommend going with the most stable version, Kodi 18.6. When you’re following our how to install Kodi on Firestick guide, make sure you’re downloading the best version.
Jailbreak Amazon Firestick for Kodi Install
Jailbreaking your Firestick to install Kodi sounds like a job for hackers, but trust us, it couldn’t be easier. All you’re really doing is changing a few settings so that you can download 3rd party apps that aren’t a part of the official Amazon App Store. Get ready for your Amazon Fire TV ready for Kodi install in just a few easy steps!
- Go to your Settings menu, and select My Fire TV or Device
- Select Developer Options
- Toggle ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources so they are both on
Now we’re going to take a couple of extra steps to protect your privacy while using Kodi with Amazon Firestick.
- Go back to Settings
- Navigate to Preferences and then select Privacy Settings
- Make sure that Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data are both turned off
Privacy Protection for Kodi on Amazon Firestick
Before we go any further into our how to install Kodi on Firestick guide, we need to talk about privacy. Over the past few years your data has become one of the most valuable commodities being bought and sold by powerful corporate players across the word. Privacy is more important than ever. Your data should belong to you and you alone.
The best way to protect the privacy of your browsing history and online data from prying eyes is through a reliable VPN service (not all VPNs are created equal). If you have any doubts, check out this article with just a few of the most important reasons to use a VPN with Kodi on your Amazon Firestick.
To get started with one of the best VPN services available, click the link below.
Get the Downloader App
There are a few different ways to learn how to install Kodi on Firestick, but this is the one we recommend. It’s the easiest and fastest way to install Kodi 18.6. If you follow these steps, you’ll be ready in no time:
- Go to the Firestick / Fire TV Home Screen, select the search icon on top-left side of screen
- Type the word Downloader in the search box, and click it when it appears below
- Now press the orange Downloader icon
- Click OK with your Fire TV remote to begin the download!
Install Kodi on Amazon Firestick
Now that you have Downloader installed on your Amazon Firestick, it’s time to learn how to install Kodi on Firestick!
- Start by launching Downloader from your Firestick home menu
- Click Allow (some Fire TV models may not ask you to do this)
- And then select OK on the Update Notes that appear
- Click OK on the remote to open the keyboard and type in the address to install Kodi 18.6 which is: bit.ly/kodi186apk
- Click Go after typing in the address and your Kodi download will begin.
- Choose Install on Kodi setup page
- Click Done after the installation is complete
- In the next window, select Delete to remove the Kodi 18.4 install file in order to free up storage space on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
- Click Delete again to confirm your selection
Now you know how to install Kodi on Firestick!
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
Set Up Kodi on Firestick or Fire TV
Congratulations on successfully downloading Kodi on your Amazon Firestick TV! Your next step is to set up Kodi so that it’s easy to access on your Amazon streaming device. This is an easy process. Just follow these steps:
- Go to your Home screen and, under the Apps & Channels category, click See All
- Choose the Kodi shortcut from the screen and click Options on your Fire TV remote (it’s the one with three straight lines stacked on top of one another) and click Move
- Now move the Kodi shortcut closer to front of the list so that it appears on your Fire TV Home screen. When you’ve got it where you want it, click OK.
- Launch Kodi now and click Continue when prompted
- Next, Click Allow to give Kodi the required permissions.
- When loading is complete you’ll find yourself on the Kodi 18.6 Leia Home Screen on your Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
Install Kodi Add-Ons
Once you’ve installed Kodi on Amazon Fire TV, all that’s left for you to do is start using Kodi Add-Ons to get the best free streaming content out there! The landscape of Kodi Add-Ons is always changing. We do our best to make sure that you always have the latest information. Check the link below to see our latest articles on which Kodi Add-Ons we recommend for Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube!
Other Options to Download Kodi for Fire TV
For our how to install Kodi on Firestick guide, we recommend using Downloader, but we always like to give you alternatives. There are a few quick and simple ways to get Kodi on your Fire TV. Here’s the best of the rest!
Download Kodi on Fire TV with ES File Explorer
Downloader may be king of the hill, but ES File Explorer is a favorite standby for a lot of Amazon Firestick / Fire TV users, it’s a great multi-platform file manager that’s compatible with Android devices.
If you haven’t tried it yet and want to take it for a spin, read this guide on How To Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV.
Once you’ve done that, follow these steps showing how to install Kodi on Firestick / Fire TV:
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.
- Open ES File Explorer on your Fire TV
- Select Tools from the Menu on the left
- Choose Download Manager
- Click New
- Choose the text field next to Path
- Type this (exactly this!): bit.ly/kodi186apk and click the Next with your Fire Stick Remote
- In the text field next to Name, type Kodi and click Next
- Click Download Now
- Once the file is downloaded, click Open File
- Choose Install
- A new menu will pop up, and will click Install again
- Now click Done!
Install Kodi on Firestick with Appstarter / Firestarter
AppStarter formerly known as Firestarter is another great way to manage downloads and files on your Amazon Firestick device. It makes it easy to have the latest version of Kodi for Fire TV without having to worry about a complicated install process.
You’ll need the Downloader app for this option, so first read the steps at the beginning of this article before you move on.
Once you’ve done that, just follow the steps below to get AppStarter on your Amazon Firestick / Fire TV!
- Type http://fs.bpx.li into the Downloader app’s URL box and click Install
- Click Done once the app is installed
- Next you’ll have the option to delete the file you just downloaded
- Click Delete, then Click Delete again to confirm. This will help you free up valuable storage space on your Fire Stick
- Now you’ve installed AppStarter on your Fire TV, so launch AppStarter to start installing Kodi
- Scroll down to Updates on the left side of the screen click the Install button next to Kodi
- Once the download is finished, click Install
- Click Done, and boom! The installation is complete!
Download Kodi on Fire TV with FileLinked
To get Filelinked on your Amazon Firestick, you’re going to need to install Downloader first, so scroll back up this article and follow the steps to get Downloader on your streaming device. Once you have Downloader, installing Filelinked is easy!
- After you launch Downloader, enter the following address into the “http://” box: https://get.filelinked.com/
- Then press the button on your screen to proceed with the download
- After Downloader finishes downloading Filelinked, press “Install” to install Filelinked Just press Install
- Then press “Open” to launch Filelinked Select “Open” to launch Filelinked
Now that Filelinked is installed, scroll down to the “Filelinked Codes” section below to enter a Filelinked code.
Actually using FileLinked is easy:
- Enter the code 85810914 into Filelinked.
- Press the Continue button to load the FileLinked code.
- Then select an app from the Filelinked code you entered
- After you select an app to install, wait for it to download
- Then proceed to Install the app you chose.
That’s it! Now you’ve installed Kodi on your Amazon Firestick with Filelinked
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Legal to Install Kodi on Firestick?
The good news is that Kodi for Firestick is completely legal. This is because Kodi actually hosts no content on its own servers. It’s possible that some of the add-ons you might get through Kodi allow you to stream copyrighted content. Streaming copyrighted content is absolutely not legal and isn’t something we can endorse on this site.
If you’re worried about who will see your browsing or streaming history, we strongly recommend protecting yourself with a reliable VPN that will keep your private information secure. We’ve done a lot of research into the best VPN. If you’re not already protected check out our recommendation:
What Are the Best Channels on Kodi?
Kodi add ons are always being updated and there are tons of new channels all the time. You can watch almost anything on Kodi if you know where to look. Here are a few lists we’ve put together of the best streaming content for Kodi on Amazon Firestick:
What if Kodi is Broken on my Firestick?
It’s usually easy to fix Kodi problems. We recommend you start by clearing Kodi’s app data in your device settings and restarting your Amazon Firestick. If that doesn’t help, then the problem may be with one of the Kodi add-ons. Try a different add-on to see if it resolves the Kodi issue.
How to Uninstall Kodi from Firestick?
Now that you know how to install Kodi on Firestick, you can also delete Kodi from your Fire TV just like any other app. To uninstall Kodi:
- Go to Applications in your Firestick menu
- Select Manage Installed Applications.
- Scroll down to Kodi
- Select Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on your screen
Is My Firestick Compatible with Kodi?
Before you learn how to install Kodi on Firestick, you want to make sure you have the right equipment. Kodi is compatible with all Amazon Fire TV devices. Here is a list of compatible Amazon devices for Kodi:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Firestick 2nd Gen
- Amazon Firestick 4k
- Amazon Fire Cube
What is the Most Up-To-Date Version of Kodi?
The latest version of Kodi for Amazon Fire Devices is Kodi 18.6 Leia. Keep an eye out for Kodi 19 Matrix coming in the future!